Smartphones

W4RH34D_sl

shitlord
I never said the GUI was bad, just that it was a blatant rip off of Office 2013/Server 2012, which is ironic considering it's always been MS being accused of copying apple, not vice versa.

Not saying that iOS 7 is "bad", just that from an innovation standpoint I expected to see something new and unique, but instead they simply implemented long overdue features. It feels like a "catch up" rather than something that could re-establish them as a market leader.

P.S: Also wtf is with the change for quick deleting email from a left-->right swipe to a right-->left swipe. I've spent 5 years deleting thousands of emails the same way and then they reverse the swipe direction? By no means a game killer but seriously irritating to try and retrain years of habit.
What features are you talking about? I have office 2013 and this doesn't remind me of it at all.
Google straight up will change icons around to make it confusing as fuck and it's not even an os update. Almost got in a wreck when I couldn't find navigation.

baerf_sl

shitlord
What features are you talking about? I have office 2013 and this doesn't remind me of it at all.
Google straight up will change icons around to make it confusing as fuck and it's not even an os update. Almost got in a wreck when I couldn't find navigation.
Yeah it does, i can see similarities between iOS7 and Office 2013, not that I'm complaining as i reckon I'm one of the few which likes the Office 2013 look and design. And even though i was kinda hoping that iOS7 fails (not an Apple fan - mainly due to it's rabid fans, and the Apple tax - but that's the world we live in /shrug) it's looking pretty good - features not with standing, it's a decent refresh as least on first impressions, and does "almost" make it a new phone.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
The white background with the 2d "flat" buttons and the overall "antiseptic" feel looks just like Outlook 2013 (flat buttons, flat icons, white background, thin font, minimalist framing/bordering) or the server manager console in Windows Server 2012. I'd even say that the new look is closer to Windows Phone 8 than it is to iOS6. I actually like the new IOS7 graphics, but it undeniably drew some of its inspiration from the aforementioned products.

Slightly off topic, but more and more employees where I work have been going out and purchasing Windows Phone 8 devices and I've been quite surprised just how good it is. We have one VIP that has held onto his ancient Blackberry 9700 for 5 years with a death grip, rejecting every other device we've had him try (Iphone, Galaxy, Tab) and he actually loves his Lumia 1020. If your company runs Exchange server it even gets better, as MS obviously held onto some activesync technology just for themselves, as its the only device that has full Outlook level meeting/calendar support as well as support for information rights management decryption. Being able to listen to protected work voicemail right from your inbox is pure gold.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Whoa. Apple fan boy alert! I'd make some comment about how you like the gui and like being able to see things but you are still doing it on a 4" phone but probably not worth the effort.

W4RH34D_sl

shitlord
Whoa. Apple fan boy alert! I'd make some comment about how you like the gui and like being able to see things but you are still doing it on a 4" phone but probably not worth the effort.
Its a phone, not a tablet. LOL I'm borderline fanboy, but wombat makes a habit of saying shit with no facts so I like to bust him on it whenever possible.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Ok if you use blue and white then its similar in colors. But the fonts are completely different. To say its a rip-off is lazy.
Ok, me, Baerf, InfoWorld, Forbes, PCMag,and the gazillion other articles that mention the same thing when you Google "IOS 7 copied windows" must all be lazy. Some kids will just argue anything..

http://www.infoworld.com/d/consumeri...used-it-220644
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2420200,00.asp
http://articles.software.informer.co...y-windows.html
http://www.wpcentral.com/latest-wind...arnation-ios-7

Its a phone, not a tablet. LOL I'm borderline fanboy, but wombat makes a habit of saying shit with no facts so I like to bust him on it whenever possible.
You need to learn the definition of facts dude. See those links above, those are facts. See those comparison screenshots? Those are facts. Derping out well if "its blue and white then yeah" is not a fact.

W4RH34D_sl

shitlord
Ok, me, Baerf, InfoWorld, Forbes, PCMag,and the gazillion other articles that mention the same thing when you Google "IOS 7 copied windows" must all be lazy. Some kids will just argue anything..

http://www.infoworld.com/d/consumeri...used-it-220644
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2420200,00.asp
http://articles.software.informer.co...y-windows.html
http://www.wpcentral.com/latest-wind...arnation-ios-7

You need to learn the definition of facts dude. See those links above, those are facts. See those comparison screenshots? Those are facts. Derping out well if "its blue and white then yeah" is not a fact.
LOL you need to go to dictionary.com and look up what a fact and an opinion is. It is a fact that outlook and iphone default blue and white color schemes. LOL dude you are a hoot.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
LOL you need to go to dictionary.com and look up what a fact and an opinion is. It is a fact that outlook and iphone default blue and white color schemes. LOL dude you are a hoot.
It's not an opinion when commentary is backed by undeniable evidence, like those stated and pictured in the article. Putting an Audi A4 and A6 next to each other and stating they look similar isn't an opinion, it's a fact.

