Spring 2024 Anime Thread

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Aside from my bitching about the intro, god damn. Some of this shit was spoiled for me a while back but with Ufotable it hardly matters. Among other things I knew the final arc took place in the Infinity Castle but I always assumed they somehow found a way in and attacked him there, I had no fucking idea he just dragged the entire corps in by brute force. Now the wait for the movies is going to be even more unbearable.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Zero def > UBW

What the fuck is there to argue?

iskandar11.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well I'm not gay for Iskandar and I'll definitely place the adaptations of the original F S/N above the prequel (the ones by Ufotable anyway, not the attempts by Studio Deen). The only thing I'll concede to Zero is by far the best EKUSU CALIBAAAAAAAA in the entire franchise.

In fact I'll even put Babylonia over Zero, although I doubt anyone who hasn't played FGO would agree with me.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Oh wow, Nyaa is a whole new world.

No reseeding requirements? Tons of options of entire seasons? The motherload!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
If hes looking for non or less Japanese weirdness in anime it's slim pickings. There are only a handful of Anime that fit that bill every couple years because of Japan's infatuation with prodigious and/or sexualized adolescents.

Some older ones that are good:

Witch Hunter Robin
Hellsing
Samurai Deeper Kyo
Death Note

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'll agree that Zero has the better story/cast than UBW, but UBW has the better fights, still holds up for battle animations. Just top tier.

Would also highly recommend Frieren, it may seem slow, but I promise every episode is better than the previous.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It was a very impressive explosion. As far as if the show is almost over, no idea. But it "feels" like it's getting toward the final portion. Maybe another season or two, though.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
It's all been so good that I don't care what they do. Demon slayer really is just all around great. To many of these style shoes get bogged down with nonsense and start to suck.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Fate/Stay Night is hot garbage carried heavily by the animation quality and the servant characters. Emiya Shirou is one of the worst protagonists in the history of Japanese pop culture, only finding peerage with pieces of shit like the main guy from Love Hina and the orange afro guy from Rage of Bahamut.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I'll agree that Zero has the better story/cast than UBW, but UBW has the better fights, still holds up for battle animations. Just top tier.

Would also highly recommend Frieren, it may seem slow, but I promise every episode is better than the previous.

Wow. Frieren is slooow. I don’t hate it and kind of loved how it starts at the end of a different journey. It’s an interesting change of pace. Definitely going to make it past episode 3 if something interesting happens.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Wow. Frieren is slooow. I don’t hate it and kind of loved how it starts at the end of a different journey. It’s an interesting change of pace. Definitely going to make it past episode 3 if something interesting happens.
do not drop frieren under any circumstance.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Yeah, but he's making his first anime a gold standard. It's like losing your virginity to Pamela Anderson in her prime. It's unlikely you'll reach those levels again. He should start with fucking digimon or something.

• 1Worf