Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
its a good excuse, but its its also fucking stupid for him to be flying an old plane at his age.
Harrison Ford handled that situation just fine. Age was irrelevant since he was not doing anything that created accessive G-force. The plane had a bad day. It can happen, and when it does you make do with the situation as best as you are able.Considering he got out of that situation as well as he did, is something to consider when you think about his piloting skills. The only concern should be whether or not he properly pre-flight checked the air plane. If not, then yes he might need to stop as that should be something that is always done.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
also, the age of the plane is irrelevant. planes are not cars. lights turn on on the dashboard and you casually mull it over in your head if you want to spend the cash to get it looked at. A plane gets looked at before and after every flight regardless of whether or not it could use a tune up. If you're in some backwater airport in tanzania, then that's different. but in the states, your plane is getting looked at.

that doesn't mean mechanical failure isn't an option. any number of things can go wrong mechanically when you put a metal contraption with hundreds of moving parts into the air at over a hundred miles an hour. it just means that a 20 year old plane is VERY different than a 20 year old car.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I think unless you're under 18 that's everyone's point of view. Even Abrams.

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
CC1yxO6VAAAtq0j.jpg

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Unless he is murdering jedi then nope. His son needs to redeem him. Not some blue haired idiot

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Unless he is murdering jedi then nope. His son needs to redeem him. Not some blue haired idiot
I agree. Unless they really just want 2 seasons, putting the Emperor's right hand man into the mix just seems like a very bad idea.

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
"force is strong in my family" sounds like the same recording, inflections on sound identical to me

"my father has it" is different

"i have it" sounds like the same recording, inflections on sound identical to me

"my sister has it" hard to tell, lots of additional background sounds on new trailer to be sure
The more I listen to it, I think I'm actually leaning more towards your explanation at this point.

The "my father has it" part is 100% a new recording. It is not the same as in ROTJ and it does not sound like Hamill either. On the other hand, I think you're right, in that the rest of the voice over is Hamill's voice being lifted directly from ROTJ or was re-recorded by Hamill.

We know that "Rey" is not the real name, or is at least not the FULL name for Daisy Ridley's character. See the below photo from the recent Star Wars celebration where the speeder is referred to as "Kira's Bumber Car".

Star-Wars-Celebration-Anaheim-2015-501-Belgian-Garrison-Kira-Bumper-Car-001.jpg

My bet is that "Rey" is likely the middle name.

Kira Rey Solo is in hiding on Jakku from her deranged brother Kylo Ren Solo.

I still think Domhnall Gleeson's character will end up being the son of Luke.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
=\ They're putting Vader prominently in Season 2 of the animated tv show. Can't say I agree with that.

https://www.facebook.com/StarWars.UK...type=2&theater
He's prominent in the trailer, that doesn't guarantee how many episodes he's actually going to be in. The inquisitor was only in like 4 episodes of season 1, despite being featured very heavily in the trailers for season 1. Also season 2 is going to be something like twice as many episodes supposedly, so we're looking at mid 20s. Spoiler is for the finale of Rebels season 1.

You couldn't have Vader's former padawan show up without Vader himself showing up too. I hope he isn't featured too heavily because you know nothing major can happen to him in Rebels, since he has to go on to be in the original trilogy. Same with Tarkin, but he was never directly involved in any action. Vader engaging Ezra, Kanan, and maybe even Ahsoka in lightsaber combat is very different from Tarkin just kinda being there as background fluff.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Embedded version:

Vader turning up to kill the shit out of the Rebels as the Emperor's right hand man seems reasonable enough to me.
he was prominent in the previous iteration of the rebels forming (starkiller, force unleashed) and look how awful that turned out.

Cybsled

Ya, I figured the biggest push for a RL BB-8 was the theme parks and possible toys. If he is popular, they need to have a physical manifestation of it for marketing and promotional purposes.