Rebel Moon (2023)

Siliconemelons

Not defending that- but the new opening scene hits home the point that the general troopers are storm troopers, can’t aim, suck and are 5hp noob mobs- and the bad guys rely purely on Zerg numbers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Not defending that- but the new opening scene hits home the point that the general troopers are storm troopers, can’t aim, suck and are 5hp noob mobs- and the bad guys rely purely on Zerg numbers.
So is the director's cut worth my time along with my wife and teenage kids?

Siliconemelons

Do they like sci fi? Full nudity and sex, lots of language and gore blood and slowmo? and 6 hours?

I have now gotten up to the griffin training guy, the bar scene is still contrived, her backstory has an additional scene.

So far all the added stuff has been good and improved the story, if this maintains then there is no reason to watch the original cut, other than for it to be a “censored” version, while elemenating all back story they can to still make sense

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Do they like sci fi? Full nudity and sex, lots of language and gore blood and slowmo? and 6 hours?

I have now gotten up to the griffin training guy, the bar scene is still contrived, her backstory has an additional scene.

So far all the added stuff has been good and improved the story, if this maintains then there is no reason to watch the original cut, other than for it to be a “censored” version, while elemenating all back story they can to still make sense
Thanks! The kids have seen titties on screen with their mom in the room, two other times and it was awkward for everyone. The first time was the original Vacation, the wife and I completely memory holed the early scene with Bev in the shower. Whoopsies on that one. The other one was more recent and I am mind blanking on the movie, it was an 80's movie as well and again it was awkward.

It is a weird dynamic for me, because my wife grew up a tom boy and when we met in college she wasn't like other girls. She played a sport in college and wasn't a prude about jokes or anything. My kids have never seen her that way because as we have aged she has become way more feminine and motherly. Which is great and I love this side of her too, but it is still rooted in the rough and tumble gal I fell in love with. It is also awkward because amongst my kids friends she is definitely the MILF. I have to remind her to tone down her swim wear when the kids friends are around. I think it bugs my kids to have a hot Mom, I dealt with similar things as a kid as my Dad also out kicked his coverage.

I think we will table this one as a family, maybe i watch it one off with the wife or the kids. Thanks for the heads up!

Burns

Thanks! The kids have seen titties on screen with their mom in the room, two other times and it was awkward for everyone. The first time was the original Vacation, the wife and I completely memory holed the early scene with Bev in the shower. Whoopsies on that one. The other one was more recent and I am mind blanking on the movie, it was an 80's movie as well and again it was awkward.

It is a weird dynamic for me, because my wife grew up a tom boy and when we met in college she wasn't like other girls. She played a sport in college and wasn't a prude about jokes or anything. My kids have never seen her that way because as we have aged she has become way more feminine and motherly. Which is great and I love this side of her too, but it is still rooted in the rough and tumble gal I fell in love with. It is also awkward because amongst my kids friends she is definitely the MILF. I have to remind her to tone down her swim wear when the kids friends are around. I think it bugs my kids to have a hot Mom, I dealt with similar things as a kid as my Dad also out kicked his coverage.

I think we will table this one as a family, maybe i watch it one off with the wife or the kids. Thanks for the heads up!
I too forget about what movies have nudity in them, especially if I have seen the cut for TV version numerous times. Best thing to do is look at IMDB, since it has a parental section that breaks down various concerns (under storyline section, last section):
2024-08-06 18.29.20 www.imdb.com 1bce84a26ea1.png

2024-08-06 18.29.05 www.imdb.com 8aa817bb7c21.png

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I too forget about what movies have nudity in them, especially if I have seen the cut for TV version numerous times. Best thing to do is look at IMDB, since it has a parental section that breaks down various concerns (under storyline section, last section):
View attachment 540084
View attachment 540083
When they were younger we used Common Sense Media, but now it is mostly behind a paywall. I think we fell into that same thing of watching the TV edited version of Vacation. I don't really care if my kids see tits, shit I remember looking at Nat Geos at my Grandpa's and seeing tons of African tits, also my Dad had a stack of Playboys in the cupboard next to the toilet. But seeing tits with Mom in the room felt weird for me and I am glad my kids feel the same way.

• 1Like

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider
I kind of admire what he's tried to do here. I mean who wouldn't want an R rated version of the original star wars trilogy with Leia getting bonked left and right.

He just forgot the part about having a cohesive competent enjoyable story to go with the two takes.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I kind of admire what he's tried to do here. I mean who wouldn't want an R rated version of the original star wars trilogy with Leia getting bonked left and right.

He just forgot the part about having a cohesive competent enjoyable story to go with the two takes.
Keg?

spronk

FPS noob
its basically the prequel trilogy with titties, i watched the first 15 mins and didn't hate it. its not good, and if you are pressed for time yeah no shit you shouldn't be watching this garbage, but this seems like a million times better than The Acolyte or House of the Dragon or even the boys. I saw some nice brown titties in like the second scene. i like titties.

i dunno, maybe there is some gay shit later on and i'll rescind my opinion

Siliconemelons

Finished part 1.

