Red Dead Redemption 2

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I didn't realize putting down a dog was a crime worthy of being shot at in 1899. I thought The Wire covered the whole thing really well for today's standards.

Historically Germans have had issues with this concept in general.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Looking at someone funny is a crime worthy of getting shot in 1899....

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh look, another cheap shot. Still pissed at misunderstanding my comment yesterday? And I didn't even press it to rub it in...

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Technique with aim assist is to get the lock then a tiny flick up and you can get a lot of human headshots.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
man it kills me how you just crack open a can of cream corn, chug it and toss it on the ground regardless of where you are

times were wild

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

Yeah you'll waste tons of ammo trying to kill people with body shots, it's just like gta v lock on. Shooting most animals is easy as long as you use the right weapon type. Fuck rattlesnakes though. Small game arrows are a bitch to make (feathers you have to hunt for AND a shotgun shell.... Really?) and you have to hit it in the head while it's in tall grass, and usually moving. Even dead eye doesn't help much.

Brad2770

Oh look, another cheap shot. Still pissed at misunderstanding my comment yesterday? And I didn't even press it to rub it in...

655EFA93-88A9-4C9B-A249-296B949D16D3.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
i have a feeling when multiplayer drops the p2w is going to be like nothing we've seen before

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Do you mean that in a good or bad way?

depends on how you feel about p2w, but I have a feeling people are right about this bounty thing and other aspects of the systems they've got in place so far and it's going to be completely ridiculous, hopefully I'm wrong

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah you'll waste tons of ammo trying to kill people with body shots, it's just like gta v lock on. Shooting most animals is easy as long as you use the right weapon type. Fuck rattlesnakes though. Small game arrows are a bitch to make (feathers you have to hunt for AND a shotgun shell.... Really?) and you have to hit it in the head while it's in tall grass, and usually moving. Even dead eye doesn't help much.

You don't have to hit it in the head. You just have to hit it (and have it be a three star animal to start). Same goes for any small or moderate animal (assuming you're using small game arrows and varmint rifle respectively).

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm curious about the multiplayer. The strength of the game right now for me is in the production values(graphics, music, voice work, writing etc.) and not in the gameplay itself.

So my interest in the multiplayer has lessened a lot, since the gameplay isn't that exciting I'm not seeing myself playing it for long.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Looking at someone funny is a crime worthy of getting shot in 1899....

Who you calling funny you yellow bellied varmint! Them's fighting words!! /gloveslap

• 1Worf

Vorph

You don't have to hit it in the head. You just have to hit it (and have it be a three star animal to start). Same goes for any small or moderate animal (assuming you're using small game arrows and varmint rifle respectively).
I have turned at least half a dozen 3* rattlesnakes into 1* skins using small game arrows. You can see that rattlesnakes have crit spots if you aim at one with dead eye on and that's where you have to hit it to not ruin the kill. The one 3* skin I do have was from a dead eye kill so that's what I'm doing all the time on snakes now.

Do you mean that in a good or bad way?
GTA Online was already designed like the worst mobile gaming has to offer, so I expect RDR2 online to dial that up to 11. Shit, if Take 2 and R* could figure out a way to stick a gatcha in it, I have zero doubt that they'd do it.

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
since I know you guys like Trophies, can I dick around like this petting dogs etc or is stuff like the honor trophy missions time sensitive and will disappear forever?

whenever you finish a chapter go immediately into Progress / Story and make sure there isn't anything listed as not done, while you can replay anything to gold star them all if you skip a mission you can't go back to it. As long as you space your saves out so you can go back an hour or two if absolutely necessary it really shouldn't be a problem.

I dunno how some of you play for hours though, after 1-2 hours I feel really tired and gotta go do something else. As people have said, the game systems so far feel a bit oppressive in how things can go sideways super fast.

also to play poker go to the reverend marker south of the starting camp to start it up

I don't think RDR Online is gonna be that p2w, its just gonna be super expensive for all the good shit (own your saloon, nice shit, etc) so people will just wanna buy that for $$ instead of farm. What would be interesting is if they have ways to make currency only you can buy and not farm, which means exploits and stuff wouldn't be helpful.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
LOL holy shit I just Robocopped 8 assholes with your method +1

what a fucking joke this aiming is. I went from being Upham from Saving Private Ryan to Robocop.

It's odd to me how so many people here evidently never played a GTA or the original RDR...

Anyway, this game pushed me into buying my very first Xbox ever. I've been dragging my feet on buying a UHD Blu-Ray player for a while, and I managed to score a new One X w/ NBA 2K '19 and RDR2 for around $415 shipped. That was too hard to pass up. Hopefully the bundle also includes divorce papers.

• 1Worf

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It's odd to me how so many people here evidently never played a GTA or the original RDR...

Anyway, this game pushed me into buying my very first Xbox ever. I've been dragging my feet on buying a UHD Blu-Ray player for a while, and I managed to score a new One X w/ NBA 2K '19 and RDR2 for around $415 shipped. That was too hard to pass up. Hopefully the bundle also includes divorce papers.

The auto aim here is nothing like GTA 4, 5, or RDR1. The lock on mechanism was far superior to the older games.

With that said I’ve finally hit the addicted stage. Finding those gold bars was awesome. You’ll love it. Get those gold bars and buy those divorce papers.

Needless

Toe Sucker
If you set a waypoint and turn the camera to cinematic mode while on horse, your horse will auto-pilot to the waypoint.

god thank you for this hahaha this is so much better, i can at least focus on other shit while running to my waypoint.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
So I disabled hdr10 on my Xbox X and started the game. HDR is definitely fucking broken. Game looks better and WAY less washed out in SDR. They need to patch it. Pronto.

Unfortunately you can not disable hdr in game. You have to uncheck hdr10 in the Xbox setting itself.

I’m going to check to see what happens if I enable Ycc 4:2:2 which should technically give a poorer color display.