Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

spronk

FPS noob
May 2017 is going to be insane - Guardians of the Galaxy 2 opens May 5th, Terminator Genisys 2 is May 19th (DA FUQ), and Star Wars Episode 8 is May 26th. The previous month has Fast and the Furious 8.

A month later is Kingsman 2, Wonder Woman, and Uncharted the movie. A few weeks later is Pirates of the Carribean 54, Planet of the Apes XL, a new Christopher Nolan movie, and another Spider Man reboot.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'll save you the trouble: Terminator whatever number will be shit, Wonder Woman will fail as hard as Batman vs Supes, a lot of us didn't even see the last apes, and Uncharted won't even be as successful as Warcraft.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Pretty sure terminator is on hold since it sucks dick and GOTG2 will get eaten by Starwars. GoTG will prob see spill over from SW just like the other shit movies have been getting

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Disney will move ether GotG2 or SW8 to a different release date.

They wont have two franchises they own compete head to head like that. I would expect at least a six week gap between the two movies.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Actually the better question is what the hell are they lining up for christmas 2017 if they gotbothEp8 and GOTG2 premiering in the summer?

Are they making and end-run for ruling the media universe with Frozen 2?

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
I've tried getting into the Clone Wars cartoon as I've heard many good things about it, but I can't get past my aggressive dislike of the art style/animation.
My advice...give it a good shot. You get used to it. They generally do things in 2,3, or 4 story arcs. If an arc doesn't interest you, just skip it. There is some seriously awesome stuff in the 6ish seasons they did, and there are a few absolute clunkers. Give it a good go, its worth it.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
I think the best part is you really see the slower progression of Anakin towards the dark side. Prequels make it seem like he turned over in a day, but in the Clone Wars he is angry all the time, very offensive, choking people etc and generally doing shit he isnt supposed to be doing. So when he finally goes bad it gives it a bit more weight. Also lots of cool Force Lore

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
I tried Clone Wars, but it felt like a show made for 8 year olds (pretty sure I remember each episode actually having a "moral of the episode" kinda thing) and I dropped it after a handful of episodes. Do they age it up a bit later on?

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
to an extent, yes. they always broadcast that message at the beginning that they play to for the episode, but in later (season 3 forward) they don't bog down on it. The themes become much more serious. Above all else, I would recommend seeing enough to understand the dynamic between Ahsoka and Anakin throughout, her growth and change (she was one of the most annoying characters ever at the start, now one of my favorite in the Star Wars universe). Then make sure you watch the (I think) 5 or 6 episode arc in season 6ish when Ahsoka gets framed for a murder. Its really the best of the series and sets up Anakin's disconnect with the Jedi moving into episode 3. Plus, its heavy on Asaaj Ventress and shes the fucking shit.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Disney will move ether GotG2 or SW8 to a different release date.

They wont have two franchises they own compete head to head like that. I would expect at least a six week gap between the two movies.
I dunno. There's a advantage to having them that close together. With Star Wars coming out 3 weeks later it could generate spillover into GOTG2 for a week or two from people walking up for tickets only to find they are sold out. Star Wars did that this time around and we still have show times selling out for it here.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Clone Wars season 1 was rough, the art style had not yet fully gelled and it was indeed overly preachy and Ahsoka was kinda a brat. The series matured a lot in season 2, however, especially when they started really turning things toward an anthology style format where they had a single plot arc across however many episodes they felt it needed and focused on different characters at different times. Some of the best stories focused on the Clones themselves and for large chunks of the series we see neither Anakin nor Obi-Wan. The biggest problem with Clone Wars is that overall it is higher quality storytelling than the two prequel films it bridges...it certainly makes Episode III in particular look bizarre as Anakin is a much more fleshed out character in the animated series.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'd totally put Frozen 2 up against Avatar tho.

Poor avatar.
Honestly it could work out well for both. The market thats going to see frozen 2 probably is not a direct match for the ones going to see avatar although you may poach some parents taking kids to frozen.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Jurassic World is counting China. TFA doesn't open in China till the 9th.

Of course with a Female Lead and Darth Daquan as her boyfriend it might not do too well in China.
Yup once it starts showing in china I expect it to really eclipse jurassic world.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Same here. As much hate as the Ewoks get online, they were not universally hated even by adults at the time. Chicks/moms/kids loved them when the movie came out. In retrospect sure its a cheesy marketing grab. But they were never met with nearly the scorn that Jar-Jar was.
Ewoks also were not major characters for the most part they were an obstacle at first and later an object of sympathy as the empire was ripping them up. Jar Jar and gungans were just a terrible idea terribly implemented. I still wish lucas went with the original idea though for jedi of instead of ewoks having them be wookies on kasyyk.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Instead of people going to Star Wars 8 in order to see that bastard Kylo get what he deserves for killing Han people will instead be deciding if they want to go see Rey beat on her bitch Kylo some more.

I don't see how some of you guys don't understand the problem the above creates for the next movie.
I just pray the third movie is not a Rei/finn/kylo love triangle as kylo gets all moody and edgy and falls back to the light side for rei. Although that boy clearly could use a woman who can beat the emo out of him.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Rei/Finn/Kylo? You mean Rei/Finn/Poe? Also is she really Rei in the japanese version? That would be hilarious.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Finn has already been shut out of the love triangle. Kiss on the forehead = friendzoned