Smartphones

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
They are giving me the XL for free. So I stop making warranty claims.

Oh, I get that, but I have a 5x, not a 6p. And my wife has a 5x, and my buddy with a 5x, we have all had ours replaced (mine twice) with another 5x. And I've moved on from Fi anyway to shittier service, but hey, at least my phone doesn't bootloop on me every time I go to the amusement park or the zoo.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Upgrading my Nexus 5 to something else as the battery is puttering out. Thinking of getting the 5 inch Pixel because similar size and the Nexus 5 was great. Any recommendations around here?

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Upgrading my Nexus 5 to something else as the battery is puttering out. Thinking of getting the 5 inch Pixel because similar size and the Nexus 5 was great. Any recommendations around here?

The next iteration of Pixel phones are supposed to be announced at the start of next month which is only a few weeks away.

Google Pixel 2 and Pixel XL 2 will ship with these two awesome new features, leak claims

You might want to consider waiting for them if you are thinking of upgrading to the newest tech or wait for the price drop on the old Pixel when the new ones are released.

My 6P has it's battery crapping out for the last few months (phone switching itself off at 15% battery life), really annoying and I think I will upgrade when the new Pixels are released.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The next iteration of Pixel phones are supposed to be announced at the start of next month which is only a few weeks away.

Google Pixel 2 and Pixel XL 2 will ship with these two awesome new features, leak claims

You might want to consider waiting for them if you are thinking of upgrading to the newest tech or wait for the price drop on the old Pixel when the new ones are released.

My 6P has it's battery crapping out for the last few months (phone switching itself off at 15% battery life), really annoying and I think I will upgrade when the new Pixels are released.

I am not paying $800+ for a phone so the previous generation is fine with me. I'll wait until the release and price drop though.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

If you bought it from Google they will replace

Malkav

French Madman
If you bought it from Google they will replace

Yup, they replaced mine for the same thing in July.

Damn, kinda wish I had the problem again if they are now replacing with Pixel XLs.

I'll see what they announce about the new Pixel, but I also find the new LG v30 tempting.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I am not paying $800+ for a phone so the previous generation is fine with me. I'll wait until the release and price drop though.

One plus 5 is good in the specs dept and half the cost. 8gb of RAM and almost stock Android.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Yup, they replaced mine for the same thing in July.

Damn, kinda wish I had the problem again if they are now replacing with Pixel XLs.

I'll see what they announce about the new Pixel, but I also find the new LG v30 tempting.

I mean, do you really think they are going to verify a random shutdown issue if they've already given you a warranty replacement on a model known to have that defect?

I say contact support and say that you are starting to see random shutdowns at low battery % again. 99.99% that they'll ask you if you have tried to factory restore the phone and if you say you've gone through support steps they'll just replace it with a Pixel XL.

Malkav

French Madman
Well, at least it looks like Apple is catching up to high end phone standards from 2017, no bezels, dual cameras and so on.

How has iOS been laterly? Haven't looked into it for a while.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm seriously thinking of switching to Iphone. I'm sick of androids shitty permission system.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, at least it looks like Apple is catching up to high end phone standards from 2017, no bezels, dual cameras and so on.

How has iOS been laterly? Haven't looked into it for a while.

This is just it, Apple are proudly showing off features in this new iPhone that my Samsung Galaxy has had for ages.

OLED Display = 2011 on the Galaxy S2
Wireless Charging = 2013 on the Note, 2014 on the Galaxy S5
Facial Unlocking = 2013 in Android 4.0
No Physical Home Button = 2017 Galaxy S8

So yea, congrats Apple. Great job adding features your competitors have had out for 4-6 years / generations of phones now!

Why the fuck do people get so brainwashed with this company?

• 1Like

Louis

Trakanon Raider
This is just it, Apple are proudly showing off features in this new iPhone that my Samsung Galaxy has had for ages.

So yea, congrats Apple. Great job adding features your competitors have had out for 4-6 years / generations of phones now!

I was thinking the same thing. Comparing it to the Note 8, the only thing I see it having the advantage on is the processor (how much better idk, because I don't keep up with phone processors) and a better camcorder.

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
The issue has always been apple was lacking in hardware, but their UI / UX was better. Now that apple is playing on the same field hardware wise it should edge out samsungs turd of android.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>

So every item that is available in 4 or 5 different phones combined into one.

Options that are key selling points of all of those phones also.

So a phone maker combined all the reasons you should buy a phone into one and the people buying it are sheep and brainwashed for buying it ... yet you have bought the same phone just from a different manufacturer ....

• 1Like