Firefly
Ray Donovan
The Wire
Curb Your Enthusiasm
True Detective (S1 only, S2 is garbage)
Kitchen Nightmares UK

spronk

FPS noob
I'd go Spartacus, Silicon Valley, and then The Expanse - little bit of humor in the middle, by the time you get to The Expanse season 2 should have finished airing (on ep 3 of 12 right now).

Farscape/DS9/B5 are great but the first seasons of all 3 shows are very uneven, in writing and acting. Just fast forward any episode that seems stupid, you won't really miss anything.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Had really shitty cold windy rainy weather this weekend, stuck in the house. I really tried to find something new to binge. Couldn't come up with anything. Fired up Breaking Bad for a re-watch. Can't go wrong there.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The watch/skip guide for Farscape boils down to skipping half or so of season 1, and watching everything after that. Same with DS9, but with more skipping in season 2.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
DS9 is great and I loved it. It's a rehash of Babylon 5 though.

spronk

FPS noob
Had really shitty cold windy rainy weather this weekend, stuck in the house. I really tried to find something new to binge. Couldn't come up with anything. Fired up Breaking Bad for a re-watch. Can't go wrong there.

if you have Netflix I can't recommend Stranger Things enough, I thought it was the best new TV show of last year

The Expanse (season 2 currently airing) is also near orgasmic sci fi TV

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I binge watched Stranger Things all in one sitting when it came out. Really cool original show and kid actors with talent. I also recommend.

I will have to take a look at The Expanse.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I would of never tried it, but my wife turned on Bates Motel, after some co worker told her about it, and man that show is fucking fantastic. Good acting, cringe worthy mommy/son moments, suspense, some horror shit, mental illness, drugs, sex, all set in a creepy Washington state coast town with tons of secrets, man its got it all.

Two thumbs up!

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Adding one more for people into football:

Ballers (HBO)

I binged the entire first season in one day last year, and I just binged the entire second season in one day recently. It's a great mix of comedy and drama, and The Rock is fantastic in it. His smile wins me over every time.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Comedies

Rick and Morty
Psych
Silicon Valley
Veep
Curb your enthusiasm
Arrested Development
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmitt

Drama
Fargo - season 1 and 2 is the best writing ive seen the last 3 years only because the writing was more consistent than TD S1. Surprised this wasnt mentioned already

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ok so, watched all of Dark Matter. All caught up on The Expanse.

Next up... Spartacus? I tried the first episode and it didn't grab me. But enough people mentioned it that I guess I have to give it another shot.

spronk

FPS noob

Next up... Spartacus? I tried the first episode and it didn't grab me. But enough people mentioned it that I guess I have to give it another shot.

first 3 episodes are a bit uneven but it gets better, first episode is really bad honestly

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
first 3 episodes are a bit uneven but it gets better, first episode is really bad honestly

I went back and watched it. I had only made it through the first 20 minutes of episode one. First 20 minutes was bad, and maybe I was just in a shitty mood. But I've now seen the rest of epiode 1 as well as episodes 2 and 3 and I'm into it now. Got much better after that start.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
It's been a while, but I remember Spartacus ramping up from episodes 2 to 4, and then at episode 5 it just explodes into WTFBBQ!!1! awesome and never slows down.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>

It's been a long time since I watched it, but I believe Spartacus is a show you need to give 2 hours to. The pilot is trash, but by the time you get to the end of the second episode you should be hooked in.