Rings of Power: Tolkien's Shambling Skinsuit

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Honestly, they should just mute the entire fucking cast of actors from saying anything. Most of the shit I heard about this show wasnt directly from the show, but from some interview with its trash set of actors. That would at least have let more people watch the show and form their own opinions. I didnt finish the season, and I guess I should? But it wasnt really based around hate, just disinterest. I legit forgot about the show for a while.

Watch the scene with an elf fighting an orc first. That's the only 4 minutes I've watched and it was fucking horrible

Shit makes the original Mortal Kombat movie look like it had a higher budget. Just horrible choreography.

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
Honestly, they should just mute the entire fucking cast of actors from saying anything. Most of the shit I heard about this show wasnt directly from the show, but from some interview with its trash set of actors. That would at least have let more people watch the show and form their own opinions.

This is almost always painful. As a kid I remember my parents occasionally running in to tell me that an actor from [insert movie I liked] was on Good Morning America or whatever show, and while I appreciated their good and wholesome intentions, my internal response even way back then was usually...yeah, and? Who gives the slightest fuck about some actor's opinion?

It's worse these days as everyone feels that they absolutely must wring a bunch of modern political sensibilities out of a show / film that in truth has dick-all to do with any contemporary reality. Good, bad, or ugly, Rings of Power is pretty basic high-fantasy in a Tolkien skin. Yeah there's some inane surface-level diversity casting (see my show doesn't actually suck, you're just a racist!), but there's really nothing there beyond that.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
So the wife and I watched this show over the last week. I went in with FanFic expectations and that actually allowed me to enjoy it. Yes, there are some changes made up characters and some history changed, but overall the story wasn't woke. The casting was woke, but at least the Hobbits were gypsies and not living in the Shire. I liked the whole Gandalf angle, assuming that was him. More good than bad, but yeah it was fanfic. I also thoroughly enjoyed Shadow of War and that was made up fanfic.

If you go into the show with the right mindset you can enjoy it like me.

• 2Pathetic
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
right mindset = this is not Tolkien and it doesn't represent any of his ideas and believes, it's a heavily bastardized fanfiction
Saying "some" is a monumental understatement.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

Even Twitter has finally had enough with this show.

If you watch this and derive any enjoyment from this show - you're saying, "Yeah, I don't give a single shit about our myths and I hate Tolkien also." You might as well just dig up Tolkien and stab him over and over again.

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>

If you watch this and derive any enjoyment from this show - you're saying, "Yeah, I don't give a single shit about our myths and I hate Tolkien also." You might as well just dig up Tolkien and stab him over and over again.

How did you read my mind?

Did you play Shadow of War?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

did they announce a character was going to be gay or something? heard someone say it could be celebrimbor

Burns

I saw a sign that this started up again last night:

2024-08-29 06.58.15 1337x.to 13e367d7407c.png

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
First 3 episodes are getting good reviews. Read it still has its issues but a lot better than s1. Maybe Ill give it a shot this weekend.

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Admin Admin Rename this bitch to Rings of Power of 1, 2, and many, or whatever shit that comes to your mind?
It has almost nothing to do with LOTR and Tolkien.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user