Smartphones

Siliconemelons

BlackBerry: KEYone

3505 battery - dang...yuge

Using older but reliable and light on battery CPU and paired with 3gb ram.

Android 7.1

Same cam as the Pixle or whatever.

The BlackBerry KeyOne resurrects the keyboard with style

DSCF4980.0.jpg

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Enjoying the unlimited data wars. ATT announces reworked plans, and then TMobile one-ups them hours later.

Keep it up, whoever gets the next round of Google phones probably gets my business.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I already jumped on Tmobile from Sprint. From 160 down to 100 for 2 lines - Tmobiles 100 includes taxes while sprint doesn't. And while I switched they had specials on free upgrades from S6 to S7 and 150$ rebate per line switched.

Oh, and every line that uses under 2 gigs data for that month gets a 10$ credit to your line, and we don't really stream anything with our phones.

Destiny's Paw

Golden Squire
For what the collectors are making on our data, they should be giving us our phones.
Oh wait... The guberment has done that for us.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I already jumped on Tmobile from Sprint. From 160 down to 100 for 2 lines - Tmobiles 100 includes taxes while sprint doesn't. And while I switched they had specials on free upgrades from S6 to S7 and 150$ rebate per line switched.

Oh, and every line that uses under 2 gigs data for that month gets a 10$ credit to your line, and we don't really stream anything with our phones.

The good thing with T-Mobile is just about every streaming service including Netflix doesn't count towards data used. It's really fucking hard to use data on T-Mobile.
Binge On Streaming Video List

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
@Flipmode Google Hangouts. It's been around for years.
For some reason I've always been skeptical of these messaging apps that combine it all into one. So Facebook Messenger.. and then the other messaging apps like LINE, Kik, or WhatsApp.

Does Google Hangouts have a web interface, that syncs with your phone?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
yes, hangouts.google.com (it's also integrated into gmail and inbox if you use either), chat is synced to wherever you are at.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

yes, hangouts.google.com (it's also integrated into gmail and inbox if you use either), chat is synced to wherever you are at.
I've used the chat a couple times with people, but figured it was just like old school AIM chat, and not actually syncing anywhere.

And so with Hangouts, it'll sync with your contacts, and send the message out on Hangouts, SMS, etc, so the person gets it everywhere basically?

Crone

@Flipmode Google Hangouts. It's been around for years.
And I knew it wasn't that easy for iPhone.

You can setup a Google Voice number to text people, but then it won't be from your carrier number. Using Hangouts to text only works if you are on Android.

@Flipmode meStevo meStevo

Get started with Hangouts - Computer - Hangouts Help

So yes, bottom line, there is nothing out there that works with an iPhone that gives you a web interface to text from.

Edit: Further research is they need to just release the iMessage app for PC instead of just on Mac. It's dumb that they don't. The technology is obviously there because you can send iMessage and regular SMS from an iPad. I think you have to be on the same network, but otherwise it's good to go.

Last edited:

Gator

Molten Core Raider
These new promos are great. I just dropped Fi and switched to T-Mobile. 2 unlimited lines for $100. Plus, if you bring your own phone that's $150 per line.

The good thing with T-Mobile is just about every streaming service including Netflix doesn't count towards data used. It's really fucking hard to use data on T-Mobile.
Binge On Streaming Video List
The new promo doesn't include Binge if I'm not mistaken. The new promo is T-Mobile One which is unlimited talk text data. I think they might throttle your speeds at 28g (3% of users) if the network is busy and give priority to other users. Also I think that's per line. Still can't beat that for 2 lines $100 tax included. In addition you get free hotspot with 10g data and HD streaming per line.
When they 1 up'd at&t I believe they added a third line is free.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
So still seriously considering switching back to iPhone, but one thing I'd seriously miss is being able to text from my computer via MightyText. Shit's bad ass. If you don't know what it is , it syncs your texts from your phone to a secure web browser, and can text via the website. Get notifications, send pictures, etc. Basically like working your messaging app from your computer.

Nothing at all equivalent on the iPhone. :(
Can do this with Google Hangouts too. There is a desktop and chrome app iirc.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Just FYI the 6P issue may not be the same and factory resets did not fix it.

I hope it works for you though.

My 6p battery is bugging the hell out of me - I spoke to my carrier network and they said I could take it into a store to be sent away for repair, but I don't have a spare handset to use in the meantime.

It will always power off when it hits 15%, sometimes it can power off higher, being outside in cold weather can make it power off even higher eg at 30-40%.

Just terrible

Mr. K

Molten Core Raider
My 6p battery is bugging the hell out of me - I spoke to my carrier network and they said I could take it into a store to be sent away for repair, but I don't have a spare handset to use in the meantime.

It will always power off when it hits 15%, sometimes it can power off higher, being outside in cold weather can make it power off even higher eg at 30-40%.

Just terrible

Call Google and tell them the issue. I'm assuming your phone has shut down at a shitty time like mine did. So tell them the story. They sent me a replacement refurbished phone which has been great.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Call Google and tell them the issue. I'm assuming your phone has shut down at a shitty time like mine did. So tell them the story. They sent me a replacement refurbished phone which has been great.

Did you buy yours through the Google store?