Sports Entertainment

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I think the smaller guys lost their speed because everything is so spot heavy now a days. There is no momentum that smaller guys can build anymore so it kinda sucks.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I think one of the problems with modern wrestling is how they present smaller guys. I remember being able to mentally justify someone like Brett Hart or Shawn Michaels (both are like 230-240, so they both have 50ish pounds on Balor) could beat a bigger wrestler because of skill, technique and tenacity. They would do something like work a leg and get him on the ground so he couldn't use his superior strength. It made sense to me that a littler guy could win that way.

Today, smaller guys fight big guys like they are big guys too. It takes a big leap in logic to believe a guy like Finn could beat a guy like Mahal in a straight fight.

HBK was billed at 225, which meant he was probably closer to 210 back then, he also has 3 inches on Finn.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I think the smaller guys lost their speed because everything is so spot heavy now a days. There is no momentum that smaller guys can build anymore so it kinda sucks.

Pretty much this, it's been mentioned many times before that peoples attention spans are minimal now a days. Smaller guys back int he day could have matches that built to something. Now its all about one spot to the next to the next. Hell the last Iron Man match we had was for the womans title and it was only 30min. People want to be spot monkeys now, story telling in the ring is minimal these days.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Show me a time stamp because his current weight is what I said. Also even if somehow I had was incorrect, so were you.

Try harder.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
There is no way Finn is 5'11.

It's weird that we don't think about AJ Styles as a little guy. When he feuded with Dean Ambrose, Dean towered over him. I stood near Dean at Chicago Comic Con last year and he's at least a legit 6'2, so AJ is about 5'9, but he's tough AF, so whatever I guess.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Show me a time stamp because his current weight is what I said. Also even if somehow I had was incorrect, so were you.

Try harder.
This is common sense to anyone with a general understanding of fitness and physiques. At 5'9" someone with his physique will weight in 175-180. I would guess this is a tough concept for a lard monster like yourself to understand. Hes already lying to you big league about his height, do you really lying abiut his weight too is a stretch?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I'm 5'10" and he was taller than I was when I met him. So yes, his height at 5'11" is beliveable.

But internet tuff guy, please continue.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Yeah lets take the morbidly obese fanboy's word for it rather than the dozens of impartial and photo documented accounts on the site I linked.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
There is no way Finn is 5'11.

It's weird that we don't think about AJ Styles as a little guy. When he feuded with Dean Ambrose, Dean towered over him. I stood near Dean at Chicago Comic Con last year and he's at least a legit 6'2, so AJ is about 5'9, but he's tough AF, so whatever I guess.
AJ is even shorter at around 5'8", but at least he has the muscle physique to look somewhat credible.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
He's not a good guy. He's not a bad guy. He's a Roman Reigns guy.

Also, Balor can wrestle some really good matches (see: NXT) when he isn't being absolutely careful as shit because he keeps getting hurt for whatever reason. He doesn't give up too much height/weight to Rollins, anyway, and Styles has already been mentioned here.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Just end the misery. Make this Braun Hogan's show please. He even tore off the tank top and flexed the 24 inch pythons after that match. I am not a Roman hater. I like him. But come on man. The entire fan base is backing Braun.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users