Rate Movies You've Recently Watched.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
View attachment 542633

I saw this quote on FB a few days ago but didn't know if it was real.

The 4k version of Aliens just looks way too smooth and artificial. I'd rather watch an older version like the 1080p. Same for Terminator 2

View attachment 542634

People thought these would be fresh scans of the film prints when what they got were upscaled versions of prior scans with some AI fucker on top.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 542633

I saw this quote on FB a few days ago but didn't know if it was real.

The 4k version of Aliens just looks way too smooth and artificial. I'd rather watch an older version like the 1080p. Same for Terminator 2

View attachment 542634

Dude is the paradigm of huffing your own farts. Sadly he cant be humbled because retards keep seeing avatar.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
Longlegs. Good flick. The interrogation room scene was disturbing. Bad guy easily one of the creepiest ever. Pegs the creepy and strange meters.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Rewatched Volunteers last night. It's one of my top Tom Hanks movies that is made better with the addition of John Candy and Gedde Watanabe. Give it another 7.5/10. Still a fun watch.

Speaking of Gedde Watanabe, been trying to find a copy of Gung-Ho to watch too.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Best sketch group of all time honestly.

That's a tough one for me. Kids in the Hall was awesome, and I'm a huge fan of the Upright Citizen's Brigade show that was on back then, but I get that it wasn't for everyone. But In Living Color might be the top for me.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
You’re all wrong. The State was the greatest.

Okay, Kids in the Hall probably was the greatest but I’ll always have fond memories of The State.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Watched Jackpot. It's as bad/good as you would think. Easy 5.5/10. How much you will like it depends on how much you like Cena and how much you can tolerate Awkwafina.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Did you know that you needed a Squid Game knock off made on a $47 budget? No? You don't. This movie is terrible. I don't even want to type any more about it. 3/10

It was accidentally the 2nd movie I watched by the Director b/c last night I randomly clicked on this SciFi schlock. Didn't even realize that the same guy did OctoGames until I looked up the movie on IMDB. This one may be .5 better because it sort of looks like they used actual sets instead of a relative's house and backyard. So... 3.5/10.

• 1Worf

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>

Just great... and the finale is about as fun, ironic and unexpected as an M Night Shayamalan movie.
It's a great western (even though it takes place in Australia).

• 3Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
We watched our annual Top Gun (1986) filming. Still a great movie. F-14s are sexy as hell. 9/10 would wingman again.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>

Much better than I recall it being when I originally viewed the film eons ago.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
You’re all wrong. The State was the greatest.

Okay, Kids in the Hall probably was the greatest but I’ll always have fond memories of The State.

I also loved the State. That crew spread out and did a ton of great things like Reno 911.

• 1Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Watched Midway (1976) just came out on Netflix. Really really enjoyed it 8/10. It's an older movie but it uses some actual war footage. Fun fact, this movie features the aircraft carrier Yorktown , which is located in my all time favorite part of SC, Patriot point. I went on a tour of that carrier (and a wedding but that's another story) and while we were on the tour one of the people speaking served on the ship during the battle of Midway. He described a reporter hiding under a table when the carrier was strafed by a Japanese plane and everyone laughing since the table would not do shit. Made the hair on my arms stand on end. Work a watch !

• 3Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
What a breath of fresh air this was. I think the main character is that guy from youtube I've seen on clips. I didn't bother luck it up though.

• 1Cringe

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
What a breath of fresh air this was. I think the main character is that guy from youtube I've seen on clips. I didn't bother luck it up though.

Man, I forgot I tried to watch this. I only did because of the big-tittied blonde from Magicians. Side comment, she looked tired and old in this.

I cannot STAND the main guy. Maybe it is just me, but I literally wanted to murder him every single time he was on screen. The way he emphasizes the wrong syllables, has that breathy weird fucking voice...gah, I wish he'd just explode. I only made it about 30 minutes, I hated him so fucking much. I don't know how you sat through it, but more power to you.

EDIT: Even if it is all just an act, all I have ever seen him do is that exact same character, so in my eyes that is him, and he can fucking go to hell and die!

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Man, I forgot I tried to watch this. I only did because of the big-tittied blonde from Magicians. Side comment, she looked tired and old in this.

I cannot STAND the main guy. Maybe it is just me, but I literally wanted to murder him every single time he was on screen. The way he emphasizes the wrong syllables, has that breathy weird fucking voice...gah, I wish he'd just explode. I only made it about 30 minutes, I hated him so fucking much. I don't know how you sat through it, but more power to you.

EDIT: Even if it is all just an act, all I have ever seen him do is that exact same character, so in my eyes that is him, and he can fucking go to hell and die!
I understand the sentiment;

• 1Like

Caliane

yeah, did I not comment on this? its on Amazon now.

its.. ok. yeah, the director created the character for clips. he would show up around local news stories, in character, and get on local/state television. you see them at the end of the movie in the credits.

great puppetry. The character is ok. has some consistency problems. same issue with the story. I wanted to like it more then I did. I feel like it could have used some redrafts to be great.
I think they needed to establish the character as a character. even if its a nervous tick. like, Elvira drops the act from time to time, and its clear. its an act mostly. its still her through the act, but sometimes she will 100% drop it and talk normal.