Its /like/ a different movie… but its not.

I feel a bit odd, in the realms of director cuts etc. the added scenes are better than the “main” scenes.

There are few /extended/ scenes and a good number of new all together scenes.

Part 2 now seems more interesting as to see how all the /new/ stuff plays out rather than seeing a “better” variation of what the first cut gave.

The back story is the story.

Mahes

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So,

They should have released it this way. It went from a 3 too a 6.5 for me. Not that bad and I would watch the continuation of the story if they choose too.

• 1Solidarity

Brikker

Trump's Staff

Post a pic of your wife in a bikini and I'll let you know how awkward it will be for your kids to watch it with you

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Caliane

The thing is Zack figured something out here. Just like your video games with patches to fix bugs, and other problems, he can just patch movies and re-release them. Next he'll release DLC for Rebel moon, and with it patch 2.1.567 of rebel moon fixing more plot holes and errors.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Well I doubt that these will ever be expanded upon. Netflix also just cancelled the other Army of the Dead spin off stuff.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Didnt watch this originally because of how bad word of mouth was. Started the directors cut last night and it's not bad, about 1.5 hrs in.

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Figured I would wait until directors cut went live and skip the originals.

It took two sittings to get through part 1. Made it through part 2 in one sitting.

Visually really nice. Love the music. Typical Zack. It's this mishmash of Seven Samurai/Magnificent Seven and probably half a dozen other stories.

Acting is pretty subpar. They get a cast b-listers but give Hunnam a decent size role and Anthony fucking Hopkins as the voice of the robot.

Part two definitely flows better and doesn't feel as slow as part one.

And Cary Elwes as the King?

Doubt I will ever rewatch it, but don't regret the 6 hours or so. And whoever said it should have been a six hour minii series was dead on.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I had to get up at 5 this morning, so I was an old man going to bed early last night. I watched most of part one and was specifically looking for the loose ends that we all complained about in the first one. The little mix asian/white boy that was against the troops left there actually shows back up as a love interest to the little girl. Which makes sense, since it was eluded to in the beginning and also why he saved her. The Ship's engine, it was just made out to look like a regular engine in the cut version. But a sense of wonderment was given when I learned that the face is an actual species of some sort and that theyre force feeding it biodegradable matter, .. why? Because its a fucking living thing. Makes way more sense in this regard, and also gives the viewer more of an opinion that the motherworld soldiers give zero fucks about abusing people.

Ive still got 15-20 minutes to go on the last part, but the 15-25 minutes prior to that doesnt seem to be much different than the original except for the small clips of the boy traveling with the village people, etc. I never watched part 2 of the original, but Im more inclined to chip away at it now. Hopefully Ill be more interested in watching that in its entirety instead of piece mealing it together like I am with part one.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Finally finished part 2 - was much better.

For once, the original cut was trash and the directors cut is what should have been.

Mini series, would have been best. I say, we need the continuation.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Not spoiler tagging this... warning...lol...- but here are some things they added that made the entire thing feel more complete.

Also just a funny part- the "sit down and tell your backstory" NONE of them had expansion or additional scenes lol, just some added gore/blood

Anywho...

The ship hyper jump drive engines, the Kahli? This is shown in the princess old story (implied that she was the one that subjugated them / brought them to peace, then the empire enslaved them to power their ships) - this also makes the "Why did the king go to the engine room to christen the ship?" - he says where is the Kahli? Why are the furnaces not lit? It fleshes this out some more. The "vision" of the Kahli at the end to our girl-boss is nice, gives her a continued "Mission" along with "find the princess" - and gives a methodology for how a small group could destroy / disrupt a big vast empire.

More of James/Jimmy is always good, expansion on that was always good and interesting.

They explained how they knew that their guys they left on veldt were in fact dead and only the asian kid was left and he was a traitor to the realm, also a little beefed up on why they made different defenses / offensive plans - wasn't huge, but worked.

Added ending scenes in the Kings Gaze was good with the gun room - made more sense also that the blue sword guy and crew knew where she was (still kinda wtf that is wasn't the big bad guy there...but random miniboss lol)

Griffin guy and the silver hair lady, eh, sure, whatever, boobs lulz... gave /some/ connection for him.

Asian lady and the kid, better expansion of the connection - still contrived that she lost so badly in that fight, but whatever.

"NOT THE PRINCESS" and the asian kid - this was the biggest NEW story from part 1's prologue, this really sets up a /they/ are the real story type plot advancement.

Kid singing at the end... good, fine, nice world building...but, who is she? I figured it was NOT THE PRINCESS but no it was some...random? is she some IRL singer?

• 1Like