Star Trek Beyond (2016)

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
So which one is going to be the worst movie? This, Nemesis or Final Frontier.
Nemesis is the most wrong-headed in tone, Final Frontier has the worst character assassinations, and this is going to be the one most guilty of not being a Star Trek film.

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
How many trillion dollar star ships are they going to let Kirk destroy before starfleet reassigns him to a permanent desk job?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It's possible that this movie will be alright and the trailer just sucks.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
image.png

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Maybe they have a transporter that can not only transport across the galaxy but across time as well so they beam it in from 1980's earth. Sounds about right.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Holy fuck that looks terrible, and the reason why I have no hope for Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Abrams is fucking shit.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Funnily enough, it almost works for that Star Wars trailer. The Star Trek trailer was complete shit.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I thought the first rebooted Star Trek movie absolutely caught the feeling of the first Star Trek movies back in the day, minus some character tweeks like Spock. The second one could have certainly been better, and the corpsesicles being used for cure-anything serum was pretty dumb. It was fine for a movie, and it felt like Star Trek, but it felt like a bad Star Trek episode. And there are most definitely bad Star Trek episodes hah.

Given that they cherry pick the hell out of scenes to toss them into trailers, maybe the entire movie isn't one long X-games in space promo. The first two movies were decent enough not to just toss this one into the trash, but that trailer didn't do a bunch to get me interested in the movie.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I think the biggest problem with the new films is that they are a reboot. People don't like it when you take established characters and change them or the spirit of a franchise. Star Wars doesn't have that same problem with the new films.

I wish they would have just come up with new characters in Star Trek and hell maybe a different ship. They really have taken a good franchise and just turned it into an action flick every 3 years.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
They just broke all the Holy Laws regarding Star Trek when they did these reboots. The show was always about difficult moral narratives/choices with a strong focus on the friendship and interpersonal relationships of the crew. They washed away the former, and replaced the latter with cheesy comic relief and endless action sequences. Star Trek was 90% drama and 10% action, and they've reversed this formula. Then throw out tension based capitol ship like space combat and replace it with endless mind-numbing 21st century Last Starfighter schlock and a horny Spock, and voila a reboot for the modern Adderal mongoloid and his GF that gets wet when Zach plants one on Uhura.