Star Trek Beyond (2016)

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The rest of the trailer I can kinda deal with but what the fuck with the motorcycle?

khorum

Murder Apologist
If someone paid you to make a trailer that would bridge the gap between Star Trek and Fast and Furious, you can't really do any better than that.

Mahes

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
At what point do they stop naming star ships the Enterprise? It has to be a bad luck assignment by now right? Gets blown up in every damn movie.
I think the new Enterprise should be painted red at this point.

I actually enjoyed the new Reboot for the Beastie Boys music video. It had kind of a Star Trek theme to it. Hollywood reboots everything else, so why wouldn't older bands remake thier music videos?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The rest of the trailer I can kinda deal with but what the fuck with the motorcycle?
rrr_img_119951.jpg

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The intersteller teleporter in the second one, really jumped the shark, it totally took me out of the movie, and destroyed any enjoyment I had in it.
This. Interstellar transporters would completely change the entire galaxy. They should have been less concerned with catching Khan and more concerned with mass producing the technology he used to transport himself all the way from Earth to Q'onos.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
This. Interstellar transporters would completely change the entire galaxy. They should have been less concerned with catching Khan and more concerned with mass producing the technology he used to transport himself all the way from Earth to Q'onos.
Ehhh I agree to some degree but on the other hand this happens ALL the time in Trek. Time Warp, TransWarp, Genesis, actually raising the shields, etc. Part of the charm is that they are so advanced they don't even want to win without losing half a ship of red-shirts.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
You still post here?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Maybe they're bridging a different gap. That's the same song that played in the 1st Star Trek movie, when the captain was a kid stealing his step dad's car and driving it off a cliff.

*shrugs*

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
The only gap they're bridging is the split between people who liked the reboot idea and people who didn't by making everyone agree that this Star TreXXXtreme crap is an abomination worthy of Lovecraft's worst nightmares.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Imagine how hard Justin Lin must've fought to get Vin Diesel in this movie. I bet they snuck in a CGI Paul Walker to make him happy.

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
was at work when I started reading the thread so had the sound off. A bunch of alien races thrown together on a planet, Enterprise destroyed. "I know why you're here" and sabotage playing in the background.. The music choice is pretty obvious and not nearly as "oofta" when taken into context..

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I can remember seeing the trailer for 'Star Trek - Nemisis' and when I saw them driving around in a 4WD dune buggy, I was like:

"Nope, not going to see that!! Who puts a dune buggy in a Star Trek movie, Jesus!"

And this one has a motocross bike . . . reaction about the same.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Who is playing the white navi in this? I swear I thought it WAS Zoe. girl is doing a Zoe/Neytiri impression..
Boutella. The girl who was playing Gazelle (the razorblade legs girl) in Kingsman.
Justin Lin. It's Fast and Furious in space.
Yea. What could possibly go wrong?
So is the premise of this supposed to be all these people from various planets have been forcibly gathered on some sort of perpetual combat world for reasons? Is that why it's called ST Beyond? Beyond -> Beyonder -> Secret Wars ?
When I heard "The frontier fights back", I was "what? Are they really jumping to remaking The Final Frontier?"

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Wasn't Sabotage the song from the first Star Trek when Pine stole the car and drove it off the cliff as a kid?

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Never really liked Star Trek that much with all the deus ex machina bullshit. TNG was pretty good and I liked the cast but the original never connected with me. Will watch this like the others expecting an action flick.

I can understand the hate though. If I would have seen a trailer like that for Star Wars I would have fucking lost my shit.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So which one is going to be the worst movie? This, Nemesis or Final Frontier.