Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
What the fuck? He was one of the Jedi Masters who went to arrest Palpatine. They all died, with zero ambiguity.

People are fucking stupid.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Isn't she the one who died like bitch without even putting up a fight and then the troopers just kept blasting her dead body as the camera panned away?

At least that Cerean nerd managed to take a couple with him.

rrr_img_97751.jpg

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Isn't she the one who died like bitch without even putting up a fight and then the troopers just kept blasting her dead body as the camera panned away?

At least that Cerean nerd managed to take a couple with him.

rrr_img_97751.jpg
Yeah. But they at one point seriously thought about cutting the scene and letting her come back. But ya know...those movies killed the franchise.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
they're all tits up. no one saw Luminara die, bring her back she was the shit.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
they're all tits up. no one saw Luminara die, bring her back she was the shit.
*Edit* guess I don't need spoiler tags anymore since McQueen blurted it out.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or if you genuinely haven't watched Rebels, but they show her corpse when the crew tries to rescue her. She died on Kashyyyk to Order 66. Now the story collection where she died is technically no longer canon, but Quinlan Vos surviving Order 66 on Kashyyyk is canon because they're writing a new book about him and Ventress. It's likely that at some point in the book he'll talk about what happened during Order 66, at which point Luminara's death will become unambiguously canon again.

Unless you're being sarcastic, in which case screw you for making me write all that.

I'd be more interested in seeing them do more with her padawan Barriss, who should have have been cast out of the Jedi Order and imprisoned by the Republic. Of course, that probably would have just meant she would have been facing the execution she tried to set Ahsoka up for, but maybe Palpatine would have seen her disillusionment with the order and spared her life to use her in some way.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Dammit I forgot that Gavinmad. My bad.
p.s. Luminara is literally the only prequel figure I opened. I had her figure sitting on my work desk for like 4 years until I had to move and lost her.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
She's only like 99% dead by the events of Rebels. When Dark Disciple comes out she'll be back to 100% dead :p

Itzena_sl

shitlord
I'd be more interested in seeing them do more with her padawan Barriss, who should have have been cast out of the Jedi Order and imprisoned by the Republic. Of course, that probably would have just meant she would have been facing the execution she tried to set Ahsoka up for, but maybe Palpatine would have seen her disillusionment with the order and spared her life to use her in some way.
One of the Inquisitors in S2 of Rebels is female and masked, don't forget.
wink.png

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
One of the Inquisitors in S2 of Rebels is female and masked, don't forget.
wink.png
See now if she was fighting Ahsoka again and pulled off the mask for a big reveal, that would make me squee almost as much as I did when they first revealed Ahsoka at the end of s1.

On a semi-related note, I was pretty excited for Dark Disciple until I found out the author is a woman whose main writing credits are some of the old Ravenloft fiction, some of the Warcraft fiction books, and one book in the Fate of the Jedi series before it was cancelled when Disney pulled the plug on all the old fiction. The blurb for the book also suggested there will be a romantic subplot between Ventress and Vos. This book is going to be terrible.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Christie Golden? Her Warcraft books were about the only ones worth the paper they were printed on, so it might be better than you'd expect.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'll admit I had a soft spot for the old Ravenloft fiction, generally speaking it was far better than any of the other DnD fiction settings. Maybe I'll withhold judgement until the book is out.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
I hope this movie has a bad-ass Twi'lek force user. They're adequately represented in the games but don't appear much in the movies