Smartphones

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Republic Wireless is getting the Moto X in November. $300 for the phone, then their plans start at $5 month for wifi only calling. Unlimited everything with 3G is $30/month. $40/month with LTE. No contracts.
Sounds interesting to me. Any idea on what codec they're using for wifi calling? Where I live now, vzw's signal barely penetrates my house, so I have to resort to wifi calling anyway.

Oh, and how do you get LTE on Republic Wireless? I thought they were a Sprint MVNO, and Sprint hadn't rolled out LTE yet? I know regular Sprint customer can roam onto Verizon, didn't think MVNO customers would be able to.

I take that back, apparently Sprint has rolled out LTE to some areas. Still, wouldn't think an MVNO would get access to that.

baerf_sl

shitlord
Umm it was optional, yes it is your fault.

How about you list exactly what you don't like about it?

Your entire post is dripping with how much you hate Apple and how the only reason you have one is because it was free and you are too much of a bitch to buy your own shit even when you hate your phone so much .....

Maybe smartphones aren't for you, pick up an old school Razer.
How long will the update remain optional for? I mean will there be a point when you need to upgrade to iOS7 in order to be able to use the newer apps or updated apps? Or does Apple ensure that all iOS versions are supported or at least the last couple of releases. Honest question, as I've never owned an Apple device for more than a few months.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Idk maybe some diligence would have served you some good. This is actually your fault.

The new camera app is also epic
http://www.macworld.com/article/2048...nd-photos.html
Lol did you really just say that? Lol get fucked

EDIT: a_skeleton_03 what is with the hate bro? I am bitch because I use something I got free? I have a very nice desktop and a great phone not mention a couple of nice tv's so I really have no need for this iPad I just use it once in awhile. And since I care so little about this iPad is why I was not more "diligent" in researching the new iOS. I just don't care for apple products if and when I ever care enough to power use a tablet I will buy a one with a full version of Win8.

Also, why the fuck is fault getting thrown around? WTF is with this board? You guys are trying to resurrect the hate from the FoH MMO section? Christ I stated and opinion based on my first impression. You guys take shit way too seriously calm down go outside, get laid, have a beer do yoga, do anything to release your loathing of other people's opinions.

W4RH34D_sl

shitlord
Lol did you really just say that? Lol get fucked

EDIT: a_skeleton_03 what is with the hate bro? I am bitch because I use something I got free? I have a very nice desktop and a great phone not mention a couple of nice tv's so I really have no need for this iPad I just use it once in awhile. And since I care so little about this iPad is why I was not more "diligent" in researching the new iOS. I just don't care for apple products if and when I ever care enough to power use a tablet I will buy a one with a full version of Win8.
You're the one that got fucked, dude. Cry more, that'll solve your problems.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Who the fuck is crying? Jesus dude really? Don't group me in with all the people that were hating on you for being an apple fanboi. I could care less go dig up Steve Jobs and suck his dick for all I care.

W4RH34D_sl

shitlord
Who the fuck is crying? Jesus dude really? Don't group me in with all the people that were hating on you for being an apple fanboi. I could care less go dig up Steve Jobs and suck his dick for all I care.
Who the fuck is a fanboi? This is my first iphone. I can play the troll faggot game too, bro.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Ok, I am done. You are unstable. The level anger and hate this went to over me stating an opinion is just silly. You win bro apple rocks! I was wrong.

W4RH34D_sl

shitlord
I wonder if this is the rage warhead was referring to when he works out.
No actually, I don't rage anymore. Trolls here want to project their issues on to me in a plebeian attempt to upset me. Over a conversation about phones no less, lol.

Can we talk about phones now?

W4RH34D_sl

shitlord
Yup, most actually have to try and troll, but for an insufferable simpleton such as yourself, inbred stupidity and an almost autistic perception of reality allow you to do so quite effortlessly. Bravo.
Wow you must really be upset bro, maybe next time you should try to have an actual conversation and not see everything as tactics to be right. If you had one compelling thought on this subject I wouldn't have said anything. But you continually pull the same rotation in almost every thread I read with you in it sans one. WTF man we're here to talk and share knowledge, not use tactics to prove whose right.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
What the fuck is going on in this thread. Settle down with the insults people it's a fucking phone thread and not srs bsns like the xbone/ps4 thread. Next person to continue this shit is getting a kick in the nuts.

