Red Dead Redemption 2

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's broken and all washed out for most people. Everyone is saying turn it off and play with normal SDR and it looks better (Ala Janx)
Still looks much better to me with HDR on, but at the default calibration (that's what is really broken imo) setting. If you need to make adjustments, do it in your TV's menu.

I also tried forcing 1080p like some people on gamefags and reddit suggested to get around the blurriness of R*'s checkerboard alternative, but 1080p looks much, much worse. I think it's the way overdone TAA that just looks horrible when you upscale it.

-------------------------------
Regarding bounties, there are ways to avoid them. If someone starts shit with you in town, you have to let them hit Arthur first. Don't do anything with guns inside the borders of a town. If you hurt/kill someone with your horse due to the controls sucking, you're screwed, so it's best to hitch it to the first shop you come to and go on foot from there. Out in the wild, witnesses do spawn but they usually haven't actually seen you yet so you can just leave the area quickly and avoid a bounty. It will say "investigating" or something like that instead of saying they're running off to report you. I've only gotten an actual bounty on my head twice, and one of those was unavoidable (the first mission in Strawberry).

You can also commit major crimes by wearing a completely different set of clothes, different horse, and a mask. I haven't really bothered messing with it myself as I'm trying to raise honor and the game is a bit silly in that you can do basically whatever you want during story missions and still end up gaining honor but if you go on a crime spree in the open world you'll take massive hits (for pathetic returns in terms of cash) to your honor. I end up spending pretty much all my time hunting for *** animals to craft stuff in between missions, since actually being an outlaw is a waste of time.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
rsz_red_dead_redemption_2.png

Good boy

Also Valderen Valderen and spronk spronk since I know you guys like Trophies, can I dick around like this petting dogs etc or is stuff like the honor trophy missions time sensitive and will disappear forever?

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

can I dick around like this petting dogs etc or is stuff like the honor trophy missions time sensitive and will disappear forever?
Stuff disappears based on chapter progression. Just make sure you're honor rank +4 by chapter 6 and do the mission when it becomes available.

If you want to know what else is missable due to chapter progression, minor spoilers ahead:
9tnehwze2vu11.jpg

b4wljst1tuu11.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Yeah, the official app just loads that webpage in your phone/tablet browser when you click on the shop in it, so it should work fine anywhere as long as you're logged into your RSSC account.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Stuff disappears based on chapter progression. Just make sure you're honor rank +4 by chapter 6 and do the mission when it becomes available.

If you want to know what else is missable due to chapter progression, minor spoilers ahead:
9tnehwze2vu11.jpg

b4wljst1tuu11.jpg

Damn thanks

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>

9tnehwze2vu11.jpg

b4wljst1tuu11.jpg

This is a cool list, for an easy in game way of knowing. In camp, Yellow quest are story mission that are always available. White ones are the time sensitive ones. So if you see a white mission/activity do those first.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
He pulled his gun on a dog and instantly got shot at?

Seems obvious to anyone playing.

Or any dog owner I guess.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, I was a dick and killed a dog and put its body on horse and was all confused when my mission kept failing at different times. People don't take kindly to dog murder.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
So, controls suck and the bounty system blows. My current remedy is to wear my mask fucking everywhere. Bump into a guy? Bounty. Save a farmer from 7 bandits, then turn around when he starts bawling about how great you are (oddly enough still having the gun in my hand from just shooting the attackers)..... "what are you doing?!" *starts shooting me*....

Its an awesome sandbox, but it neeeds a *lot* of polish.

And yeah, fasttravel please.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
If you want to rob a place, put on a completely new outfit and a bandanna or mask.

After the robbing don't wear the same outfit to that place again.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
what are all of your aiming control specs? holy shit Rockstar.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I gave up trying to actually aim and just rely on the aim assist now. I tap the aim button to lock onto someone and just fire. If he moves out of the aiming, I just release the button and press it again to snap back on. Still trying to learn how to aim headshots decently for hunting though.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Autofire, fire both guns as fast as possible, release left trigger between targets. Worked so far :)

LOL holy shit I just Robocopped 8 assholes with your method +1

what a fucking joke this aiming is. I went from being Upham from Saving Private Ryan to Robocop.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I didn't realize putting down a dog was a crime worthy of being shot at in 1899. I thought The Wire covered the whole thing really well for today's standards.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user