Smartphones

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hmmm Samsung offers financing? Credit Karma does tell me that I have too low of open credit accounts out there. Lol

I typically keep my phones 12-18 months, so going with Verizon's trade in value, and then taking advantage of Best Buy's extra $150 seems the best thing to do.

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
I traded in an old iPhone 5 I had laying around. Got $425 right off the top and used Samsung Financing to split the rest into payments. I’ll have it payed off in like 3 months though. But 0% for 24 months and $425 off the top (not lame bill credits). That’s the best deal. I qualified because I bought a note 7 in the past so my email was registered with Samsung.

Yeah I'm seeing 300 off for a note5 going your route, I didn't own a note7, can I use your email or does thst not work lol, Think I'm SOL here

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
I was able to whip up something and submit it, if it works I'll post the doctored pdf here, basically seeing if I can false verify and get the 425$ off.

Wish me luck!

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
1 Photoshop later and approved.

Screenshot_20170828-185506.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Hmmm Samsung offers financing? Credit Karma does tell me that I have too low of open credit accounts out LoL.

If Samsung is like the Verizon or the other carriers it's not a hard credit check that goes against your score.

Someone just did it via Samsung on here, did you see if you took a credit hit?

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Confirmation my "submission" went through, now debating on if doing the 24 month and buying it out eventually or just snagging it now at $535

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What is this.
Looks like he didn't have an email address tied to his Note 7, so he had to submit proof of purchase, and they approved it. Now he can qualify for up to $425 off a Note 8 purchase.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I know chrome has a data saver option that runs everything through google and compresses pages before they get sent to you. I believe Opera has a similar function Firefox probably does as well, but I know nothing about them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Destiny's Paw

Golden Squire
I know chrome has a data saver option that runs everything through google and compresses pages before they get sent to you. I believe Opera has a similar function Firefox probably does as well, but I know nothing about them.
I ended up switching my search to Bing Search and flipping between Chrome and Firefox browser.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Cutlery Cutlery and anyone else with a Nexus 6p.

I just requested my second warranty replacement for the random shutdown battery issue and Google is replacing it with a brand new Pixel XL. I heard about this happening on XDA forums so I talked with the Google rep and after 3 questions I was approved. Definitely worth the time to try it out. If you had a 64GB 6p then they'll give you a 128GB XL.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Cutlery Cutlery and anyone else with a Nexus 6p.

I just requested my second warranty replacement for the random shutdown battery issue and Google is replacing it with a brand new Pixel XL. I heard about this happening on XDA forums so I talked with the Google rep and after 3 questions I was approved. Definitely worth the time to try it out. If you had a 64GB 6p then they'll give you a 128GB XL.

I had a 5x, but between my wife and I, we needed 3 replacements in 4 months.

Moved on until Google gets their fucking shit together. I am also not interested in the slightest in paying $800 for a phone.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I had a 5x, but between my wife and I, we needed 3 replacements in 4 months.

Moved on until Google gets their fucking shit together. I am also not interested in the slightest in paying $800 for a phone.

They are giving me the XL for free. So I stop making warranty claims.