SimCity

fris

Vyemm Raider
i bought the game and still want to pirate it once single player comes out. i don't know how they hyped this game before launch, i had no intenion of every playing a sim game again for 15 years but bought this. never buying an EA product again.

Nosf_sl

shitlord
I would totally love to see what servers they're running for cloud computing. I'm not sure if we have EA as a customer or not, and if not they're probably running serious junk
I was under the impression that people had proved that there was no real cloud back end and that the game was working entirely locally outside of authentication etc.

Silence_sl

shitlord
I was under the impression that people had proved that there was no real cloud back end and that the game was working entirely locally outside of authentication etc.
There was a big reveal on another website that said the entire operation was being run with a 486SX and a USR Sportster 14.4 modem.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Not sure all of the synchronization stuff was ever able to be duplicated offline.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
Single player is coming.SimCity getting offline single player mode in next update | Joystiqand for the continuous record fuck these guys.
I fucking love it. I love it. Remember how offline mode was just impossible due to all the server-side calcs? If anyone ever buys another EA product again, they're absolutely fucking clueless. I mean that literally and not an insult - they're an idiot.

Fucking lying pieces of shit, like a goddamned cancer on this industry for over 2 decades now. Please god go out of business. please.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
yeah this doesn't give me any desire to play. I'd rather have them fix all the online and region interactions first. It would be fun to actually have a functioning region with rerolled bros like we tried to do when the game first came out.

oh and fix traffic.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Offline mode only works in 320x200 so your PC can handle all work formerly done in the cloud.

RE: Cities XL - I'd heard it was pretty but ultimately not as good as SC4?
Yeah, it really depends what you're after. SC4's gameplay is getting pretty dated, but on the other hand I find that the depth of the gameplay is a lot deeper than CitiesXL. On the other hand, the city building tools in XL are a lot better, with curved roads and the like, a better regional trading system, and some new stuff like megaprojects. IMO neither is really all that good by today's standards. I haven't played SimCity, and never will, so I can't really compare. The incredibly fucking tiny size of the cities and how fucking retarded traffic is leave me with zero interest.

Mountain Man_sl

shitlord
Someone needs to just make SC4 with better roads (curved, more options for lanes, more highways, etc.) to where you can zone based on the curve of the road. That's really the only thing missing from SC4. Modders have made curved roads for it but you still can't zone neatly next to them. Everything is still square next to the curves.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I fucking love it. I love it. Remember how offline mode was just impossible due to all the server-side calcs? If anyone ever buys another EA product again, they're absolutely fucking clueless. I mean that literally and not an insult - they're an idiot.

Fucking lying pieces of shit, like a goddamned cancer on this industry for over 2 decades now. Please god go out of business. please.
I'd love to see an interview with EA where the writer calls them out on this just so we can see what kind of mental gymnastics they have to go through to explain how they are able to magically dissolve the cloud and move all those horribly complex calculations to our machines without causing them to meltdown.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.

I feel you, I also feel like we should be able to do something beyond just not buy their games.

AlsoBlog Articleprepare to rage, says they spent 6+ months rewriting the code to make it work offline...

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'd love to see an interview with EA where the writer calls them out on this just so we can see what kind of mental gymnastics they have to go through to explain how they are able to magically dissolve the cloud and move all those horribly complex calculations to our machines without causing them to meltdown.
"We're excited to provide EA fans with content the way they want it."

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
You'd think that EA would learn a lesson from all this.

But they won't. They really won't.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
yeah this doesn't give me any desire to play. I'd rather have them fix all the online and region interactions first. It would be fun to actually have a functioning region with rerolled bros like we tried to do when the game first came out.

oh and fix traffic.
When a city reaches a certain size it will die because calculations still do not work especially traffic. The game is still trash. Do not be fooled.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The funny thing is I got an email from Amazon telling me about the single player change before I got an email from Origin about it.