Remnant 2

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Patch info:

Upped the trait cap by 5, and still subject to change maybe higher, but the orb of undoing is now reusable, so infinite respecs. Sounds like lots of economy changes as well with overall costs. That's pretty awesome.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wow, 5 whole points... pathetic. At least you get something for picking up a trait book, and most of the other economy changes are a pretty good start. Lack of anything that increases archetype xp, while also having some undocumented changes that shut down the methods people were using before (according to reddit, anyway) is rather disappointing.

Fuck that Nightfall nerf though. That's enough to get me to put my Series X offline to avoid the patch, finish up the last couple things I wanted to do, and then send the game back so GameFly will ship me Atlas Fallen next week.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Not surprising that they nerfed what are probably the two best weapons. Nightfall and Enigma is the loadout I've got equipped right now as it happens... It's a good opportunity to look at some other sidearm options in particular, the OPness of Enigma meant I haven't bothered trying others recently.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I basically used enigma the whole game except for elites and bosses. Just made any swarm fight completely trivial

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
With the amount of boss fights with multiple adds (aka pretty much all of them?), enigma will still be necessary. This will just make them more difficult. Is there another aoe weapon that could substitute?

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I have been using the Cube sidearm ever since I got it and never even really considered anything else. I am a sucker for infinite ammo plus the energon-cube shield has amazing offense and defense utility.

Gun wise I've been using the 150 round magazine into Medic gun the whole game. Never really felt a compelling reason to switch.

• 1Solidarity

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I have been using the Cube sidearm ever since I got it and never even really considered anything else. I am a sucker for infinite ammo plus the energon-cube shield has amazing offense and defense utility.

Gun wise I've been using the 150 round magazine into Medic gun the whole game. Never really felt a compelling reason to switch.
Man, that's the two main weapons I use. I want medic for my first class, and I'm about to level Challenger. The cube gun is constantly used, especially for close quarters. I learned pretty quick though you can't use it against flying enemies in an open space, but it seems to do the job in the right conditions.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
How do you handle swarms? Can the cube gun keep up?
Sort of, it packs a punch but you can't shoot and big open areas because if you miss you're waiting too long for the bullets to return. It's great and close quarter hallways and smaller dungeons.

My friends and I did the chimney dungeon maybe a week or two ago, and I took point to break crystals and kind of clear a path as we descended down. Never had to worry about picking up ammo and everything was close enough where my gun was constantly refreshed. It really is pretty good once you get used to using it.

Sorry talk to text

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Beat this yesterday and I'm sitting here laughing at how upset Vorph seems to be over this title. Play through the campaign 2-3 times with whatever classes you want and that should be good enough. Not every game needs infinite replayability. You don't need 100 trait points or whatever. Don't take it so seriously.

Steam says I put in 30 hours. I think I cleared out everything in my first campaign roll on Veteran. Rerolled on Nightmare and cleared my first region, still fun.

Game was great. 8.5/10. Story had potential on paper but ultimately the narrative is ignored too much and the ending fell completely flat. Still fun and more worthwhile than Outriders ever was.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Not upset, just ultimately disappointed. What could easily have been a 9/10 game was dragged down to about a 7 by some poor design decisions, a whole slew of extremely lackluster/not fun to use weapons/weapon mods, and a story that does indeed fall flat at the end. I wrapped up my playthrough and had everything ready to unlock Archon, but since BG3 is out and Atlas Fallen is coming very soon I just can't be bothered to level Explorer to 10 for the final hurdle.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Not upset, just ultimately disappointed. What could easily have been a 9/10 game was dragged down to about a 7 by some poor design decisions, a whole slew of extremely lackluster/not fun to use weapons/weapon mods, and a story that does indeed fall flat at the end. I wrapped up my playthrough and had everything ready to unlock Archon, but since BG3 is out and Atlas Fallen is coming very soon I just can't be bothered to level Explorer to 10 for the final hurdle.

Had never heard of Atlas Fallen, looked it up. Looks like God of War meets some kind of open worldy system? Looks interesting.

Vorph

Had never heard of Atlas Fallen, looked it up. Looks like God of War meets some kind of open worldy system? Looks interesting.
Just go in expecting copious amounts of Eurojank if you try it. It's by the same company that made Lords of the Fallen (2014), and the two Surge games. Each one of their games since LotF has been a vast improvement over the previous, so I'm cautiously optimistic about Atlas Fallen. Plus previews of it by ACG and others have been pretty positive, comparing it to games like Darksiders and Nier.

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
I don't know for sure why, but I really loved Surge 2. Chopping pieces of enemies off to gain their weapons and armor was great, and I dug the boss fights as well. Pretty good level design. I haven't played any of their other games but am looking forward to trying Atlas Fallen as well as Lords of the Fallen if they're at all similar.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Enjoyed LOTF and both Surge's. Feel like they got shit on for not being From quality, but nothing is

• 1Like

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
Unplugged ethernet and turned off wifi on the ol ps5 before they could patch it, just began my first apocalypse run using a tank/regen build. Certain elites can still 2 shot me which is nuts. This is build I'm using:
Will see how far it gets me

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Playing this with the homies cause it's perfect boomer nonsense.

The first boss in the robot world is perhaps the worst boss I've ever fought in a video game. This is not boding well.