Racism - Lets keep it civil. Also, Gravy is white.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Its kind of an ethnic slur
but it's not racial.
Si3in0p.gif

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Does anyone know why all pictures from imgur show up as broken links for me? I can right click on the picture and say "Open image in new tab" and it comes right up but any time someone posts an imgur pic here it shows up as broken but other hosts don't have this problem. It's probably something to do with my shitty satellite internet but I'm wondering if I'm the only one.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Pardon me, I thought "coon" was a racist term for black people. I'm not up on my cajun ethnic slurs.

Let's find out what Anita thinks of this.
Coon is a racist term for blacks, but it's also short for raccoon(which I imagine is where the racist term came from as well). It's all about context, man!

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
"coon ass" sounds like something an ignorant racist would say
Like a lot of things. True coon asses call each other that. But if you're not from there, don't call one that lol.

It's not really a derogatory term. People use it every day. You go tailgating at LSU and half the people will have soandso coon ass on their trailer/RV etc...I'd say a lot of people wear it as a badge of honor. People can call themself a coon ass as a badge of honor, but it becomes derogatory if you call someone an ignorant coon ass in a disagreement and such. But if someone says "you don't fucked with the wrong coon ass now" they are wearing it as a badge of honor. I wouldn't use the term in front of someone if you are not from the area and get idea of how it works lol.

Nothing to do with coon in reference to black people, which you never hear at all.

af917df80b70245e8b32e2aaf4381a19.jpg

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I dunno man, I feel like calling someone a coon ass will get you a beating in any state above the south. If I walked up to a black man here and casually said something about someone being a coon ass they would instantly think I was referring to a black man. And they would kill me. And dump me in the charles river. And goodbye Noodlemod.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I dunno man, I feel like calling someone a coon ass will get you a beating in any state above the south. If I walked up to a black man here and casually said something about someone being a coon ass they would instantly think I was referring to a black man. And they would kill me. And dump me in the charles river. And goodbye Noodlemod.
Are you saying black men are irrationally violent murderers who would kill you at the drop of a hat for insulting them?

Ironic that in your condemnation of fake racism, you actually are showing huge racism here.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Pardon me, I thought "coon" was a racist term for black people. I'm not up on my cajun ethnic slurs.

Let's find out what Anita thinks of this.
Well, check urban dictionary. If it's on there, black people know what it means.

Urban Dictionary: coonass

Looks safe to use bro.

I like the story of how it came to be. During WW2 some cajun soldiers were speaking creole (or whatever the fuck that language is called) and some frenchmen said they sounded like conasse. They meant the language sounded like some dirty french whore language, but the cajuns liked ow it sounded it and kept calling themselves coon asses.

iannis

Musty Nester
Around here coon is for blacks. It is fightin words.

A coon is a clever, disease infested rodent that will steal your shit and try to fight you if cornered but otherwise sneak and skulk.

Which is too bad because raccoons are fucking awesome. Why rednecks had to sully such a noble beast I can not forgive.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
You know why black people are called coons right? Because they like shiny things. I've caught coons in my traps using a pop top off a tin can as bait. Same ideal.

But coonass is nothing like coon toward a black person at all.

iannis

Musty Nester
Quit killing coons you fucking racist.

I hope you've fenced a hectacre and have created a preserve. A coon-munity, if you will.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You know why black people are called coons right? Because they like shiny things. I've caught coons in my traps using a pop top off a tin can as bait. Same ideal.

But coonass is nothing like coon toward a black person at all.
it's totally a south thing, which I guess isn't surprising at all to me. If you say coonass to any black man above the southern states you'll probably get your ass beat

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
reference my post. if urbandictionary knows what the word means then all black people do too.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
reference my post. if urbandictionary knows what the word means then all black people do too.
Ah I see

So if I say it to a black man and see him get enraged I quickly tell him "go to urbandictionary bro! your face is gonna be so red!!!"