Smartphones

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The Aukey people messaged me basically offering a refund if I dropped my bad review (3 stars) on Amazon. Lol what scumbags.
Because on Amazon everyone knows its just a review war. Your 3 star could cost them thousands in business, because it brings their average down. It's worth it to them to at least try and get you to remove it. I probably would if that meant I got it for free.

Google is discontinuing the Pixel phone. Might be a good choice.
You mean because the Pixel 2 is coming? It's already been said by Google that they are continuing with the Pixel line of phones.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Destiny's Paw

Golden Squire
motog5plus-specs-expanded-d-us.jpg
Where will I be able to get the new Moto G5 Plus on release day?

Last edited:

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Just ordered a 4th gen Moto G from amazon for kid use. If anyone has an iPhone 6 or SE or even a 5s that they outgrow, think of me. I'd like to get her on an iPhone but can't justify the cost of new. I've had not great luck in the past with random dudes on the internet so I'd rather deal with someone from a forum like this.

I went with the non-amazon packed edition. I think $180 is reasonable for a brand new thing. An upgrade over the Moto G 2013 that I got off ebay for $40 that's for sure.

Destiny's Paw

Golden Squire
Just ordered a 4th gen Moto G from amazon for kid use.

I went with the non-amazon packed edition. I think $180 is reasonable for a brand new thing.
What kind of memory and was it a "Plus, Play or plain G4" series? Sounds like a great deal.

Nija

<Silver Donator>

Destiny's Paw

Golden Squire
Has anyone heard any bad stuff about the TPO Mobile phone plans?

$59.99 ~ Unlimited Text, Talk & Data
After 50 GB data at 4G LTE, it slows to 2G. If you sign up for auto pay= additional $5 off making it $54.99/month
In addendum, 10% of that bill will go to a charity choice you pick.

How do i check their credibility? Sounds to good to be true..

Siliconemelons

Just ordered a 4th gen Moto G from amazon for kid use. If anyone has an iPhone 6 or SE or even a 5s that they outgrow, think of me. I'd like to get her on an iPhone but can't justify the cost of new. I've had not great luck in the past with random dudes on the internet so I'd rather deal with someone from a forum like this.

I went with the non-amazon packed edition. I think $180 is reasonable for a brand new thing. An upgrade over the Moto G 2013 that I got off ebay for $40 that's for sure.

I have a 6 64gb Verizon good ESN clean- perfect phone that was my wifes. I had a trade in deal with verzion but something got screwy and I never did it... I am being lazy and not wanting to deal with their customer service to get it straightened out.

you wanting it for a phone or for kids just to use to play games and netflix? I have a 4 (ill have to check the carrier) , 5 (Verizon- needs new battery that I have just never put in) a 5S (Sprint) and the 6 (verizon)

earthfell

Golden Knight of the Realm
Google is discontinuing the Pixel phone. Might be a good choice.

Where have you heard this? Everything I am seeing says they are releasing a new Pixel phone this year.

I'm planning on buying a Pixel as soon as they are back in stock.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I have a 6 64gb Verizon good ESN clean- perfect phone that was my wifes. I had a trade in deal with verzion but something got screwy and I never did it... I am being lazy and not wanting to deal with their customer service to get it straightened out.

you wanting it for a phone or for kids just to use to play games and netflix? I have a 4 (ill have to check the carrier) , 5 (Verizon- needs new battery that I have just never put in) a 5S (Sprint) and the 6 (verizon)
Most of the iPhones can be used across multiple carriers.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Anyone have some kind of hotspot setup in their car? I'm sure some use their phone, but I'm not always the one driving it.

It's a consideration for when I return to a regular carrier from Fi later this year, either get a dongle/odb/thing and probably have an Android-based Joying car radio in my truck by then.

Planning to use it as a hotspot for the kid's tablets, our phones, for internet radio in lieu of SiriusXM, etc.

Anyone doing anything like that?

Timing probably be around when the next Google Phones or the Surface phone is released.

Destiny's Paw

Golden Squire
Last edited:

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Has anyone heard any bad stuff about the TPO Mobile phone plans?

$59.99 ~ Unlimited Text, Talk & Data
After 50 GB data at 4G LTE, it slows to 2G. If you sign up for auto pay= additional $5 off making it $54.99/month
In addendum, 10% of that bill will go to a charity choice you pick.

How do i check their credibility? Sounds to good to be true..

T-Mobil will do even better if you go buy a sim card from Target or Walmart. They have a 30$/mo 100 minutes/unlimited text/5gb data plan but it isn't advertised. Can totally still enroll it on it their website though.

Keep in mind their throttle to "2g" speeds basically turns your data off if you go over; it's so slow it actually is unusable. GPS won't function, can't load any websites in browser, etc. Can get emails is about it, but anything more than text will never load.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
At least Google did roll out an update to the google voice app, which is nice since it has a desktop app but I wish they wouldn't fracture the messaging apps in android. I don't need multiple apps, I just need one app that does it all.

Destiny's Paw

Golden Squire
T-Mobil will do even better if you go buy a sim card from Target or Walmart. They have a 30$/mo 100 minutes/unlimited text/5gb data plan but it isn't advertised. Can totally still enroll it on it their website though.

Keep in mind their throttle to "2g" speeds basically turns your data off if you go over; it's so slow it actually is unusable. GPS won't function, can't load any websites in browser, etc. Can get emails is about it, but anything more than text will never load.
Don't have T-Mobile in my area. Thanks for the info anyway. Everyone is going blitz on data plans now.