Reacher

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Details Payattention GIF by Tonya Kubo

Just watched s1e8. Aaaaw, yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Solid 80's rambo style raid. Haha, the ending of the black guy, splat. Good times with his bro. I liked the ending. Sure hope S2 is as good :)

giphy.gif

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Details Payattention GIF by Tonya Kubo

Just watched s1e8. Aaaaw, yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Solid 80's rambo style raid. Haha, the ending of the black guy, splat. Good times with his bro. I liked the ending. Sure hope S2 is as good :)
S1 is better, S2 is just silly fun. S1 would have been better if not for injuries

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
wife saw this come up as we were perusing prime and asked if it was good, i said yes, and then we spent saturday night binging (me for 2nd time since i had seen season 1) most of season one, she was not sure if she would like it since she is not into the crime procedural stuff and i said it isn't....
she loves it, esp whenever he is shirtless...made me rewind the sex scene in the shower and then when he is changing in the parking lot...sigh.
we will be finishing season 1 tonight i think.
i like the series, season 2 less than 1 personally.

• 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
S1 is better, S2 is just silly fun. S1 would have been better if not for injuries
Season 3 will make Reacher look like even more like a superhero. It's a pretty brutal book if I am remembering right.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It’s odd you never see him working out or any reference to it. I mean, there’s suspension of disbelief and there’s this giant, ripped guy who just busses around the US slapping down bad guys and who just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I read that the character in the books was described more like Alan Ritchson's Reacher.

That being said, one of the things I enjoyed about Tom Cruise's Reacher was how Innocuous his character is. You do not look at Tom Cruise(5 foot 5) and think of him as some badass motherfucker who can really hurt you. He is calm and calculating. He even warns you and makes sure you really want to do this. His character came off better as a thinker who used skill over brawn to win his battles. This is similar to the Equalizer movies with Denzel Washington. I appreciated the movie's character a lot more.

The show decided to go with "The Mountain" as Reacher and for me that takes away one of the elements I enjoyed with Tom Cruise's character. There is no way I would fuck with Alan Ritchson's Reacher just due to his physique. Six foot Two and 230 solid pounds is not innocuous. He would have a hard time of "blending in" as that kind of physique stands out. He is dangerous in appearance.

I preferred the thinking fighter over the mountain version.

Honestly for those of us who didnt know reacher before the Cruise movies I thought they were plenty good. Cruise is a great actor. The size and age popped up for me watching it, but I was able to stil lenjoy it enough.

But after watching season 1 and reading 2 books, I totally understand why those who followed the bookls didnt like the movies.

But still, the scene where he insults the whore and then beats up a group of guys at a bar, Cruises age and size aside, was just great shit. Would have even been better with Alan, but Cruise being crazy aside the guy works his ass off in movies and I appreciate his skill

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't know if I'll get tired of watching him stomp some fools, s2 did not disappoint in that regard, but definitely had a few more "Really?" moments. Would have made for (I think) better finale if he had
dropped the gurney at the end, even if that chick was eye candy

That was the hardest to suspend belief, ignoring some of the shit in both seasons like being hit with crowbars.

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
There's not a straight, masculine dude on Earth that watched that prison shower scene from S1 and didn't think, "Fuck yea! I wish I could do that." As for Cruise, he makes awesome movies but there's no scenario outside of a literal Superhero movie where someone his size pulls off that scene. No. Fucking. Way.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't have time to look but my friend said Blue mountain State is coming back for another movie? Hope to see the ridiculous if true

• 1Like