Smartphones

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Google Image search not working for anyone else on Android? My right click image search just errors out .

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The s8 plus is slower than the iPhone 7 plus. Not sure who told you apple was slower, and I'm a Samsung guy lol

Single tasking S8+ destroys iPhone 7+ in almost everything I've compared the two on. Perhaps you're testing apps that are better optimized for iOS - I know one of my work apps works more efficiently on iOS phones even a fucking 5 than my S8+ - but that's not because of the iPhone hardware, it's because the software design done on a shoestring budget for Android. (Seriously, out of the entire department that works on apps for us around 20% even know Android at all)

ShakyJake

<Donor>
God damn you guys are some salty bitches, I use OSX all day every day for work and it is great. I don't miss anything from windows aside from the proprietary apps that only run on windows.
My mother has an iPad. Every time I use it and open up Safari there are a trillion tabs open. Is there any way to have it automatically close opened tabs when Safari is closed?

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
My mother has an iPad. Every time I use it and open up Safari there are a trillion tabs open. Is there any way to have it automatically close opened tabs when Safari is closed?

That's iOS not OSX. But other than opening the tab screen and closing them all I don't know of any way to automatically close all tabs.

Crone

Did Apple ever allow you to change the default app that opens for different links. Main one being able to have addresses open in Google maps instead of Apple maps.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So $1000 for phone, then you have to spend $150 on wall charger and cord (lol?), oh and if you want iheadphones, there is another $150. So for $1300 you can too get the newest and greatest ever iphone.

Crone

Seriously no deals at all on iPhone 8/+? Wow! Maybe there will be closer to the release date? Thought for sure I'd see trade in deals.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Seriously no deals at all on iPhone 8/+? Wow! Maybe there will be closer to the release date? Thought for sure I'd see trade in deals.

Another benefit of Android is the "infighting" between manufacturers leads to more competitive pricing. I'm picking up my Note8 today and even though MSRP is over 900, after instant 150 off from Bestbuy, and 335 trade-in on my S6 I'll get the phone for 500'ish. Can't be beat for the latest and greatest.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>

You need some perspective on that. There are 1.5 million android activations per day so 21 million is a pretty small percentage. No one I know has ever had malware on an android phone and I don't think it's ever come up on this board either. That leads me to conclude that if you're not a complete idiot, you won't have a problem with malware.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Another benefit of Android is the "infighting" between manufacturers leads to more competitive pricing. I'm picking up my Note8 today and even though MSRP is over 900, after instant 150 off from Bestbuy, and 335 trade-in on my S6 I'll get the phone for 500'ish. Can't be beat for the latest and greatest.
Yea! I have a S7 Edge so would have gotten $480 or something for my trade in. But I don't own my phone, so not worth it right now.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
So $1000 for phone, then you have to spend $150 on wall charger and cord (lol?), oh and if you want iheadphones, there is another $150. So for $1300 you can too get the newest and greatest ever iphone.

You realize iphones come with a charger and headphones w/ dongle to plug into the lightning port right?

If you want the wireless charger or wireless headphones I'm sure thats extra. Why do you guys try to be all dishonest and stupid and act like the phone doesn't come with things?

• 2Like

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Tmobile has $300 in credits for an iphone 6 or newer when buying the X or 8.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
You realize iphones come with a charger and headphones w/ dongle to plug into the lightning port right?

If you want the wireless charger or wireless headphones I'm sure thats extra. Why do you guys try to be all dishonest and stupid and act like the phone doesn't come with things?
It is ridiculous.

Android is a good platform and has good phones.
iOS is a good platform and has good phones.

FULL STOP

Buy what you want but there are pros and cons on both sides and people that buy either aren't just sheep.

Don't be the stereotypical hipster neckbeard faggot that says Nutscrape or Micro$oft ....

• 2Solidarity

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
You also don't need to buy the Apple branded (LOL$$$$$) wireless chargers. It's using the QI standard for charging. Just buy a third party charger. I just bought a pair of below, as they re more vertical and compact then my old Spigen ones.

https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Cha...&qid=1505495196&sr=8-3&keywords=otium+charger

Or this which is the same thing, but even cheaper.

TechMatte 2-Coil Qi Quick Wireless Charging Stand for Samsung Galaxy Devices $12.95 + Free Shipping w/ Prime or $25+ 09-06-2017

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I have the latest MacbookPro for work.

Pros:
Gorgeous display
Charges through the USB-C monitor output. No need for power adapter
Trackpad works like a dream
(bonus) Magic mouse is amazing. Best for my Photoshop works

Cons:
DonglebookPro is no joke. I've had to invest in four different fucking dongles: Firewire, USB, HDMI, Lightning.
Buggy as fuck when you connect it to the official 4k monitors
(bonus) Magic mouse has the worst charging port location I've ever seen. On the bottom of the fucking mouse.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Cons:
DonglebookPro is no joke. I've had to invest in four different fucking dongles: Firewire, USB, HDMI, Lightning.

No shit on this one. I got two of the caldigit usb-c docks and keep one in my work bag and one hooked up to all the shit on my desk.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user