Reacher

Haus

<Silver Donator>
The fight on the chopper was ridiculous
This is true. But I think we've established this is solid "Stop letting those pesky details stop you from enjoying the show" material at this point.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This is true. But I think we've established this is solid "Stop letting those pesky details stop you from enjoying the show" material at this point.
Details matter in a good show. 😉

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Seriously?

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>

Don't let silly details ruin the show! I noticed this season a whole lot of "talking my whole plan through and wasting a lot of time when I could have just shot you" a la Scooby Doo.

That still didn't bother me. It's sort of a "Die Hard" formula. If you focus on the action, characters and pacing , you forgive a lot of impossibilities.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
Nah, she was a the Ranger, since there have actually been two. "Two SEALs and one Ranger" by the phone call.

I'm a fan of the series, it has that 80's action movie vibe a bit, just have to ignore all the fake stuff.

Preferred season 1 more, but still give the second season a 8/10 overall.

• 1Like

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
I have to admit, I couldn't really sympathize with the protagonists this season.

It was still enjoyable watching them kill people with extreme prejudice, and there was a real sense of satisfaction watching Reacher throw Langston out of the helicopter.

I was briefly surprised how merciless they were when they let the two dudes get away in the helicopter then blow them up with a missile lol.

This season felt more like anti-heroes vs bad guys.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I think that was sort of the idea with the flashbacks showing that when they did everything by the book the government/their superiors fucked them over.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I have to admit, I couldn't really sympathize with the protagonists this season.

It was still enjoyable watching them kill people with extreme prejudice, and there was a real sense of satisfaction watching Reacher throw Langston out of the helicopter.

I was briefly surprised how merciless they were when they let the two dudes get away in the helicopter then blow them up with a missile lol.

This season felt more like anti-heroes vs bad guys.
These are hardened soldiers not cops. So they don't have the same qualms about taking out the bad guys as a cop would have. Plus you have the whole vengeance angle to deal with.

Plus those two guys in the heli were just as responsible as the others for their friends deaths.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
A.M. or whatever his name was such a terrible villain that's for sure. The writing on the show is so terrible/cliche I feel bad for enjoying it. It's the type of show my parents or my grandparents would have enjoyed. My grandparents were into mindless shows like NCIS and Scorpion or anything on CBS I think it is.

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
I really dug the over-the-top New York cop (with a hyperbolic Joisey accent).

No spoilers, but if they choose a solo-Reacher novel, he won't be coming back!

Homsar

What the hell is a solo Reacher story, aren't they all stand alone stories for the most part?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
That accent wasn't hyperbole. It's not even acting. That's just Domenick Lombardozzi's normal voice

• 2Worf

Homsar

That accent wasn't hyperbole. It's not even acting. That's just Domenick Lombardozzi's normal voice
Yeah he sounds like that. Feel like he's always the same Character. We need an asshole NY Cop

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
What the hell is a solo Reacher story, aren't they all stand alone stories for the most part?

Like S1 where Reacher is just traveling alone and solving a mystery with the local law enforcement. No backstory and no avengers team.

I really hope they don't feel the need to keep amping up the action with each season. The S1 stuff was maybe a bit questionable but he's freaking huge and a trained fighter so he should be able to whip random rednecks even if there's 5 of them. The action in S2 was so over the top that it might as well have been a mission impossible movie. If they want to top it next season they will have to literally turn him into the incredible hulk.

Homsar

Like S1 where Reacher is just traveling alone and solving a mystery with the local law enforcement. No backstory and no avengers team.

I really hope they don't feel the need to keep amping up the action with each season. The S1 stuff was maybe a bit questionable but he's freaking huge and a trained fighter so he should be able to whip random rednecks even if there's 5 of them. The action in S2 was so over the top that it might as well have been a mission impossible movie. If they want to top it next season they will have to literally turn him into the incredible hulk.
Mission impossible 2 is more believable than Reacher S2

• 1Like

Animosity

A bit over the top at times but I enjoyed s2. Wonder if he ever got that toothbrush..

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
A.M. or whatever his name was such a terrible villain that's for sure. The writing on the show is so terrible/cliche I feel bad for enjoying it. It's the type of show my parents or my grandparents would have enjoyed. My grandparents were into mindless shows like NCIS and Scorpion or anything on CBS I think it is.
Yeah, I thought they were building up to some sort of confrontation between AM and Reacher for the final episode. If anything, it shows how men like AM are badasses as long as they pick easy and unsuspecting targets IE a bully. And if theres one thing Reacher establishes, bullies are weak and cowardly. Once the plan goes to shit and AM is cornered, hes a little bitch

Really enjoyed the second season. It was a nice change of pace to have Reacher working with a team in an official capacity as opposed to begrudgingly helping local law enforcement.

I too thought Reacher and pals drifted a little too much into antihero territory with their actions but then realized yeah, those people were just as responsible for the misery the main guy caused. Note there was one moment where a normal security guard gets taken out, but its offscreen and its left to the viewer wether or not it was done with lethal force.

Would like to see each season have a different setup so its not necessarily always Reacher working alone, but I could deal if supporting characters and story are good.

They really should do two seasons at 8 episodes each per year, one in the spring and one in the fall, but thats just my opinion. Reachers stories seam to be like pulp stuff: you read about it and move on and putting out more than 8 episodes a year would reflect that

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
These are hardened soldiers not cops. So they don't have the same qualms about taking out the bad guys as a cop would have. Plus you have the whole vengeance angle to deal with.

Plus those two guys in the heli were just as responsible as the others for their friends deaths.
I know they were just as responsible - Reacher could just have shot them both and be done with it. Instead, Reacher and his team decide to toy with them with the missile shot.