Rate Movies You've Recently Watched.

Szlia

The Tempest - I generally like Shakespeare adaptions, but this one sucked. Only thing it had going for it was Helen Mirren as Prospero. Special effects were cringeworthy and they just didn't do a good job at translating from stage to screen.

I guess you now have to watch Forbidden Planet (apparently a disguised adaptation of The Tempest) and, of course, Prospero's Books! Most clips on youTube are NSFW and some probably even illegal in this day and age, but let me see if I can find something.... there I found one:

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Set in a future where population control is dictated by a high school aptitude test, two students must take down the system before it takes them first.

Got done watching 3% and read an article talking about a movie called The Thinning that I never heard of. It's on youtube red and your local piracy sites. It's surprisingly good. Not bad for a quick watch if you like these kind of movies and only 1:23 long.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
World War Z mediocre Zombie film. Only part I enjoyed was the first 30 minutes of collapsed society ppl shooting each other over shut in supermarket

Then turned into a snooze fest

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
World War Z mediocre Zombie film. Only part I enjoyed was the first 30 minutes of collapsed society ppl shooting each other over shut in supermarket

Then turned into a snooze fest
Watch Train to Busan.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
Watched WWZ first since I heard it was worse than Busan. Gonna watch next! Thx fam

• 1Like

DethBreth

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just watched Moonrise Kingdom and The Fundamentals of Caring (Paul Rudd) both were excellent.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Silence.

I'm not sure how to rate it. High production value. I enjoyed both of the actors immensely. I like the setting.

But I have a real problem finding the particulars of it to be credible. Young Portugeese Jesuits were more emotionally savvy than that. They had to be. And they were more arrogant. They were trained to be.

It's kinda like in a way it tries too hard to "feel" genuine. Instead of be genuine. They way overplay the teary eyes and the "crisis of faith". It felt kinda dumbed down. Like they couldn't figure a way to portray the actual conflict (because there is a genuine conflict in the movie) so they sorta... I dunno... ACTING. It really just as a whole felt off.

Which sucks, because all the individual pieces of the movie were great. But sum of the parts just fell flat. It's like they tried to create some Jesuits that middle america would like.

Dude, you would NOT have liked a 17th Century Jesuit.

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
Train to Busan is fucking great! Exactly the early outbreak theme I wish The Walking Dead could be.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I haven't watched this yet, but I've heard good things. I might get a chance tomorrow.

The director did a nice background release to make it popular in the hood. He would drive somewhere and drop a VCR tape that had blood on it. People would pick it up, thinking some shit went down. Police actually got involved because the video showed cocaine, and people thought it was real.

Just wanted to put it up for you guys.

Siliconemelons

watched fantastic beasts ... it was okay... it had 1 movie timeframe for it to go from "Fun happy magic land! kids!" to the "No jk dark evilness" so it was kinda harsh while in the HP films you had the first 2 films that where still most light and happy. But it was alright, the nomag side kick was the best - the main guy was okay, but his offputting and quirky behavior had no real explanation, and i guess that is fine..

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The Descent - My gf was nagging me to watch this with her "oh it's so scary blablablablabla" and.....it wasn't lol
The premise was good: making a horror movie on a really claustrophobic and closed environment with some unknown threat but it failed to deliver on both lol
3/10

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
To the people who recommended Sicario, that was some dark awesome shit.

• 5Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users