SimCity

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you want to hear the latest of what's going and connect up with us join us in IRC:http://rizon.net/chat

March 11: We're currently on RR6 but that might be full. I started a region RR_Arcology_1 that's intended to generate 4 arcologies for the great works.

March 8: Because the game is a bit broken we're scattered on a bunch of different regions. When this resolves (My expectation is no sooner than Monday) we'll organize on a new region together.

March 7: Intropy Guide for Crying Noobs is on Page 15 (40 posts per page), or post #562

Pro-Tip Spreadsheet:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...any=true#gid=0

March 4:
When you get in the game add Faillees (Faille) and jimmyw404 (Tuco) to your origin buddy list and ask us for an invite to the map. It might get full or whatever in which case I'll update the OP or we'll make another one.

Dom_sl

shitlord
Any word on how many cities you can have in a region? I'd pick the game up if we could get some sort of giant Rerolled region going.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
So they added the player-triggered disasters after all. Also really like the building add-ons. There seems to be a decent amount and being able to hand-place them looks neat.

How does multiplayer handle fast-forwarding? Is that out or can each player independently change their own city's game speed?

Araxen

I can easily see making a slum region and dumping all the pollution heavy stuff into that one region. I like the region stuff a lot but it might ruin the single player experience if you can just make a slum region and not be forced to deal with those problems that pollution and other negative effects.

Day 1 purchase for me regardless. I can't get enough god games in my life.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
However, all the fancy new GlassBox tech that has gone into SimCity has imposed a handful of limitations on the game, chief among them being the size of the cities.

At 2 kilometers by 2 kilometers, the individual city spaces in SimCity are about the size of a medium map in SimCity 4
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1728095...ity_sizes.html

That's not so good.

Any word on how many cities you can have in a region? I'd pick the game up if we could get some sort of giant Rerolled region going.
SimCity to Feature 16 Cities Per Region in Regional Play
http://gamingbolt.com/simcity-to-fea...lKd9iBBfX0E.99

Malt_sl

shitlord
Heh, WB James.

The more I see of this game, the less interested I become.

Would Anno 2070 scratch the Sim City itch I have?

Daidraco

Anno 2070 is fun for a couple hours. Past that, and it really starts to wear on you. At least, it did me.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Only 16 cities in a region? That's too small for our community. Time to form cliques!

Bacon_sl

shitlord
Daidraco_sl said:
Anno 2070 is fun for a couple hours. Past that, and it really starts to wear on you. At least, it did me.
My thoughts exactly. I played more Anno 1404 to be honest. This SimCity looks good, but I may hold off. My copy of CitiesXL has many of these features already, the addons to buildings does look cool though. I'm not happy with EA's Origin or how swtor was handled, so this will be a delayed purchase if at all.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
My city will focus on electricity, too much electricity, so, I don't know, you might want to wear a hat.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
My city will focus on drug dealers, prostitution, and indian gaming. My exports will be crime and crack.

Reiker

Golden Knight of the Realm
They really need to nix the DRM bullshit that requires you to be online to play a single player game if I'm going to buy this, although I really want to check it out despite some of the silly limitations it's apparently going to have.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
They really need to nix the DRM bullshit that requires you to be online to play a single player game if I'm going to buy this, although I really want to check it out despite some of the silly limitations it's apparently going to have.
Same here, was interested but that really killed it for me.

wantonsoup_sl

shitlord
I really do not see this being an issue for myself. Haven't really been out of service besides a power outage, but this type of game has no need for the always online crap. It's this or some other 3rd party DRM shit, lose lose for us paying customers.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I'm going to build a small town. Everyone works at the big mill, everyone knows eachother. The local highschool hockey team just made it to the playoffs! Life was good in small town Adebicity.

Until meth from Big PHX starting flooding in...