Remnant 2

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ha! Yeah, we got to the last boss on veteran. That's some fucking retarded shit. Dunno how long this'll take to beat.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Ha! Yeah, we got to the last boss on veteran. That's some fucking retarded shit. Dunno how long this'll take to beat.
Its awesome when you go to revive someone but the stage keeps flipping back and forth.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ah yes, you need Explorer and Invader. No thanks.
I liked the abilities of Archon...but fuck doing all that
???

Other than actually playing/beating the game, the only thing time-consuming at all in getting Archon is leveling Explorer to 10. Everything else you can just get normally. Maybe you need to redo Yaesha in adv. mode if you didn't get the Corruptor boss the first time, or messed up the quest while doing it... that's about it. I guess Losomn too for Nightweaver but that should be a top priority anyway since Nightfall's probably the best gun in the game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I think it was a knee jerk reaction to the litany of things needed. Yeah you can get them all by doing all the things, but once you have done all that why bother even playing an Archon?

That being said, I have to wonder if the max trait points guy ever spoke to the 'imma put in a bajillion traits' person? There are lots of traits that I go 'yeah I could maybe see doing that...but sorry I gotta put these points elsewhere'.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The guy addressed that, although I don't think he actually made a statement about why that was the decision.

The example was the "climb ladders and shit faster" trait. No one will ever, ever put a point into it. So why even include it? It's a trait that works if you can max every single one as a very tiny power bump, but it's never something that'd ever go into a legitimate build.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

Yeah you can get them all by doing all the things, but once you have done all that why bother even playing an Archon?
Almost all of it is stuff you get from beating the game, buy from a vendor, or walk right past while playing through the story. The only things you have to go out of your way to get are Invader (which is simple, but also requires having done Nightweaver), Ford's Scattergun, and Void Heart. Leveling Explorer to 10 is probably 90-95% of the time requirement needed to get Archon unlocked, not including the story itself. And even that can be cheesed with the xp exploit if you have a couple people to do coop with.

• 1Like

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There are a few more builds I want to play but new builds just seem more delicious than ever. However my challenger is already maxed out and my ocd just funnels me to level other classes which takes forever...

• 1Like

Vorph

They need to never fix this glitch. Or else "fix" it by making the Orb of Undoing work just like Liquid Escape. 2500 scrap and 10 crystals every time you want to swap classes is almost as idiotic as the trait cap itself. Because of the way the game refunds the points that get auto-spent by the archetypes you have equipped, you either reset or play the new combination gimped.

So much is broken with the "economy" of this game. And I don't just mean how insanely stingy it is with scrap, unless you abuse the severed hand exploit (which will make you want to cut your own hand off after doing the clickfest required to remove rings over and over and over). Ranking up archetypes takes far too long as well, plus there's the trait system which was already discussed. It's almost like everything that retard dev on reddit was responsible for is straight up terrible design.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finally got around to beating the game just in time for BG3. Got the final boss down on my second try. Went Challenger8/Hunter10 with the MK1 some crit rings, fire rings and fire amulet with the hotshot my mk just crits for over 1-1.5k constantly its just insane. Glad I went hunter that shit feels OP. After doing crit/exploit build with crossbow first game I had a good idea this was gonna be OP. I'm sure it falls off at higher difficulty and you probably need consistant DPS like full auto status builds but still shit feels strong.

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Almost all of it is stuff you get from beating the game, buy from a vendor, or walk right past while playing through the story. The only things you have to go out of your way to get are Invader (which is simple, but also requires having done Nightweaver), Ford's Scattergun, and Void Heart. Leveling Explorer to 10 is probably 90-95% of the time requirement needed to get Archon unlocked, not including the story itself. And even that can be cheesed with the xp exploit if you have a couple people to do coop with.

In the process of levelling Explorer I am playing through enough Adventures that I am managing to see / do all the various other permutations of the worlds. I guess I could have just stood in one spot and levelled it up that way, but that seems dull as hell. Anyway BG3 is out now so I doubt I'll come back unless its to play co-op with a buddy.

Vorph

In the process of levelling Explorer I am playing through enough Adventures that I am managing to see / do all the various other permutations of the worlds. I guess I could have just stood in one spot and levelled it up that way, but that seems dull as hell. Anyway BG3 is out now so I doubt I'll come back unless its to play co-op with a buddy.
The game is definitely way too stingy with archetype xp. Killing mobs seems to be hit with a massive penalty and doesn't seem to matter whether or not the area level is 'appropriate' for your gear, you get like 5xp for most kills. Including elites in some cases. For some reason the penalty doesn't apply to stuff spawned in events, so people either exploit the feast event in coop or they go to the chimney and farm the endless spawns in the final area. Anything else, like just playing the game normally, is excruciatingly slow as the only significant xp gains are from completing quests and killing bosses.

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
I want that melee sword that shoots beams like the Holy Moonlight Sword but it appears it's a reward for beating the game on apocalypse...anyone had any luck with that? Got it down on veteran so I suppose it's possible but I'm assuming any damage=death on apocalypse so you basically need to no hit the last boss.