Sports Entertainment

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Balor isn't even that exciting
I'm sure his shit worked fine when he was wrestling other twinks in the indies but it doesn't translate well to WWE where he's working with guys who are on average 6'4" 250. It goes without saying that some suspension of disbelief is necessary when watching wrestling but the idea someone Balors size could take on someone Reigns size or God forbid Lesnar size is completely laughable to people who are inclined to watch WWE as if it's a simulation of an athletic competition rather than some sort of homoerotic fantasy ballet.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I'm sure his shit worked fine when he was wrestling other twinks in the indies but it doesn't translate well to WWE where he's working with guys who are on average 6'4" 250. It goes without saying that some suspension of disbelief is necessary when watching wrestling but the idea someone Balors size could take on someone Reigns size or God forbid Lesnar size is completely laughable to people who are inclined to watch WWE as if it's a simulation of an athletic competition rather than some sort of homoerotic fantasy ballet.

He had a few good matches with Samoa Joe who is a big guy I just don't like his move set nor the demon gimmick.

They need to pull the trigger on Balor club with Gallows and Anderson (who have #BC on their tights now) and make a stable maybe he can be seen as a threat.

But I agree no way I could see him touching Braun or Lesnar though he does have a clean win over Reigns.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Aaaand Balor is out again. Juiced up Jinder concussed him at Raw last night. Hope it's not too serious, dude cannot catch a break...

He's just really good at selling!

mahal_balor_elbow_360-1.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
He had a few good matches with Samoa Joe who is a big guy I just don't like his move set nor the demon gimmick.

They need to pull the trigger on Balor club with Gallows and Anderson (who have #BC on their tights now) and make a stable maybe he can be seen as a threat.

But I agree no way I could see him touching Braun or Lesnar though he does have a clean win over Reigns.
The Reigns win was at the time he got busted for distance policy so I don't give it much weight. Either way, after this concussion incident he's probably going down into the midcard where he belongs.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Jinder needs to be sent down to NXT for more training. And chill on the 'roids. He obviously can't handle them.
not Jinder's problem that Balor's little twink body can't take a bump without breaking in half. Balor needs to go play with the other lightweight chumps in the cruiserweight division if he can't hang.

• 1Like

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
We get it keg. You're like Vince. You guys like big jacked dudes to jerk off to.

Plus it was a joke. Push that hemorrhoid back in.

• 1Salty

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
We get it keg. You're like Vince. You guys like big jacked dudes to jerk off to.

Plus it was a joke. Push that hemorrhoid back in.
No, I like watching guys who reasonably look like they could kick someone's ass. That does not include dudes who look like they It takes the total package - the look, the charisma, the ring skills - to really win my heart. Not interested in playing make believe and watching some fag who looks like he stepped off the sales floor at a Guess store frolic around the ring.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
I think one of the problems with modern wrestling is how they present smaller guys. I remember being able to mentally justify someone like Brett Hart or Shawn Michaels (both are like 230-240, so they both have 50ish pounds on Balor) could beat a bigger wrestler because of skill, technique and tenacity. They would do something like work a leg and get him on the ground so he couldn't use his superior strength. It made sense to me that a littler guy could win that way.

Today, smaller guys fight big guys like they are big guys too. It takes a big leap in logic to believe a guy like Finn could beat a guy like Mahal in a straight fight.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I think one of the problems with modern wrestling is how they present smaller guys. I remember being able to mentally justify someone like Brett Hart or Shawn Michaels (both are like 230-240, so they both have 50ish pounds on Balor) could beat a bigger wrestler because of skill, technique and tenacity. They would do something like work a leg and get him on the ground so he couldn't use his superior strength. It made sense to me that a littler guy could win that way.

Today, smaller guys fight big guys like they are big guys too. It takes a big leap in logic to believe a guy like Finn could beat a guy like Mahal in a straight fight.
Thats a good point. I wasnt big on Rey Mysterios WWE run but at least he wasnt presented like he could go toe to toe trading blows with heavyweights. He came up with an unconventional moveset relying on speed and agility and that was the story told. Most of it still looked ridiculous but it wasnt quite as big an insult to my intelligence.

Then you have 5'9" 175 Finn Balor going to toe to toe with roided out monster Mahal. Finn manages to get himself KOed by a preplanned forearm shiver. Am i supposed to believe he would be alive for a second in a fight where Jinder is actually trying to hurt him? Lol