Sports Entertainment

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
on RAW Talk on the Network after the show, they did everything to say that Roman is still a "good guy" and such. He is definitely the top merch seller for a full timer from reports I have seen (Cena beats him, but they consider him a part timer now).

I know they don't want to lose the money, but the problem is, they have time for Roman to do a Rock and go heel and then move to top face. The man can work, he gives it his all in the ring and just needs to go from being booed cause people dont want him to be forced down their throats to being booed for being a bad guy. The man has the look, the skills and the mic ability to be a top star, they just need to do what they could never do with Cena and that is embrace the hate.

Fuck the way heels get loved these days, if Roman snapped and went around wasting mid card faces with spears every show at random, his sales probably wouldnt even drop.
It doesn't work like that anymore. You now have two very polarized fragments of a fan base now: your casual fans, which is the majority, and your Internet smarks which are an extremely vocal minority. The smarks are going to cheer for their favorite indy darlings regardless of whether they are oriented face or heel. These are emotionally sick people who feel they have strong emotional bonds to these wrestlers because they knew who they were before WWE. Quite often they will even attribute themselves with that wrestlers success. If you try to push somebody who isn't one of their picks, they will temper tantrum and boo them. This has nothing to do with WWE "forcing" Reigns on anybody, it's a matter of these grown men having the emotional maturity of 8 year olds and throwing a hissy fit because they didn't get their way. It's beyond pathetic. The good news is that these losers will continue to watch and pay money regardless of how many empty threats they make to cancel their network subscriptions. There is zero logic in building a show around what these smarks want. The minute you turn Reigns heel and give them what they want, they stop being angry and their reaction to him loses most of its intensity. Also, they start cheering him, so it doesn't solve any problems. WWE knows exactly what it's doing here with Reigns. He is the most marketable full time guy on the roster by a wide margin. He'll be here for a looooong time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
on RAW Talk on the Network after the show, they did everything to say that Roman is still a "good guy" and such. He is definitely the top merch seller for a full timer from reports I have seen (Cena beats him, but they consider him a part timer now).

The opening scene of RAW this past week was the best opening on RAW in years.

• 1Solidarity

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
The opening scene of RAW this past week was the best opening on RAW in years.
I tend to agree, watching the big dog destroy the horde of virgin neckbeards in the stands with 5 words was something to behold.

• 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
It was pretty amazing. Roman really is the perfect "Heel 2.0"

I hate how you have to literally say "I am now a bad guy" for people to think you are a bad buy. it's 2017 everyone knows wrestling is fake we don't need to have good guys and bad guys anymore.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Glad to hear Drew McIntyre is back. Hopefully he ends up on the main roster sooner rather than later. Hope he keeps his old theme it was sick.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Having your main money makers play tweeners sends mixed messages to kids. You need to have clear cut heroes and villains so the kids know who to emulate. I honestly think all the shield members should be full fledged tweeners, as well as guys like Kane, Corbin and Orton. But you have to have guys that are straight up good guys and clear cut bad guys

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
As long as Braun Hogan takes his vitamins and says his prayers not even an ambulance can stop him.

I love this guy. To think they started him in the "Wyatt Family" stable. I know a lot of you folks like the Wyatt gimmick and I have said that I just don't get it. But damn, thank god they dropped that shit off Braun Hogan. I eagerly await the full face turn around Survivor Series when he destroys an entire heel team, cures cancer, and breaks Roman's back Bane-style.

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Also, this build isn't good for those that hate Roman. In the short term yeah, sure its great. However it will lead to Braun being an unstoppable machine that Roman will come back and defeat. Thats how these things work.

Braun now though, its safe to say, is a fan favorite now though.

Last edited:

drazon

Lord Nagafen Raider
Strowman is my hero. Did he really lift that shit without help?

It clearly looks like (if you didn't notice, the camera never shows the left side of the ambulance once he goes around) that something is pulling on the side (At the top) opposite of strowman. Basically, something is pulling to tip it over (probably a winch) opposite of strowman. There is a point where Strowman doesn't keep up and you can see all the pressure goes off his wrist while the ambulance keeps tipping.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
It clearly looks like (if you didn't notice, the camera never shows the left side of the ambulance once he goes around) that something is pulling on the side (At the top) opposite of strowman. Basically, something is pulling to tip it over (probably a winch) opposite of strowman. There is a point where Strowman doesn't keep up and you can see all the pressure goes off his wrist while the ambulance keeps tipping.

Also after the ambulance tips you can see there were blocks or something by the driver side tires.

• 1Like