Rebel Moon (2023)

Siliconemelons

Hyped

Sorry not sorry.

The OG cuts had so much potential, I hope the trailer was not the extent of new stuff - and it really seems to be a "different" story just from what we are shown there.

Many said part 1 could have been a montage, of them getting the warriors - seems like that is what that will be.

But we shall see - some of the new show violence is impactful, most was just yay cgi blood!

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

No Thank You Reaction GIF

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

I knew nothing about this and hadn't read the TMDB on it before seeing the trailer. Took 5 seconds for me to think "Oh cool, another Zack Snyder film". See the credits mention Zack Snyder. Dude does not deviate from his style.

• 1Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Has a great "look" to it but man it was so fucking stupid at every turn. How much coal does it take to power a ship for interstellar travel? About 10 shovels full from the looks of it.

Siliconemelons

Skull coal, more powerful

Also guess that will maybe explain why some of the drop ships were black smoke and some not.

But this is my kind of dumb popcorn flick, fantasy or sci-fi and i am in

Goatface

Rebel Moon — Part One: Director’s Cut 3h 24m

Rebel Moon — Part Two: Director’s Cut 2h 53m

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Is blood and tits going to save this piece of shit? No, but it can't hurt.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm just looking forward to a shit ton of the plot holes being filled and the backstory for characters being told. Just so I actually know why the character's make the decisions that they do, or at least understand the source of their idiocy. Though, I still havent watched part 2.

Siliconemelons

I'm just looking forward to a shit ton of the plot holes being filled and the backstory for characters being told. Just so I actually know why the character's make the decisions that they do, or at least understand the source of their idiocy. Though, I still havent watched part 2.

Just watch the DCs i bet, if you have a desire to watch. Part 2 was… better than 1 in lots of thing, like a good bit of pacing was fixed… but you could just tell a ton was cut.

I think the “its a different movie” may actually be true.

Also… i am a big nerd on variant versions of stories that all come from “official” type sources and other related things.

Like Pygmalion / my fair lady- it has its “ending” people got uppitdy and wanted more / different - so someone wrote a variant that made it to plays when the original guy wouldn’t do it…then he did, so its kinda cool to look at all the ways the ending all fit and are based all off of the same source but take different threads.

Versions of the phantom of the opera, etc.

So a directors cut being not just extended scenes or stuff, to me, in my quirk is exciting to see

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

So - I have not even gotten off the crop planet, as I do not have 6 hours in one chunk to watch this.

It starts different, then follows the start of the original cut - language, gore, blood violence and nudity added as the trailer insinuated.

The new start is more back story, gives some motive to a character - so, I haven't gotten far, but if the expansions are all in the lore and backstory - then that will please a good number of people.

Scenes seem to hang long, mostly in the added parts thus far... some of it may have been dramatic effect, some of it just padding into a 3+hr runtime...

I do not have the time to see where each line is expanded, or just on 2nd watch I am paying more attention - but the motives and plot seem better explained in just the starting part.

What will be funny, is, if this is how it continues and the main expansions are "backstory" - then the "Backstory" is going to be longer and more fleshed out than...the "main" story.

Mahes

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I will say that this version, so far, is better. They should have just introduced this as a 1 season story.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider
Who the hell is going to watch this garbage again to see a couple scenes with low rent titties? That brown girl isn't even attractive.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So - I have not even gotten off the crop planet, as I do not have 6 hours in one chunk to watch this.

It starts different, then follows the start of the original cut - language, gore, blood violence and nudity added as the trailer insinuated.

The new start is more back story, gives some motive to a character - so, I haven't gotten far, but if the expansions are all in the lore and backstory - then that will please a good number of people.

Scenes seem to hang long, mostly in the added parts thus far... some of it may have been dramatic effect, some of it just padding into a 3+hr runtime...

I do not have the time to see where each line is expanded, or just on 2nd watch I am paying more attention - but the motives and plot seem better explained in just the starting part.

What will be funny, is, if this is how it continues and the main expansions are "backstory" - then the "Backstory" is going to be longer and more fleshed out than...the "main" story.
At least Im not alone. I've been putting it on for 10-15 minutes as I get in bed. Im not really giving it a fair shot to be honest. But I do agree that this should have been what was released, as the other release was just non-sensical in so many parts. Who are these people? These people are helping? Why? What? Who is that person? Wait, that person died? When did that happen?

Some scenes do get a little drawn out, and I think Snyder is actually expecting the actors to .. ya know.. "act" but this cast aint it. These are B tier actors that sometimes play in A tier movies at best.

Siliconemelons

At least Im not alone. I've been putting it on for 10-15 minutes as I get in bed. Im not really giving it a fair shot to be honest. But I do agree that this should have been what was released, as the other release was just non-sensical in so many parts. Who are these people? These people are helping? Why? What? Who is that person? Wait, that person died? When did that happen?

Some scenes do get a little drawn out, and I think Snyder is actually expecting the actors to .. ya know.. "act" but this cast aint it. These are B tier actors that sometimes play in A tier movies at best.

Honestly the acting in the original cuts didn't bother me - your main girl, like, that is her thing, that is /her/ so -okay the rest were fine, they are all anime scifi fantasy tropes so- okay.

This time however, again I am just at the "start" - the girl, when they are arguing about "what to do" one their leader got K.Oed she is flailing her arms up and down and delivering her lines like a highschool play... but then she does the scene with the robot...and its done well... perhaps that was day 1 and she was getting her character down, and or- they are different people and I just didn't notice (very possible)

This should have been an exclusive network epic mini series over 2-3 months and it would have been great. The OG cuts I feel are some kind of essay about "The Vision" vs "The Boardroom"

If you look back, I was honestly confused on my first viewing about the have sex for the harvest, as her character is so distant, and then they imply she did have sex with the "black thick beard guy" and not the "brown short beard guy" - well this one clears that up lol...

Did they /cut/ dialogue from when she was finishing in the fields at the intro? Because last time, I got more of an indication that she and he (short beard guy) were low key into each other - this time, I didn't get that hint... odd for a cut that only has been adding stuff, to cut...but it 99% is my perception and paying attention.

Again, not through it- or even to the "Go gather the warriors!" part - but it seems, based on conjecture, that this should have been done like Togo - if anyone saw that movie about the sled dog. Because so much of the story was "flash backs" - they didnt just do normal flashback mechanics - and just had 2 stories that eventually meet-- the "flashbacks" had a misty type screen border - and were generally led into- but it was 2 stories that converge into 1... This seems like what this will be... but I think it still will rely on the traditional "okay, its time for a flash back" way of telling it... but whatever.

For a directors cut, they spared no expense on the CGI... that also indicates, this is what was fully produced- THEN cut back to the OG versions- rather than the OG version is what was produced and now we took stuff from the cutting room floor and put it back in.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I watched the first 20ish minutes of the new cut and shut it off. There was nothing that gave me any faith the rest would be worth watching.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I watched the first 20ish minutes of the new cut and shut it off. There was nothing that gave me any faith the rest would be worth watching.
I was wondering about the Director's Cut. I turned off the original version about 20-30 minutes in. I don't remember the story at all, I think it something to do with a 115 lbs girl beating up a man. That would be fine if it was Star Wars and she a force user, but in no other universe is that watchable.

• 1Like