Spring 2024 Anime Thread

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Ishura is absolute nonsense... but entertaining nonsense.

TBH I'm surprised nobody has suggested stuff like spider-chan or vivy. But if he's watching them dubbed, there's a very real chance you'd want to put your eyes out based on the main char's voices alone. I wouldn't know, dubbed is a war crime.

I love battle royale movies and shows and they are all ridiculous fun. I would have mentioned Jigokuraku but I think he would have thought that too ridiculous. I also tried to focus on pure action series with very little cutesy but those are both top notch.

I had a resident who only watched dubbed. I don't miss him, lol?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'll have to put my vote behind Fate/Zero as well, but you should stop after that. The ones after it probably wouldn't be your type.
What? If they were only watching one I'd definitely recommend UBW over Zero. Either that or I'd thrown them straight into the deep end with Oath Under Snow. Miyuverse Shirou = best Shirou

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
What? If they were only watching one I'd definitely recommend UBW over Zero. Either that or I'd thrown them straight into the deep end with Oath Under Snow. Miyuverse Shirou = best Shirou

You’re right about UBW. I have no clue about Oath… hehe

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
It's a parody, probably hard to really appreciate if you haven't watched much anime.

Bitch you better show some goddamn respect to King Arthur, teenybopper my fucking ass.

Secondly she isn't the protagonist. She gets featured a lot on box art because she's the mascot of the entire franchise but she's never been the protagonist of anything.
Surprised Meme GIF

Give Zero a shot. Auturia (she's the summoned spirit of King Arthur) isn't really the protagonist. She's a tool of the actual protagonist. Unlike Stay/Night, Zero is adults except for 1 guy.

Good to know. I'll download 3 episodes and give it a shot once I work through the other five I've been recommended that look good, haha.

[edit] lawl, can't find it to torrent. I guess it's not popular enough/too old? Same goes for Iron Blooded Orphans. Q_Q

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You’re right about UBW. I have no clue about Oath… hehe
Oath Under Snow is the prequel to Into the Loliverse, more commonly known as Prisma Illya, which I wouldn't recommend to anyone but the most hardcore fans of the franchise because it's more than a bit gross at times. Oath Under Snow doesn't have any of weirdly sexualized pre-teens and works well enough as a standalone story.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
For a decent unrelated anime (that's already finished), check out Shokugeki no Soma. AKA - Food Wars. It's a slightly dramatic show about being a well established chef, and going to this culinary school that makes you get out of your comfort zone when cooking. It's silly, but I really enjoyed it.

• 1Worf

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Don't think the guy saying Wind Breaker is too weeby is gonna like Food Wars....

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
PEAK MF'N Demon Slayer - Fuckin episode was so many leagues over anything else that came out this year.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
For a decent unrelated anime (that's already finished), check out Shokugeki no Soma. AKA - Food Wars. It's a slightly dramatic show about being a well established chef, and going to this culinary school that makes you get out of your comfort zone when cooking. It's silly, but I really enjoyed it.

Bro I watched an episode of Food Wars at a buddy’s one night after dinner. Holy shit lmao.

I picture Bubbles on a couch w his body pillow watching Food Wars.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I still dont know what weeby means and refuse to google such a silly word.

People here dont all just use IPT?

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
PEAK MF'N Demon Slayer - Fuckin episode was so many leagues over anything else that came out this year.

Bruh that explosion (you know which one) was probably some of the best animation i've ever seen. That shit was cool as fuck.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Bruh that explosion (you know which one) was probably some of the best animation i've ever seen. That shit was cool as fuck.

It looked real, like some shit off Oppenheimer lol - I didn't read the manga so that ending surprised me - Its like "Just when you thought the season was ending, it did but the fight is just beginning!"

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm impressed at how thoroughly they ruined that incredible entrance from Muzan last episode by spending three fucking minutes of the beginning of this episode running the whole goddamn thing again frame for frame.