Spring 2017 Anime Thread

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
honestly, not sure. 68/4=17 chapters per episode. story is good though, has 1728 chapters total, rumors have it at 12 episodes for "season 1", if maintaining the ~17per means they'll get to about chapter 204, which is about an 8th of the entire series, and right near the end of volume 3.

manhua is not much farther past the anime.

the story gets really good in the 200-350 range with lots of cool stuff happening in and out of game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I just tore through all 4 episodes of Quan. Wow, this show is great. I'm glad it's not "stuck in the game" style, and instead, just like watching some dude play a 1st person CoD style MMO. It's actually entertaining. Only thing I don't like are the stupid smiles the main character makes all the time.

Here are some download links for you guys.

Episode 1 - https://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=915333
Episode 2 - https://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=917304
Episode 3 - https://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=920357
Episode 4 - https://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=920317 - I had to pause this CONSTANTLY. Chinese is a very fast language, and the subtitles are up only while speaking. You can't read that fast. As a side note, it's a different subtitle group, so the names are different. You can still follow the story without reading the exact names. It's pretty self explanatory.

I actually slowed down the playback speed on Episode 4, it wasn't just the subtitles, the entire animation felt too fast compared to the first few episodes.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
By the time I got to episode 4 I realized that they are reusing a lot of animation sequences.

Also I don't really like the B-tier 3d animation they use to populate the net cafe / charging monster hordes with.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I see that also, but it's easy to look beyond. Mostly because the story is entertaining. If that stops being the case, however...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I saw Kings avatar's

I liked it. I also liked the concept of low level characters in a game, been able to overcome higher level opponents by the use of human skills. Too bad that with nowadays macro keyboard, the combo will be macroed as well.,

• 1Like

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Just got back from seeing Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress both parts at the theater.

Neat stuff, good to watch this on the big screen. Guess they doing this on a monthly basis or something: Anime Movie Night

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I have read all the translated light novel so far (609 chapters translated out of )
What I found a bit strange about the story: He quit his progaming club and starts working and living at an internet cafe right away? As if he was a homeless bum? Also, his boss pays him to sit there all night and play games?

• 1Like

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
lol i'm hoping the whole Ye Qiu and Mucheng looking identical to Kirito and Asuna is some sort of a joke, and not just a blatant Chinese rip off.

Either way, enjoying Quan, though listening to Chinese instead of Japanese is a bit odd at first.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Decent enough Tsuki episode. I really like that part of Kyoto. I've been there twice now, and it's just a gorgeous area. Anywho, it looks like they're both finally done being stubborn, but maybe there's still some more lame shit left, but the series could progress well from this point on. I like it.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The latest Aiz episode didn't really do anything for me. I kept hoping for a finale of Aiz watching Bell beat that monkey thing as his first real boss fight, but no such luck. Instead we get the useless magic bitch giving some plants a little frostbite. Dumb.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I really enjoyed Tales of Zestiria the X as a whole. The final episode was a bit lackluster, however. But the overall story was great. Beautiful animation to boot. The CGI was all top notch.

• 1Like

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I really enjoyed Tales of Zestiria the X as a whole. The final episode was a bit lackluster, however. But the overall story was great. Beautiful animation to boot. The CGI was all top notch.

Does it spoil the story of the game if you watch it?

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I didn't play the game, so I can't confirm or deny that. But they set the series up with a very vague "to be continued..." style.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The game has an absolutely terrible story so I'd hope it's better.

• 1Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
If you haven't played Tales of Berseria it does spoil that a bit(I found out the hard way). Zestiria anime fell apart at the end imo, not that the story in the game was that great but the anime isn't really any better either.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Such a good season. My only disappointment has been Dan Machi Gaiden. =/

Anyone watching The Eccentric Family 2? Its kinda odd, but I really like it, check it out if you haven't seen it (you'll need to watch season 1 though).

• 1Like