So about that no such thing as voter fraud?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Social Security History

So they have to be born in same zipcode and they then would have a 10% chance of fourth numbers being the same.
Not every zip code will have a different first set of numbers. Zip codes in the same area are usually assigned the same area number. Southern Nevada, for example, has 40-50 zip codes and all are given the 530 area number.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not every zip code will have a different first set of numbers. Zip codes in the same area are usually assigned the same area number. Southern Nevada, for example, has 40-50 zip codes and all are given the 530 area number.
The key point is it devides national births into smaller groupings. Making a same day, year, first name, last name, and first three digits extremely rare. By reducing the pool of potential births from national average of 10000 to a much smaller pool of hundreds at the most. Then the fourth digit of SSN will then eliminates 90% of those extremely rare occurrences.

35000 is way to high a number to have made it through all those checks.

Siddar

First batch of every SSN I've seen, and I've seen a ton in hiring is XXX-XX-XXXX format. No clue why you think the first set has 4 numbers Siddar. Do you have a US SSN?

And there's less than 10000 US ZIP codes in use, and a reasonable number are only used for PO Boxes and other specialized uses.

In short, you're seeming pretty clueless on the subject.

PS I bet 99% was absentee ballots not in person since thats always got the highest cases of fraud.
Did you even click the link I gave?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm guessing it's not exactly a rare event to have 2 people born on the same day in the same state with common names like Maria Rodriguez or Michael Smith. Average life span being 79 years means there's a lot of same name/dob/beginning ssn people out there. Unlikely 35,000 but definitely a lot.

The main point of this is that the methodology used to prove this "voter fraud" is terribly terribly flawed

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I can't wait for the next round of voter suppression in the coming elections. I'm guaranteeing some:

*Voter ID
*No early voting in blue areas
*Lots of additional voting time in red areas
*Fox News looking for Black Panthers

I'm da nate silver of dis shit
lVTNNpC.gif

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
one thing is for sure. American government is so partisan, so incompetent, and so corrupt, that it can't even implement Voter ID laws without any controversy.

iannis

Musty Nester
Actually I see controversy in voter ID as a good thing and one of the most legitimate functions of government. Controversy means discussion and it means the competing interest of various concentrations of wealth -- in a public, regulatory, regulated environment.

Some things I think are fair (even if they are not, being God-Emperor, how I would decree them to be), some things I think go too far. Some things I think border on criminal they oppose what I understand to be the basic tenants of our society so baldly.

Siddar

I'm guessing it's not exactly a rare event to have 2 people born on the same day in the same state with common names like Maria Rodriguez or Michael Smith. Average life span being 79 years means there's a lot of same name/dob/beginning ssn people out there. Unlikely 35,000 but definitely a lot.

The main point of this is that the methodology used to prove this "voter fraud" is terribly terribly flawed
States that would all have same first three numbers on all there zipcodes will be small states in population with a correspondingly small number of births. There are only 10000 births a daysperated by a large number of area zipcodes even if some of those zipcodes overlap in first three digits, that will make same name birth on same day very rare in each of those areas. Then any double matches that get through will have a 90% chance of being eliminated by the fourth SSN number.

You wont get 35000 false positives with system they used.

Vaclav

States that would all have same first three numbers on all there zipcodes will be small states in population with a correspondingly small number of births. There are only 10000 births a daysperated by a large number of area zipcodes even if some of those zipcodes overlap in first three digits, that will make same name birth on same day very rare in each of those areas. Then any double matches that get through will have a 90% chance of being eliminated by the fourth SSN number.

You wont get 35000 false positives with system they used.
Sure you will, you do realize in many states they don't even do full first name for voter rolls, right? And none require middle or additional appellations like Jr/Sr, right?

When I do my volunteering for the BOE I work at the "registration" - and 90% of the rolls are J. Doe styled with only a handful put in by full name.

In short - this is not evidence that would convince anyone that wasn't already convinced. Just like any other conspiracy theory.

Relative link:Voter fraud in North Carolina? Not so fast | MSNBC- Not even ONE case has been found to be for sure yet, and thusfar the same types of checks have gotten false positives in large numbers before.

And another relative link:RALEIGH: Attorney: NC photo ID wouldn't stop 2-state voting - AmericaNowNews.com- apparently harsher Voter ID laws wouldn't have stopped a single one of these incidents....

Siddar

Sure you will, you do realize in many states they don't even do full first name for voter rolls, right? And none require middle or additional appellations like Jr/Sr, right?

When I do my volunteering for the BOE I work at the "registration" - and 90% of the rolls are J. Doe styled with only a handful put in by full name.

In short - this is not evidence that would convince anyone that wasn't already convinced. Just like any other conspiracy theory.

Relative link:Voter fraud in North Carolina? Not so fast | MSNBC- Not even ONE case has been found to be for sure yet, and thusfar the same types of checks have gotten false positives in large numbers before.

And another relative link:RALEIGH: Attorney: NC photo ID wouldn't stop 2-state voting - AmericaNowNews.com- apparently harsher Voter ID laws wouldn't have stopped a single one of these incidents....
You do know the 35000 claim was people with matching date of birth, first and last name. and first for digits on SSN? Your point here is not relevant.

Only a idiot would try to claim these 35000 people are all just people who happened to be born on same day with same first and last name in the same area and same first four digits of SSN.

The report is two days old give it time.

I said in my very first post in this thread that Voter ID wasn't enough.

iannis

Musty Nester
I don't know that anyone claims voter fraud does not exist. What they do tend to claim is that the problem is not pronounced enough of one to require sweeping election reforms.

Even if there are 35,000 double votes and 85 dead people, it does nothing to address that point. That's 35,000 questionable votes out of 4,500,000 cast in the State. or 0.007%.

If anything, even should that number be unexaggerated or even somewhat underestimated, it does reinforce the idea that the process is about as fair, transparent, and open as is practical.

Of course 35,000 is a large enough number that it seems suspicious. If it was orchestrated there should be evidence of that. 0.007% is still 0.007%.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The key point is it devides national births into smaller groupings. Making a same day, year, first name, last name, and first three digits extremely rare. By reducing the pool of potential births from national average of 10000 to a much smaller pool of hundreds at the most. Then the fourth digit of SSN will then eliminates 90% of those extremely rare occurrences.

35000 is way to high a number to have made it through all those checks.
Am I an ass or is the following quote:
The audit showed 155,692 registered North Carolina voters whose first and last names, dates of birth and last four digits of their Social Security number match those of voters registered in other states, but who most recently registered or voted elsewhere.

A total of 35,750 voters with matching first and last names and date of birth were registered in North Carolina and another state, and voted in both states in the 2012 general election.

Another 765 voters with an exact match of first and last name, date of birth and last four digits of their Social Security number were registered and voted in the 2012 general election in North Carolina and another state.
Only saying that 765 people with matching SSN voted twice, not 35000? And that the 35000 did not having matching SSN?

iannis

Musty Nester
No, you've got it right. It's 765 with exact matches, 35,750 inexact matches.

It seems like something worth investigating. Even if it is only 765, those 765 mean that someone somewhere is trying to play dirty pool.

But to claim the sky is falling just seems assinine or agenda driven.

Vaclav

Siddar clearly hates reading... Amongst other things that matched first name and last is often just an initial for first being considered quite often, also that Jr's and Srs (often born close) are false positives.

Plus other issues...