Spring 2017 Anime Thread

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
IBO was decent, but I personally liked Seed better. It wasn't as violent as IBO, but there were way more suits. And I liked the areas they fought in.

Gundam Wing -> Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz -> MS 08th Team -> Seed / Seed: Brotherhood -> IBO

But maybe this is also just the order I watched them in, which it is. But I still like Wing the best. I have it on DVD to boot. Bought 1 disc every 3 weeks from Suncoast VIdeo.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
00 and IBO are my favorites, suit number was never a factor for me considering Unicorn(movie series) was glorious.

• 1Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Couldn't stand Wing myself, all the characters were terrible.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Hiro! I'll need to watch it again and see if it's as good as I remember. Probably been 10+ years.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Wing sucked, if you liked Wing, it was either like your first and only Gundam or too much nostalgia.

There wasn't a single likable character.

My personal good ones are Chars Counterattack (but for that you'd have to know the OG series), 8th, 00, Seed and Thunderbolt.

I haven't watch IBO, actually was waiting for it to run its course, now just too busy.

There honestly is more shit than good Gundam.

special nod to Build Fighters, never thought my wife would like a Gundam.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Oh yeah, I forgot about build fighters! That's such a fun series. My daughter LOVES it.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
If I went and re-watched Wing now I'd probably hate it. It was the first one I watched all the way through so it's definitely a case of rose colored glasses.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Maybe, but seriously. How awesome was the Epyon? Such a cool Gundam, just because chain swords are neat.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Build and Try fighters? both enjoyable series - Im tempted to go watch that super bad series i mentioned just b/c ive seen almost all the others - i may DL this 08 gundam i keep seeing mentioned.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I built MOST of it! Haha, then it went in the trash when I moved. Too much shit to bring with.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I like to download stuff so I can watch it at work when things are slow. The better quality is nice and I also will hold one to shows I particularly enjoy.

The only show I'm currently watching that I have yet to find is Little Witch Academia, as it's not on horrible subs. No big loss though.

I am missing Iron Blooded Orphans though. It's the only Gundam show I've watched. Are any other series even close to being that good?

Gundam 00 was baller.

• 1Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
I need to watch 00 sometime, missed it when I was doing my binge of the older Gundam shows a couple years ago.

• 1Like

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Why not use 9anime.to?

IBO is by far my favorite. Aside from the grittiness of it, I liked how suits didn't just explode from getting grazed by a beam.

Seed is good, but Seed Destiny is trash. I would just skip it.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Build and Try fighters? both enjoyable series - Im tempted to go watch that super bad series i mentioned just b/c ive seen almost all the others - i may DL this 08 gundam i keep seeing mentioned.

08th is a good "war" story, if you find out you like 08th, then you should do Thunderbolt, both are short (8eps???), both also take place in the Original MSG, timeline.

00 is on crunchyroll. so I'll probably give that one a shot first.

yea 00 is good, probably better than SEED, in that it takes more chances, however, i feel that SEED characters are more memorable.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
the latest Re: Creators was good. They introduced a Gundam style character into the "real world", and that's always fun. It's unique how the government is pretty much allowing the fictional heroes to solve the problem on their own, as opposed to fixing it themselves, but it's a show. My disbelief has been suspended.

• 1Like