Rate Movies You've Recently Watched.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>

Watched this last night. I think 4.4/10 is pretty unfair if you go in with the right expectations. It isn't big budget, basically consists of one dude in a room talking to someone on a cell phone. It isn't as involved as something like Cube. But it isn't THAT bad. Not a whole lot happens, very dialogue heavy. I'd bump it up to a 5.5/10. With a little more cleverness it'd be a great independent scifi flick because the concept is so easy.

The Director is a guy named Jason Satterlund who did a Kenobi Fan Film that got a lot of praise, I guess. Haven't watched it but may try to check it out. And a Splinter Cell short film?!

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Down Periscope wasn't as good as the original

rEdhpbBznK8S3EnjgupCVK1RImZ.jpg

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Did my yearly rewatch of Rogue One - A Star Wars Story. It was good (as usual). I still recall towards the end of the movie thinking: This will not make any sense unless they all die but Disney won't allow that surely. Also that scene in the dark corridor , with the breathing I shouted 'Oh HELL YEAH' when that red saber fired up.

9/10 would steal the death star plans again.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>

Great movie... Damn. We need a resurgence of the 1980s in movie-making.

The "wild thing" scene is just amazing.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

Fuck you Jobu!

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Watched a couple of background slop while doing some reports for work...

The lead actress was a contestant on Love Island (a reality show even I've never watched). Thought it might be an interesting indie thriller. Didn't have high hopes after the beginning and I'd say those expectations played out. 2.4/10 is overly harsh. It is watchable but in the same way a late night Oxygen Network made for TV movie is.

This looked interesting because it starred Amanda Crew who I liked in Silicon Valley and Freaks (which was underrated if I remember, need to rewatch that). But this wasn't great. Probably would have been better if it just focused on Amanda Crew going crazy and not tried to switch POV. 5/10 is probably fair.

Not recommending anyone go out and watch either of these. Freaks maybe, if it was good like I remember.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, went ahead and rewatched Freaks. Totally think this is a cool movie and well done. No idea how these guys have done nothing but a Kim Possible movie since 2019. This reminds me of Chronicle where Josh Trank made a really awesome low budget film and then effectively did nothing else.

No idea why Emile Hirsch's name is so familiar to me, looking over his IMDB nothing jumps out that would make me remember him. Was he in some controversy?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Watched Taxi Driver and gotta admit dont get what all the praise is about. Maybe it was breaking new ground in the 70s?

Barbarella 3/10 - The people who made this where consuming all the drugs possible. Jane Fonda for being a commie cunt was pretty damn attractive though.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Watched Taxi Driver and gotta admit dont get what all the praise is about. Maybe it was breaking new ground in the 70s?

Barbarella 3/10 - The people who made this where consuming all the drugs possible. Jane Fonda for being a commie cunt was pretty damn attractive though.
TD is one of those movies that is popular because it is popular, not because it is good.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm

I watched both Major Leagues and Hot Shots 1/deux about a year. Sheen was killing it those years. I miss those styles of movies. They butchered the whole parody style in the late 90s

Edit- speaking of parodies, is Airplane 2 as bad as I remember it?

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

TD doesn't hold up to newer generations in part because it is based on a fucked up Vietnam vet. When it came out Vietnam was fresh in everyone's mind and shit like PTSD didn't exist.

I haven't rewatched Deer Hunter in a while but I'm guessing it might also be the same way. The idea of American small towns and people who live in them has been forever changed by the internet and instant communion.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Did the Chronicle rewatch. Still really enjoyed it. Need to put this in a Halloween rotation or something. It isn’t horror but don’t think the wife would watch it outside of a “theme” context. Good flick.

Based off IMDB recommendation I watched Project Almanac afterwards. Never heard of this and saw MTV Film in the production credits. But it was pretty good too. Not amazing but 6/10 is pretty fair. This is going to start a “time travel” theme week for sure

We watched They Live, wife’s first time. Remains relevant in 2024. All of Roddy’s lines are amazing. Poor Keith David. Trying to figure out why Meg Foster looked so familiar. May be from just a bunch of random stuff over the years like Hercules, Quantum Leap, etc. Also it has a pretty interesting MP5 / HK94 set up that I hadn’t seen very often with the long barrel shroud and canted foregrip. Most 80s movies were using them with just the shortened barrel, like Predator, etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Did my yearly rewatch of Rogue One - A Star Wars Story. It was good (as usual). I still recall towards the end of the movie thinking: This will not make any sense unless they all die but Disney won't allow that surely. Also that scene in the dark corridor , with the breathing I shouted 'Oh HELL YEAH' when that red saber fired up.

9/10 would steal the death star plans again.
the battle of scarif is the only star wars space battle i like, the rest of the space battles are junk

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users