So, I'm dying...

lurker

Vyemm Raider
frown.png
, speechless.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yeah there's not a lot to be said here except you're a cool bro, and don't stop fighting, even if it seems hopeless.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
What lead to this situation and why can't a pacemaker or artificial heart help?
frown.png
Well, he had a massive heart attack. Pacemakers are for shocking your heart back into a normal rhythm, they can't do anything for physical damage to the heart caused by a heart attack. And even if he could survive the surgery (which is highly doubtful) he still most likely wouldn't survive the waiting list for a heart transplant. Dick Cheney had to wait 20 months.

Sledge

Trakanon Raider
I hope you beat the odds with this and can't imagine what you must be going through.

Can you tell us what led up to all of this happening? It might help alert other forum members what pains to look out for that we might be sweeping under the rug.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Ouch dude, I hate it for you. I started a new job in July and someone who started with me was a cancer survivor. He found out he had leukemia a month after we started, and they've given him a short time frame as well. This was a guy who had two kids worked out, cared about his health. Life's just not fair man. I wish I knew something to help in this situation, but I didn't know anything to say to him either. It's unfair. I just hope you can enjoy the time you do have left, and miracles do happen.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
I'm posting through some foggy eyes and a sniffly nose right now. No shit.

I know you live just one or two counties from me. I know you've got one of the best sense's of humor on here. You have always seemed to have had the inner strength not to stoop to low and insult people you disagree with. It's a strength I sometimes lack and something I have always admired in you. You walk on a slightly higher plane than most of us. That's the truth. You're one of the best posters we have here and I really hope you pull through this.

You've also given me an absolutely great time in fantasy football too, I must say. For several years now you and I have been in neck and neck competition for 'not last place' in our division and I must say, you really do make it fun man. The shit talk has been great and I'm still not sure if the Kelce/Manning trade was a good one or not, lol!

So we're up against each other today again and it's not gonna be the same. I'm gonna make all my pretend fantasy players wear a pretend KC patch on their sleeves today in your honor my forum friend. As a symbol of your fight to live, I encourage you to log on and edit your roster. You got two guys on a bye. Bench them before the games start. Give me one last ass-kicking. This is our last matchup this season (unless we both make the playoffs... lawl). It's a small token thing, but even those things matter. I hope you kick my ass today.

And I hope the Raiders lose. In fact, I'm changing my pick 'em in your honor.
rrr_img_115910.jpg

I will also be drafting two kickers next year in your honor my friend.

Hang in there bro. It ain't over till it's over. Love ya bro.

-Gerbs

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
I'm not sure if this is appropriate, but I'm gonna follow my heart. I hope you take it the way I mean it, which is in the best possible way.

"You want a physicist to speak at your funeral. You want the physicist to talk to your grieving family about the conservation of energy, so they will understand that your energy has not died. You want the physicist to remind your sobbing mother about the first law of thermodynamics; that no energy gets created in the universe, and none is destroyed. You want your mother to know that all your energy, every vibration, every Btu of heat, every wave of every particle that was her beloved child remains with her in this world. You want the physicist to tell your weeping father that amid energies of the cosmos, you gave as good as you got.

And at one point you'd hope that the physicist would step down from the pulpit and walk to your brokenhearted spouse there in the pew and tell him that all the photons that ever bounced off your face, all the particles whose paths were interrupted by your smile, by the touch of your hair, hundreds of trillions of particles, have raced off like children, their ways forever changed by you. And as your widow rocks in the arms of a loving family, may the physicist let her know that all the photons that bounced from you were gathered in the particle detectors that are her eyes, that those photons created within her constellations of electromagnetically charged neurons whose energy will go on forever.

And the physicist will remind the congregation of how much of all our energy is given off as heat. There may be a few fanning themselves with their programs as he says it. And he will tell them that the warmth that flowed through you in life is still here, still part of all that we are, even as we who mourn continue the heat of our own lives.

And you'll want the physicist to explain to those who loved you that they need not have faith; indeed, they should not have faith. Let them know that they can measure, that scientists have measured precisely the conservation of energy and found it accurate, verifiable and consistent across space and time. You can hope your family will examine the evidence and satisfy themselves that the science is sound and that they'll be comforted to know your energy's still around. According to the law of the conservation of energy, not a bit of you is gone; you're just less orderly. Amen."

-Aaron Freeman

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Well this news ruined my day even more...

Get your last will in writing, Gravy.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I'm not sure if this is appropriate, but I'm gonna follow my heart. I hope you take it the way I mean it, which is in the best possible way.

"You want a physicist to speak at your funeral. You want the physicist to talk to your grieving family about the conservation of energy, so they will understand that your energy has not died. You want the physicist to remind your sobbing mother about the first law of thermodynamics; that no energy gets created in the universe, and none is destroyed. You want your mother to know that all your energy, every vibration, every Btu of heat, every wave of every particle that was her beloved child remains with her in this world. You want the physicist to tell your weeping father that amid energies of the cosmos, you gave as good as you got.

And at one point you'd hope that the physicist would step down from the pulpit and walk to your brokenhearted spouse there in the pew and tell him that all the photons that ever bounced off your face, all the particles whose paths were interrupted by your smile, by the touch of your hair, hundreds of trillions of particles, have raced off like children, their ways forever changed by you. And as your widow rocks in the arms of a loving family, may the physicist let her know that all the photons that bounced from you were gathered in the particle detectors that are her eyes, that those photons created within her constellations of electromagnetically charged neurons whose energy will go on forever.

And the physicist will remind the congregation of how much of all our energy is given off as heat. There may be a few fanning themselves with their programs as he says it. And he will tell them that the warmth that flowed through you in life is still here, still part of all that we are, even as we who mourn continue the heat of our own lives.

And you'll want the physicist to explain to those who loved you that they need not have faith; indeed, they should not have faith. Let them know that they can measure, that scientists have measured precisely the conservation of energy and found it accurate, verifiable and consistent across space and time. You can hope your family will examine the evidence and satisfy themselves that the science is sound and that they'll be comforted to know your energy's still around. According to the law of the conservation of energy, not a bit of you is gone; you're just less orderly. Amen."

-Aaron Freeman
I love it, thanks, Gerbs.

Who knew a bunch of internet fuckwads could give me such a smile? I did. Thanks to everyone.

• 1Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I love it, thanks, Gerbs.

Who knew a bunch of internet fuckwads could give me such a smile? I did. Thanks to everyone.
I blame you for my emergency room visit this morning you internet fuckwad. You know how incredibly inconsiderate and selfish it is of you to be dying of a heart condition?

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Freeze yourself in carbonite, and when your wife says, "I love you", you should only say, "I know".

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You know, if you could afford it you probably could afford to have your body cast in bronze instead of being buried or cremated.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Don't let them fuck you over with a view of window blnds at that fucking hospice, Gravy.

8dzZc8E.gif

• 1Worf

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
When I saw the thread title a few people came to mind as who could've posted it. Sad to hear this man. I mean we just found out you were white like a week ago.

Kidding aside you've always been a really positive and humorous member here, I'm keeping you in my thoughts.