Soccer 2016-2017

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Neki Neki

I'm still down for our bet, but I have to be honest about something.... watching this team of utterly detestable cunts (Kante aside) win the league is now a worse proposition to me than watching Spurs win it. I admire Poch, like several of your players (Ali's faggot ass aside) - so fuck it, I'm all in on Spurs winning the league. The utter humiliation the Arsenal board and management should feel after that might be enough to affect change. No surprise the second Manc change their tactical setup and bench Ibra they look like a decent side....

You may be a dirty gooner supporter but I've always respected you Springbok Springbok . I don't say that about most Arse fans I've met in real life.

Yeah we support fierce rival teams but if i met you in person, you seem the cool kind of guy I would love to sit down, have a drink and just talk shit and banter about stuff together.

I'll take that avatar bet. Loser will wear the avatar until the end of the season (which is about 3 weeks away from when the NLD is played). May the best team win (obviously Spurs.. haha)

Interesting to see Wenger go 3-4-3 against Boro today. Maybe he thinks he's got nothing left to lose and to try and mimic Chelsea's and Tottenham's formation.

Even though Chelsea lost against Man Utd yesterday, I still think they will win the title. Spurs basically have to win out their last 6 games and hoping Chelsea lose and draw 2 of theirs which I find very unlikely looking at the remaining fixtures. I have a sliver of hope that we might chase them down and winning the title but being a Spurs fan for so many years have taught me not to build any hopes for my team as they will always find a way to mercilessly crush them (example: end of last season).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Arsenal in my opinion really need a fresh change in leadership.

Wenger is institutionalised. He is happy to get top 4, maybe win the odd FA / league cup and qualify for CL without any chance of winning it and bring in players with just enough quality to achieve that but nothing more and all at the same time make massive profits for the board and Kronke. The owner and board are happy with Wenger as long as the money is rolling in year after year. This is their business model and at the end of the day, Arsenal FC are a business in their eyes and Wenger is delivering on what is asked of him.

If Arsenal are to start challenging for the league and CL, they need to do a huge clear out from top to bottom. Starting from the owner, to Gazidis, to the board, Wenger and Bould, down to some of your playing staff who are too comfortable with underachievement such as Walcott, Ramsey, Wilshere. Get that soft culture out of your club and start again with a new exciting manager who actually wants to win things.

If nothing changes, then if you think this season was hard, just wait till next season when in the summer, Chelsea/Man City/Man Utd continue to spend £100s of millions to bring in players, Liverpool will improve more under Klopp and Spurs will continue with more or less the same because of the new stadium. We probably won't spend a lot but also won't be selling our players too so we will again have a strong settled squad for next season.

Top 4 is getting more and more tougher every year and if you stage stationary, you will just get over taken by those other teams who are constantly spending/evolving/improving to not only try and get one of those 4 coveted spots, but also have aspirations to win the league.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I agree completely, to me the most important clear out is at the very very top though. All one has to do is take a gander at Kroenke's other sporting interests (hint, they are all laughably terrible teams who generate great revenue streams) to see what his business plan is. Quite honestly, it works... for generating value on his investment. The biggest difference in England though is it's much harder to market a lousy team than a good one (whereas the Rams for example, are immediately marketable just based on their location) and the money from CL etc helps his cause tremendously. There is a reason that the Cowboys remain extremely high on the Deloitte money rankings year in year out (only behind I believe Real Madrid) and Dallas has sucked shit since I was 14!

Not to say Wenger isn't without a lions share of the blame - his constant shielding of players, weird formations, outdated tactics etc are finally rubbing everyone wrong and I'm glad it's finally happened (though sad). It's amazing to me that he's lasted as long as he has, and a credit to him that he has but at some point everyone reaches their finish line. I think his was 2 years ago personally, but it is what it is.

As for the players, don't even get me started. LFC want OX for $35mm? Quick someone grab a pen. Bellerin to Barca for $45mm? Can I snapchat his contract or do you need it in writing?!

I too think Chelski will win the league as I have no faith in Spurs to pull them back, but you never know. They were abysmal against United this weekend and it seems they're due a rough patch.... would be a pretty hilarious time to hit it - If only Stevie G played at Chelsea.... you'd be in with a shout!

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So much controversy in the Real/Bayern tie today. The actual sending off of Vidal was a horrible decision, but I thought he should have been sent off near the start of the 2nd half for a bad foul just outside their box. All this whining about Casemiro not being sent off occurred well after that let off for Vidal...and another weak penalty for Bayern (at least this time they scored on it). Still haven't seen a clear angle that Robben didn't just throw himself over a leg. Didn't look like he was stepped on at all. Ronaldo's 2nd goal was clear as day offside, but the 3rd that people are all claiming offside...if it is, it's by a half step at best, and every still I see of it is a slanted angle you can clearly see by the 18 yard box. It's not like they didn't pile on another after that which would see them through as well.