Siliconemelons

I want an OS where its multi tasking is active (BB10) not history (Android/iOS) and its homescreen is said task management (WebOS...kind of BB10) so I get a Desktop like feel and a clean "home" screen. Also intuitive gestures (WebOS) for navigation and multi tasking app closing (Android WebOs iOS) and notifications that don't suck (WebOS)

shit...stuck with my good ol Pre3 still it seems.

and the big thing, a physical keyboard. - but alas I dream :p

W4RH34D_sl

shitlord
I want an OS where its multi tasking is active (BB10) not history (Android/iOS) and its homescreen is said task management (WebOS...kind of BB10) so I get a Desktop like feel and a clean "home" screen. Also intuitive gestures (WebOS) for navigation and multi tasking app closing (Android WebOs iOS) and notifications that don't suck (WebOS)

I miss my old black berry 8830, it was amazing for the time. Too bad the trackball died.

baerf_sl

shitlord

Same here with the physical keyboard. My phone is a Blackberry 9700 and love it. I've had the latest Android phones, had an iPhone (4S) but returned to the Blackberry. Not just for the keyboard, but also due to it's battery life - i charge it once every 4-6 days (depending on how much i use 3G/Wireless). Been holding off on a proper smartphone until i find something which hits the battery life issue (I'm way too disorganized to remember to put my phone on charge each night, and a dead phone for a day would be a pain).

Would love something like a phone which had the iPhone sleek design, Android openness (freedom to tinker with), Blackberry (of old) Battery life and physical keyboard.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I just got confirmation from Sprint that the Note 3 will for sure be in stores on the 25th.

I'm pretty excited.
Speaking of Sprint have you guys ever discussedhttps://ting.com?

Ting sponsors the Joe Rogan podcast and to hear him describe it they sound legit. I guess Ting uses the Sprint Network but have no contracts and they refund money for unused minutes.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Same here with the physical keyboard. My phone is a Blackberry 9700 and love it. I've had the latest Android phones, had an iPhone (4S) but returned to the Blackberry. Not just for the keyboard, but also due to it's battery life - i charge it once every 4-6 days (depending on how much i use 3G/Wireless). Been holding off on a proper smartphone until i find something which hits the battery life issue (I'm way too disorganized to remember to put my phone on charge each night, and a dead phone for a day would be a pain).

Would love something like a phone which had the iPhone sleek design, Android openness (freedom to tinker with), Blackberry (of old) Battery life and physical keyboard.
And therein lies all the criteria that made Blackberry great, which they ignored in a vain attempt to play catchup and copy Andoid/iOS. In a previous post I mentioned that a VIP at our firm has been holding onto his 9700 with a death-grip, rejecting every possible replacement device we've tried to ply him with. Like many Blackberry diehards, "apps", multimedia, and other advanced functions are entirely superfluous to them. They want a) physical keyboard, b) long battery life and c) great email experience. The 9700 was the last Blackberry that supported 3rd party extended batteries and doesn't have a touch screen. After that RIM decided to chip their batteries to prevent 3rd party batteries from being sold thereby eliminating any extended battery possibilities, then they moved to a touch screen with keyboard but no way to disable the touch function. Their new devices now fail to incorporate any of the features that endeared themselves to their core market. No more great battery life, degraded email experience (uses activesync now instead of BB network), and the Q10 is a joke for keyboard fanatics because they dropped the trackpad in favor of the touch screen.

EDIT: You may want to look at the Lumia 1020 with the camera frame attachment. It was the only thing that finally won over the VIP I mentioned. He knew the physical keyboard was a pipe dream, the original BB email experience was gone, and the Lumia 1020 was the only phone that had a REAL extended battery via the camera frame. It makes the phone rather large but he gets 3 days worth of battery life..