Remnant 2

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Putting a trait cap into the game was a terrible change to begin with, but setting it to the insanely low value of 60 goes way past full retard even. The doofus dev who thought it was a good idea is defending it like his first born child on reddit too, to make things even worse.

• 2Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Putting a trait cap into the game was a terrible change to begin with, but setting it to the insanely low value of 60 goes way past full retard even. The doofus dev who thought it was a good idea is defending it like his first born child on reddit too, to make things even worse.
Don't you get the trait from the archetypes too once you max level them in conjunction with the 60 free pts?

Thought that was the case if if you don't have the class slotted, but I could be mistaken.

Vorph

Don't you get the trait from the archetypes too once you max level them in conjunction with the 60 free pts?

Thought that was the case if if you don't have the class slotted, but I could be mistaken.
Once you max them you can put points into their traits while playing other archetypes.

Essentially you have 60 points to spend, 5 points that are automatically spent based on your primary archetype, plus 20 points spent on the traits that come with the two archetypes you are using (assuming you've gotten them to rank 9). There's almost no flexibility in what you spend the 60 points on since certain traits are just so vastly more useful than the rest.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Two days of play so far has seen no crashes or any real performance issues on my 3070 + 5600x. 1440 with balanced DLSS and high presets.

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yep if there was trait cap it needs to be 100 minimum. Really dumb change.

Blueweed

Some dungeons seems to have multiple tilesets with different loot. I need a ring from putrid domain, so far been to two and it's not the one I need but have different loots in it.

Vorph

Yep if there was trait cap it needs to be 100 minimum. Really dumb change.
At least someone fixed it with a mod for PC. Unfortunately for me, I switched over to playing on Series X so I guess I just continue to tell the dev who came up with the idea that he's a fucking retard.

Some dungeons seems to have multiple tilesets with different loot. I need a ring from putrid domain, so far been to two and it's not the one I need but have different loots in it.
That's like.... the core concept of the game's world design.

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Keep checking the vendor Reggie while playing R2, he can rarely sell a ring that ignores encumbrance.

• 1Like

Vorph

Keep checking the vendor Reggie while playing R2, he can rarely sell a ring that ignores encumbrance.
It's probably not rare, but rather some sort of trigger. Like he sells the Black Cat Ring after you die 8 or so times. Hopefully it's not as crazy as the requirement to unlock the ring in Remnant 1 DLC. Someone on reddit claims he sells it after you beat the game and watch the post-credits scene (so don't skip the credits, because it skips that scene too if you do). No idea if it's true as I just started over on Series X and have to redo everything.

What's it called? Does it completely ignore it? If so that's awesome.
Bright Steel Ring. If it works the same as in the first game it's not as good as it sounds. It'd be ok for getting fast roll with green encumbrance, but don't go thinking you can equip Leto armor and be a god because being massively overweight still imposes a big increase to stamina costs of everything, including the roll itself.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Seems to be rare according to Reddit, some people are saying new players who haven't finished the main story or killed more than a couple bosses have gotten it. Its Reddit though.

Edit: There are people who are actually upset that R2 "requires" DLSS to run well. People are very odd.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Seems to be rare according to Reddit, some people are saying new players who haven't finished the main story or killed more than a couple bosses have gotten it. Its Reddit though.

Edit: There are people who are actually upset that R2 "requires" DLSS to run well. People are very odd.
Feel like with UE5 we're hitting another "Crysis" moment where the engine is ahead of the curve. I tried frame generation with DLSS Quality and was getting 80/100 fps at 4k with everything on ultra. Felt really good and didn't see any artifacts or feel any input latency.

• 1Like

Blueweed

I finally got my invader class by shamelessly pugging courrpted harbor and forcing an event at the expense of others.... So sorry

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I actually got to level 10 on my medic before I managed to unlock any of the non-basic engrams. Medic/Summoner is a pretty nice combo since you can quickly heal back the health you spend to summon the critters.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone else digging the story? My first world (casual andy) is Yaesha and the writing and voice acting is surprising me. The writing for dialogue and lore is especially refreshing what passes for stories in games today. Helps that I just played the first and get all the references.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Anyone else digging the story? My first world (casual andy) is Yaesha and the writing and voice acting is surprising me. The writing for dialogue and lore is especially refreshing what passes for stories in games today. Helps that I just played the first and get all the references.
Yeah it's what I enjoyed about the first one. The whole dreamer project and other worlds was just an interesting idea. It's nice the second game is just expanding on it.

Wait until you get to the alien world in the second one. It's pretty cool, and probably my favorite so far, but haven't done the blood borne zone yet, so we'll see. Probably finish the campaign this weekend with my little group.