Red Dead Redemption 2

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The auto aim here is nothing like GTA 4, 5, or RDR1. The lock on mechanism was far superior to the older games.

With that said I’ve finally hit the addicted stage. Finding those gold bars was awesome. You’ll love it. Get those gold bars and buy those divorce papers.
Seems almost identical to GTA V to me. I press L2, flick the stick up, shoot, release L2 and press it again for the next target, rinse and repeat. I do feel like deadeye is less OP than it was in RDR1, though to be honest I barely remember what RDR gameplay was like. I thought it was a lot easier to, say, take out 6 individual dudes with headshots though. In RDR2 it's pretty hard not to waste more than 1 bullet per target while trying to tag them all.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Yeah, HDR in this looks like how it does in the Windows 10 desktop environment. Everything gets this weird hazy washed out look. The Windows issue is that it's applying HDR settings to non-HDR content. No idea why it's happening in RDR2

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not sure how different it is on xbone, but have you tried setting it up like I did? I leave the calibration on default (100) and do all the adjustment in my TV settings. I think the biggest problem with their implementation is that increasing that setting makes the entire scene uniformly brighter and more washed out, and they're telling people with OLEDs to jack it all the way up to 300. I turn up the HDR brightness on the TV and it just makes the bright areas brighter/more vibrant while leaving dark areas dark.

It's totally different from my setup for GoW, Spider-Man, Tomb Raider, etc. but it still looks alright in the end. Nowhere near as good as GoW did, but still much better than with HDR off entirely.

FYI for other people like Tarrant Tarrant who have a TCL 6-series, there's advanced calibration settings for the TV that can only be accessed via the phone/tablet app. The color stuff you probably don't watch to touch unless you actually do a professional hardware calibration, but the gamma setting is pretty useful all the time and really should have been in the TV menus.

Needless

Toe Sucker
oh no, somebody tricked me and stole my horse Yung Oaty... now i'm heart broken and stranded ;( we just hit max bonding too
fucking controls not letting me blast the dude immediately

;(

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Vorph Vorph ptoblem is I took a long time calibrating my disjplay. Since it works fantastic for everything else, I have a hard time saying to myself I should adjust more settings on my display when rockstar should patch it.

What display do you have and what settings on your tv are you using?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Not sure how different it is on xbone, but have you tried setting it up like I did? I leave the calibration on default (100) and do all the adjustment in my TV settings. I think the biggest problem with their implementation is that increasing that setting makes the entire scene uniformly brighter and more washed out, and they're telling people with OLEDs to jack it all the way up to 300. I turn up the HDR brightness on the TV and it just makes the bright areas brighter/more vibrant while leaving dark areas dark.

It's totally different from my setup for GoW, Spider-Man, Tomb Raider, etc. but it still looks alright in the end. Nowhere near as good as GoW did, but still much better than with HDR off entirely.

FYI for other people like Tarrant Tarrant who have a TCL 6-series, there's advanced calibration settings for the TV that can only be accessed via the phone/tablet app. The color stuff you probably don't watch to touch unless you actually do a professional hardware calibration, but the gamma setting is pretty useful all the time and really should have been in the TV menus.

I’m not sure I wanna mess with anything, everything looks wonderful to me.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Yeah color saturation is also better with sdr. I’m going to leave it like this for now. It’s so much better. It’s like it’s reversed for me. SDR looks like HDR.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I wonder if the HDR thing is intentional. I've always felt HDR looks nicer but it's not necessarily reality, you know? Real life didn't usually have that saturation. So, maybe they wanted it muted to some extent. I don't know, it's definitely odd behavior.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
There was very little talk about RDR2's HDR before release, so it's entirely possible they just didn't put much effort into it.

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
is there no way to see the house robberies you were told about? i swear i had like 2 prisoners i saved tell me about houses to rob but i dont see them on my map or in my pamphlets etc?

ohhh wait it looks like theyre in camp?

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
is there no way to see the house robberies you were told about? i swear i had like 2 prisoners i saved tell me about houses to rob but i dont see them on my map or in my pamphlets etc?

ohhh wait it looks like theyre in camp?

There are entries in the log. I think it's hold left on the d-pad for ps4

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I really only noticed a much better contrast in blacks and whites, and specifically better detail in low lit areas. Saturation levels mean colors are brighter/crisper as well. Nothing foggy/blurry or negative aspects at all, really.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I just jacked up the HDR calibration all the way and it looks better. It's certainly not perfect, but it actually looks like HDR now instead of some sort of graphics filter on top of everything

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>

Screenshot_20181029-192240_Chrome.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users