Notwithstanding the foregone conclusion above, where are your "facts" or even corroborating opinions to support your claim to the contrary? What you stated is an opinion, as you provided no supporting evidence for your claim. Facts are opinions supported by evidence. Kapiche?

Please also refer to "irony", which pretty much sums up your posts and accusations.

W4RH34D_sl

shitlord
It's not an opinion when commentary is backed by undeniable facts, like those stated and pictured in the article. Putting an Audi A4 and A6 next to each other and stating they look similar isn't an opinion, it's a fact.

Notwithstanding the foregone conclusion above, where are your "facts" or even corroborating opinions to support your claim to the contrary?
Oh, not worth my time, but look at the lengths you go to try to prove a worthless point. Which is still wrong. I'm sitting here using my phone and it looks nothing like outlook or the rest of office 2013. I changed a wallpaper and viola, completely different.

The idea that one gui rips off another is about the most trite, petty reason to put down an OS. So fuckin what. ios7 works better than office could ever dream of. 2013 was a god damn nightmare to install off Microsoft's hup website. I couldn't even use IE, I had to use firefox on microsofts own fuckin website. Now there is something to complain about.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Oh, not worth my time, but look at the lengths you go to try to prove a worthless point. Which is still wrong. I'm sitting here using my phone and it looks nothing like outlook or the rest of office 2013. I changed a wallpaper and viola, completely different.

The idea that one gui rips off another is about the most trite, petty reason to put down an OS. So fuckin what. ios7 works better than office could ever dream of. 2013 was a god damn nightmare to install off Microsoft's hup website. I couldn't even use IE, I had to use firefox on microsofts own fuckin website. Now there is something to complain about.
LMAO. Seriously, is English not your first language or have public schools recently dropped it from their curriculum? We've got a strawman, cherry picking, and an ad hominem all rolled into one!

"the lengths I go to prove a worthless point". Again, refer to irony. I simply posted my review of IOS7 and you made it your life mission to prove me wrong because you want to "bust me" for lack of "facts", despite you offering none of your own. It isn't even like I shat all over it which would perhaps justify you getting your panties in a bunch, I simply said it was underwhelming. Who exactly is going to great lengths again? For a "worthless point" you sure seem to be opinionated about it.

Also was I comparing the feature set of Office to IOS lol? Or any comparison besides cosmetic items? What's this irrelevant drivel about how IOS is better than Office, and is that even a viable comparison to make? When did this turn into an Apple vs MS war?

Good day sir.

W4RH34D_sl

shitlord
I have the fucking phone in my hand wombat, you're not fooling me.

Get back to me with that feature set I asked you about but you ignored whenever is good for you.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
UI designers removing "chrome" going with a more flat design is a trend right now and you would have to be a huge apple fanboy to say it's nothing like the flat look for office 2013 / win 8 / modern ui or whatever they call it.

Siliconemelons

I hate the flat look... Only thing I like is the webOS card like task manager. But its still a long way from the goodness that was webOS.

fucking blackberry needs to let us know if they are fucked or not so I can get a q10 cheap.

I can't do virtual keyboards...

W4RH34D_sl

shitlord
the iphone is parallax, its not flat, the icons stand over the wallpaper. Safari has a 3d tab toggle. IDK wtf u guys are reading, but clearly watching the apple keynote about the phone was not one of the sources.

I have the phone in my gd hand and I disagree with everything being said.

W4RH34D_sl

shitlord
Well you're literally the only one doing so, I don't know what to tell you.
That's fine I mean it would be one thing if I was quoting research but it's another to be using it at this very moment. I don't set out to be disagreeable but I don't find this forums portrayal to be accurate. It's a freaking masterpiece so far you should definitely check it out in a store.
It is fluid and extremely responsive. The floating icons and translucent home buttons really make it beautiful yet still extremely easy to get right to the dialer.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
That's fine I mean it would be one thing if I was quoting research but it's another to be using it at this very moment. I don't set out to be disagreeable but I don't find this forums portrayal to be accurate. It's a freaking masterpiece so far you should definitely check it out in a store.
It is fluid and extremely responsive. The floating icons and translucent home buttons really make it beautiful yet still extremely easy to get right to the dialer.
Why don't you marry it, then?

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
How are people finding the screen size on the i5/5s?

I'm running a RAZR at the moment and up for contract renewal next month, want to go to a 5s since I have moved back to an ipad from an Acer Iconia but the 4" screen-size seems like it might be a little too small (was hoping to see a 4.3" in the refresh but understand why it wasn't). I don't really do a lot of web or video viewing on the phone but I do use it for navigation, email and facebook regularly and with eyesight problems I'm not sure the res and font size will be big enough at 4".