Rate Movies You've Recently Watched.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Re-watched the 2003 remake of The Italian Job 7/10 last night with the wife. It's a fun non-serious movie and reminds you what a douche Ed Norton is. That made us both curious so we watched the 1969 original. It was a fun movie. I had a heart attack at the opening credits because of that beautiful car and what they pretended to do to it. It's only slightly similar to the remake. 8/10 will watch again. Found a 1080p copy (could not find a 4K rip) and it looked great as well.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
So last night, after watching a 30odd year old Michael Caine , we watched a 90 year old version of him in a recent movie called the Great Escaper. Make sure you get a version with subtitles as some of the accents were hard for me and I am married into a British family. He plays a D-Day veteran that returns to Normandy for the 70th anniversary of the invasion and I'll leave it at that. Short , 90 min movie and well worth a watch. Father time is an evil motherfucker. 8.5/10

Izo

Tranny Chaser
American Sniper. Aged not so well in this age of drone war. Good story though.

TheAylix

Vyemm Raider
Abigail (2024) - I'm actually offended this movie wasn't better. How do you screw up a premise like this movie has? Not spoiling anything, as all of the plot is given away in the trailer, but the quick synopsis is: A group of criminals kidnap a young ballerina, the daughter of a rich and powerful man. They hold her in a secluded mansion for 24 hours, enough time for their contact to get the $50 million ransom. The kicker: the tiny dancer is actually an ancient, powerful vampire!

That should be the basis for a really fun horror film. Either make it like the original Predator - a gang of highly skilled killers have to band together and fight against a seemingly unstoppable foe who is hunting them for fun and blood - or make it a brutal old-school slasher film, where Abigail delights in hunting down and killing off this band of child-kidnapping lowlifes in a series of gory spectacles. I guess they couldn't fully decide on which way to go, so they try to have it both ways at different points - leaving the film muddled and far less than it could be. 6/10 for failing to commit to a good horror premise and wasting some solid performances, neat ideas, and a few really great scenes (the dance scene to Danzig's Blood and Tears in particular).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Reptile with Benicio Del Toro. Cop murder mystery. Really slow pace. If that bothers you I would avoid it. The outcome is semi predictable if you pay attention but it's still an enjoyable film. 6.5/10

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Abigail (2024) - I'm actually offended this movie wasn't better. How do you screw up a premise like this movie has? Not spoiling anything, as all of the plot is given away in the trailer, but the quick synopsis is: A group of criminals kidnap a young ballerina, the daughter of a rich and powerful man. They hold her in a secluded mansion for 24 hours, enough time for their contact to get the $50 million ransom. The kicker: the tiny dancer is actually an ancient, powerful vampire!

That should be the basis for a really fun horror film. Either make it like the original Predator - a gang of highly skilled killers have to band together and fight against a seemingly unstoppable foe who is hunting them for fun and blood - or make it a brutal old-school slasher film, where Abigail delights in hunting down and killing off this band of child-kidnapping lowlifes in a series of gory spectacles. I guess they couldn't fully decide on which way to go, so they try to have it both ways at different points - leaving the film muddled and far less than it could be. 6/10 for failing to commit to a good horror premise and wasting some solid performances, neat ideas, and a few really great scenes (the dance scene to Danzig's Blood and Tears in particular).
I thought Abigail was a pretty fun movie.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Saw 'Bone Tomahawk' was on Netflix and watched it again for the 1st time in a few years. A western-horror type movie. Really tight story and a decent cast. Everyone should watch it at least once. 9/10 and one of the top 10 western movies.

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Rewatched Zack's Army of the Dead. It's not a masterpiece but it's very enjoyable. Fucking zombie tiger ftw.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Had a cosmic brownie yesterday and rewatched 2 of my favorite older comedies.

and

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Only if you approve of my next double feature which is probably going to be:

and

lol

Those two are much lower on my list in comparison to your first post. That said, I have no doubt I would thoroughly enjoy these two with a cosmic brownie.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Down Periscope is one of the most underrated movies of all time.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users