Smartphones

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Trackpad works like a dream
I'd like to gush about this some more

I've yet to use a Windows-based laptop that even comes close to the quality of the trackpad on the MacbookPro.

Makes my past MSI and Asus lappy trackpads feel like cheap shit.

They're also huge and force sensitive. You feel a tiny click when you press it.

Macbook-Pro-Review-Touch-Bar-2016-.jpg

I could care less about their new digital touchbar at the top tho. I'd rather have hard buttons.

Smartphone thread!

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have the latest MacbookPro for work.

Pros:
Gorgeous display
Charges through the USB-C monitor output. No need for power adapter
Trackpad works like a dream
(bonus) Magic mouse is amazing. Best for my Photoshop works

Cons:
DonglebookPro is no joke. I've had to invest in four different fucking dongles: Firewire, USB, HDMI, Lightning.
Buggy as fuck when you connect it to the official 4k monitors
(bonus) Magic mouse has the worst charging port location I've ever seen. On the bottom of the fucking mouse.

Your cons are why I hate Apple. I absolutely cannot stand when some pretentious presenter comes in to my school with their fancy tax payer funded mac and look at me angrily because they are too stupid to bring the things needed to get their device to actually work with high quality projectors and whatnot that use industry standard ports, and are pissed that a Windows department doesn't have any. It's like a contractor showing up without a hammer.

As far as phones I love iOS but their blue tooth not being able to consistently separate call audio from alerts and all other media is a deal breaker for me, which sucks because I think the new iPhones look pretty killer.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Note 8 is going to be my next bae. I can get it for $500 right now, but I think I'll wait a few more months when it's under $250 from my wireless provider.

And when I actually stop and think about it, my Pixel XL still works perfectly. There's nothing it can't run. WHY DO I KEEP WANTING NEW PHONES!>!?!?!?!

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Because that edge to edge screen is cool as shit. I thought I was over the smartphone fad but after I got my S8 I was giggling like a little boy everytime I looked at it.

My previous phone was a One Plus X.

Last edited:

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Got my note yesterday to replace my S6, me likey.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'd like to gush about this some more

I've yet to use a Windows-based laptop that even comes close to the quality of the trackpad on the MacbookPro.

Makes my past MSI and Asus lappy trackpads feel like cheap shit.

They're also huge and force sensitive. You feel a tiny click when you press it.

Macbook-Pro-Review-Touch-Bar-2016-.jpg

I could care less about their new digital touchbar at the top tho. I'd rather have hard buttons.

Smartphone thread!
My work MacBook I had is the best laptop I've ever touched, hands down. People can shit on Apple all they want but those laptops are incredible

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I was at a tutorial a few weeks ago and the 70% or so of people there had windows laptops and could not do shit because they could not set up their environments. Us Mac people had zero issues. Die windows, die.

As to cell phones, my huawei honor is better than the new iPhone because it does the same things and cost me 300 bucks when I got it.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Note 8 is going to be my next bae. I can get it for $500 right now, but I think I'll wait a few more months when it's under $250 from my wireless provider.

And when I actually stop and think about it, my Pixel XL still works perfectly. There's nothing it can't run. WHY DO I KEEP WANTING NEW PHONES!>!?!?!?!
My S7 Edge is less than a year old and does everything I want it to do just fine. But I'm the same way and want a new phone every year.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
We got 2 S8+'s and a 40 inch samsung tv for $790, then I spent another $110 for the new Gear VR and 360 camera, still less than the new iPhone.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My S7 Edge is less than a year old and does everything I want it to do just fine. But I'm the same way and want a new phone every year.

I was simply amazed by my S7 Edge but I've got no regrets from my early swap to a S8+ a while back.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
This Note 8 is pretty legit. I missed the s-pen. The screen is the best I’ve ever seen on a phone. And for $505, it’s a steal. Plus all the preorder freebies. Now to see if I can break myself off iMessage. So far, using textra with gboard is a pretty good combo.

I’ve been off the Android scene a long time. What are some must have apps?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I hate this new trend of phones not having headphone jacks, I don't want to have to worry about if my shit is charged just so I can listen to music.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Took Verizon were I live longer to activate my note8 then it did too transfer everything from my note3, sexy phone

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
I hate this new trend of phones not having headphone jacks, I don't want to have to worry about if my shit is charged just so I can listen to music.

Samsung seems to be standing pretty hard and fast on keeping a headphone jack. Ironically, with others moving away from it, they may stick with it as a way to differentiate themselves.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Samsung seems to be standing pretty hard and fast on keeping a headphone jack. Ironically, with others moving away from it, they may stick with it as a way to differentiate themselves.

That's good, now I wish they'd offer a 200 dollar variant like google does. I refuse to pay more than that for a phone.