Sports writer kills himself, leaves behind website describing how and why

khalid

Unelected Mod
So is Always Sunny a good show? I tried to watch the first episode and the characters annoyed me.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Just like with any show in the world, skip the first season.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I watched the first 3 seasons or so, and kind of fell away from watching it. Don't get me wrong it was often hilarious, but it's also one of those shows where you often just feel uncomfortable while watching it, because they're all such terrible people.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Maybe they can make a "Its Always Sunny in Saskatoon" remake just for Canada. Where all the characters are just nice to each other.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
haha, I'm not complaining about the show, like I said it's funny and I enjoyed it. It's just that I'm the kind of guy who has a very hard time watching shit like Borat or Bruno, it makes me incredibly uncomfortable and awkward, and for whatever reason Sunny sets that shit off as well.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
rrr_img_43160.jpg

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I watched the first 3 seasons or so, and kind of fell away from watching it. Don't get me wrong it was often hilarious, but it's also one of those shows where you often just feel uncomfortable while watching it, because they're all such terrible people.
That's pretty much why its the best show on TV. They're horrible people, they do horrible things, and in the end, they almost always get their comeuppances.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I'm being misrepresented again it appears. I've said several times that all commodities are not bad, and a commodity and a tool are not equivalent.

and ps: a hippie is not the same thing as a communist, is not the same thing as a Marxist, is not the same thing as a critical theorist. To convolute them is also a misrepresentation.
No one is misrepresenting you, the entire fucking 60s movement was born of the Frankfurt school's being moved to Columbia University after the Nazis shut them down

I'm fully aware of what they are about, you didn't just introduce this phenomenon to me. I don't care about die hard extremism. That's not the only option you have if you ascribe to this notion of manufactured versus genuine experience.
You should care about die hard extremism, as they're the people who tend to work the hardest to make sure their world views get promoted above all others.

Not to mention, you can't escape society and capitalism.
Sure you can.

. If a group of people truly live on an off the grid location growing their own food and being totally self sufficient or close to it, I would be impressed. But hitchhiking? Now you're a slave to the slave who is enslaved by his car
Nah, if no one will pick you up, you just walk until the police stop you (if you're on an interstate).

So is Always Sunny a good show? I tried to watch the first episode and the characters annoyed me.
Best show on TV, really.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You should care about die hard extremism, as they're the people who tend to work the hardest to make sure their world views get promoted above all others.
I meant in terms of this discussion and your insinuation that extremism is the only possible representation of Dumar's concepts. Not in general terms. More out of context absolutism.

Sure you can.
No one's escaping to that, they were born into it. More extreme hyperbole.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I meant in terms of this discussion and you're insinuation that extremism is the only possible representation of Dumar's concepts. Not in general terms, more out of context absolutism.
Dumar is an extremist. He openly advocates for a person who called for violent revolution as a means to an end. That's as extreme as you can get.

Ergo.

The only possible representation of his concepts is an extremist one.

No one's escaping to that, they were born into it. More extreme hyperbole.
Actually most uncontacted tribes remain that way out of choice. Its not like they can't walk into the villages and settle down, they can, in fact some do. But mostly they just come in at night and steal things from modern society they desire like axes and metal pots and then run off back to the village.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
The entirehistory of Americais nothing but a history of violent revolution.
Two wrongs fallacy.

thanks for proving me right though, I appreciate it

Actually let me add one more thing:

I thought the history of America was racism, prejudice, slavery, the destruction and oppression of entire cultures and people and the usurpation of their land for the benefit of whites.

I mean that's what Frankfurt school alums like Howard Zinn taught me.

Are you saying they're wrong?

Dumar_sl

shitlord
Two wrongs fallacy.
You don't just violently revolt: the society and the people of a society have to be ready. I'd use a reference of course, but you'd just label it extremist again. We're not ready, but we're beginning to see the limits of what capitalism can provide for us. And once those limits appear ever closer, that's when we'll see bigger and more grandiose wealth grabs by the wealthy (such as the synthetic market nonsense). Once society is primed by the evidence of its own structural failure, it will come.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
You don't just violently revolt: the society and the people of a society have to be ready. I'd use a reference of course, but you'd just label it extremist again. We're not ready, but we're beginning to see the limits of what capitalism can provide for us. And once those limits appear ever closer, that's when we'll see bigger and more grandiose wealth grabs by the wealthy (such as the synthetic market nonsense). Once society is primed by the evidence of its own structural failure, it will come.
I thought we were seeing the limits of what capitalism could provide back in the 1860s.

Not that any of the stuff you're typing right now is a refutation of the fact that you just appealed, once again, to fallacy to justify your world view.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
I thought the history of America was racism, prejudice, slavery, the destruction and oppression of entire cultures and people and the usurpation of their land for the benefit of whites.
Sure, there's that too, but you had forgotten genocide.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Sure, there's that too, but you had forgotten genocide.
Well, you know, the Native Americans committed genocide on every large animal on the continent, so they kinda had it coming. I mean, after all, they were destroying natural relationships to make commodities out of the flesh of living creatures.

Such evil must be stopped.
why only looked the bad shit?
Because extremist communist.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
The entire history of the world is a history of violent revolution. If you want structural societal change, then it almost always has to be violent. Can it possibly not be? I suppose. But to the entrenched oligarchy of a society brought about by classism, capitalism is working absolutely fantastic for ours.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
The entire history of the world is a history of violent revolution.
Citation required.

Pretty sure the entire history of the world is mostly lava and rocks.

added: I actually love it when people like Dumar made sweeping statements like "The history of history is class struggle" because then you just point out that the history of class struggle really only goes back maybe 5-8000 years or so.

Its like I said before, his view is limited, in scope, space and time. He is only concerned with an extremely finite view of life and human existence, anything outside of that isn't relevant because, well, because he says so, but mostly because it tends to refute his claims.

Most of even human history has nothing to do with class struggle. That's fucking retarded as shit. Class didn't even exist until after agriculture and religion and organized society and written history were developed. There's literally 120,000 years AT MINIMUM of human history that just isn't relevant to him.

But it should be.