Real pretty much dominated the first half as well, created the only real chances while Bayern didn't have a single shot on target. I'd agree Bayern looked good in the 2nd half (since Vidal didn't see red as early as he should have), but to get goals off a dubious penalty and a horrid own goal...they just didn't deserve to go through imo.

• 1Solidarity

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
If somehow Chelsea doesn't win the PL this year, it will be such a large capitulation. Also very thankful it won't end up being Atleti v Real in the UCL final, tired of teams from the same league matching up in the final. Don't see any way Monaco can match Juve, even with Mbappe breaking out. Should be a good battle either way in the final, although Juventus playing typical Italian defense is a bit tough to watch. Hopefully open games in both semi's. This weekend should provide excellent entertainment, would love to see Spurs Arsenal FA CUP final!!!!! Up the Arse

Merrith

So Tottenham to lose while Arsenal go through. Spurs always seem on the cusp without being able to get over the hump. Maybe the rematch with Chelsea coming up will let them get the ultimate revenge and help them to league title.

Liverpool dropping all 3 points leaves a big opening for either Manchester club to pounce on. The derby is going to be big.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Liverpool dropping all 3 points leaves a big opening for either Manchester club to pounce on. The derby is going to be big.

Eh?

The top 4 at this point is Chelsea, Spurs, City + either LFC or United.

United have to go away to City, Spurs and Arsenal. It's not an easy run-in but then LFC are just as capable of dropping points from their remaining fixtures as they winning. Lallana is back soon I think, which will help.

Plus United have the Europa League - if you're Mourinho the question is which basket do you put your eggs into. Right now Europa league is still their best shot at CL qualification

Merrith

Eh?

The top 4 at this point is Chelsea, Spurs, City + either LFC or United.

United have to go away to City, Spurs and Arsenal. It's not an easy run-in but then LFC are just as capable of dropping points from their remaining fixtures as they winning. Lallana is back soon I think, which will help.

Plus United have the Europa League - if you're Mourinho the question is which basket do you put your eggs into. Right now Europa league is still their best shot at CL qualification

Agreed best shot is Europa. But if they win the derby against City, they go 2 points ahead of them, and being only 3 back of Liverpool with 2 games in hand makes it very doable. As tough as their run in is, Liverpool's struggles against teams in the bottom half of the table means their finish isn't exactly easy either (for whatever weird reason they struggle with the bad teams).

A United win against City and it's City on outside looking in 2 behind United and Liverpool (with game in hand on Liverpool).

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
All LFC has to do is win 3 of the final 4 and they have like a 95% chance of top 4. None of the 4 teams sans Boro have anything to play for right now and I'd guess by the final game of the season their relegation would be confirmed. It's certainly possible they could fuck it up but I don't think it's very likely.

Merrith

They just haven't performed well against the bottom half of the table, so it gives teams hope.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
What you mean to say is all of their losses have come against bottom half teams, so as I noted it's a possibility. In all of the corresponding fixtures sans Bournemouth and CP they've won though plus add that none of the teams in question have anything to play for while LFC does.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Crystal palace loss was unbelievable.

I'm excited for next season with Mr. EA sports taking over though.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Crystal palace loss was unbelievable.

I'm excited for next season with Mr. EA sports taking over though.

He's not going to be involved in the football side of things, just the commercial/business aspects.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
He's not going to be involved in the football side of things, just the commercial/business aspects.

Which can bring the club more money so we can bring in more talent.

So I hope.

Last edited:

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Do your worst... couldn't cope with Spurs intensity after half time and deserve to lose. Just end this abysmal season already....

Neki

Molten Core Raider
GG

Arsenal actually played really well in the first half and unsettled us with your pressing and 3-4-3 formation.

Since you are a bro, I'll give you a choice between 2 avatars! Enjoy! :)

_74834122_samirnasrimancity.jpg

rvp-premier-league-1437068887-800.jpg

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Judas or the gay Frenchman, tough call.

Good win, coulda been 5 to be honest - hard to see Chelski slipping but you never know

Szlia

Crazy first half in the Real-Atletico match. The tempo is very high and the technical mastery is impressive. I am not sure the players can survive another 45 min with such intensity.

Merrith

Crazy first half in the Real-Atletico match. The tempo is very high and the technical mastery is impressive. I am not sure the players can survive another 45 min with such intensity.

Not sure Atletico can survive. 12 shots to 1 in first 45. If Real can double their advantage and maintain the clean sheet, should be set up for a much easier 2nd leg.