Smartphones

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That's my biggest problem. My 2 year old Droid Bionic has a bigger screen. Resolution can make a difference, but plenty of articles out there with screen shots of it being compared to the Samsung S3 or S4 that has a 5" screen. You do just see more, and it's bigger on phones with bigger screens.

Ya, it's a phone, not a tablet, but another .5-1" would have made a huge huge difference.

Mageling

Bronze Knight of the Realm
How are people finding the screen size on the i5/5s?

I'm running a RAZR at the moment and up for contract renewal next month, want to go to a 5s since I have moved back to an ipad from an Acer Iconia but the 4" screen-size seems like it might be a little too small (was hoping to see a 4.3" in the refresh but understand why it wasn't). I don't really do a lot of web or video viewing on the phone but I do use it for navigation, email and facebook regularly and with eyesight problems I'm not sure the res and font size will be big enough at 4".
You should consider the Moto X phone. With the virtual nav keys, the phone has a 4.7" screen, but if you don't take those into consideration and focus only on the standard viewable area, it's closer to 4.4". I'm finding that it's about the perfect size mobile device. It's absolutely usable without straining my eyes, but it feels incredible in-hand. Mind you, I have the black version with the soft touch back. The white version has a bit more of a slippery plastic feeling in comparison.

The phone really shines. I'd say I'm happy with it, and I came from an HTC One and Nexus 4 before that.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I continually feel my iPhone is too small and want to drop kick it into a lake, so I'm not sure how well that answers your question about screen size.

Nostrovia_sl

shitlord
The Iphone has just become a parody of itself.
It's the CoD of phones... same rehashed shit over and over, yet the dumbasses will still pay full price for it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I was so shocked to see so many people are in line for it. I get that it's new and probably slightly better... but... what the fuck.

Rhuobhe

N00b
I'm tired of iphone. Unfortunately, this is my free company phone. I wish I could get a galaxy 4. If I could afford to, I would buy a Sony Xperia Z. What a beautiful device...

W4RH34D_sl

shitlord
The razr was a continual source of aggravation for me. I went to a 5 and haven't looked back. I need a phone first and smartphone second and I feel apple delivered a phone not a computer with the phone being an afterthought.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I'm having a hard time imagining how you had a hard time using the phone on android.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
We get it, Warhead, you're an Apple fanboi who has to get the next best thing every year or two years. Have you stuck your cock in Siri yet? I hear there's a male voice now...

Neph_sl

shitlord
Multitasking and the control panel are nice on iOS7. My biggest complaint is that they removed buttons and make you click on words. Sometimes, it's not obvious where you have to click, and losing the borders that define buttons means you just lose context.

Unlike the majority of the posters here, I could care less about screen size or processor speed for my phone, though. Just give me a smartphone that works and I don't care if it runs iOS or Android.

W4RH34D_sl

shitlord
Siri isn't that great. Holy fuck maybe you don't realize how bad the razr was. Unlock the phone, oh fuck it lets just slowly load the camera app before it does anything else. Battery life? 4 hours.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
So I just updated to iOS7 on my iPad. I hadn't done any reading on it before hand not even on this forum, I had no idea what to expect. First impressions are it is a shitty version of Windows, then I come here and read I am not the only one that feels/thinks that way. This shit is horrible, can I revert back?

The only reason I have an apple product is because work gave it to me for free, I pretty much use it for netflix and web surfing and the occasional angry birds. Even with limited use I hate this new version. Fuck you apple!

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
Republic Wireless is getting the Moto X in November. $300 for the phone, then their plans start at $5 month for wifi only calling. Unlimited everything with 3G is $30/month. $40/month with LTE. No contracts.

W4RH34D_sl

shitlord
So I just updated to iOS7 on my iPad. I hadn't done any reading on it before hand not even on this forum, I had no idea what to expect. First impressions are it is a shitty version of Windows, then I come here and read I am not the only one that feels/thinks that way. This shit is horrible, can I revert back?

The only reason I have an apple product is because work gave it to me for free, I pretty much use it for netflix and web surfing and the occasional angry birds. Even with limited use I hate this new version. Fuck you apple!
Idk maybe some diligence would have served you some good. This is actually your fault.

The new camera app is also epic
http://www.macworld.com/article/2048...nd-photos.html

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So your response to someone who doesn't like the new iOS is they should have done more research and figured out whether to install it or not?

Classic fan boy. It's not Apple that made a mistake but the consumer for using it? Wtf

W4RH34D_sl

shitlord
So your response to someone who doesn't like the new iOS is they should have done more research and figured out whether to install it or not?

Classic fan boy. It's not Apple that made a mistake but the consumer for using it? Wtf
HAHA whatevs man I'd say that to anyone. Stupid actions are not exclusive to this. If you upgrade your OS sight unseen you owe yourself a kick in the nuts. This is true for any device.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>

Umm it was optional, yes it is your fault.

How about you list exactly what you don't like about it?

Your entire post is dripping with how much you hate Apple and how the only reason you have one is because it was free and you are too much of a bitch to buy your own shit even when you hate your phone so much .....

Maybe smartphones aren't for you, pick up an old school Razer.

Rhuobhe

N00b
rrr_img_44059.jpg

This was the best phone I ever had. I used to pick up mad chicks at the disco during the 00s with this thing. The days before every douche bag had a smartphone.

I still have it in storage. It is precious to me...

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
God I hate when shit becomes so popular it's cool to hate on it...

Side note as I'm really not sure how you can hate the new OS. It's the same shit with different icons/sounds. Also has some nice new perks like being able to swipe to go back on Safari and shit like that. The level of change isn't even close to the change from Win 7 to 8...