Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Tlj is doing bad because of dindu

And chubby asian

Look ok, she's ugly, not mutoid ugly, but she should not be in the leading chink role in a star wars movie, actually she's the first chink... And they choose her.

A fat ugly TAWIEANESE!!!!! Chick

Oh and Finn is an ugly dindu too, he ain't no denzel

The hot sister is a famous Vietnamese actress also.

Asians are all the same in Hollywood! Let's take some random hot Vietnamese actress and have her sister be the ugliest Taiwanese we can fucking find. Winning formula.

All the hot asian actresses have crazy nose jobs anyway. That kind of annoys me.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The hot sister is a famous Vietnamese actress also.

Asians are all the same in Hollywood! Let's take some random hot Vietnamese actress and have her sister be the ugliest Taiwanese we can fucking find. Winning formula.

All the hot asian actresses have crazy nose jobs anyway. That kind of annoys me.
She's the evil elf in bright

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
XvhfLtC.png

• 4Worf
  • 2Picard
  • 2Barf
Reactions: 7 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Holy fucking shit was this a monumental pile of retarded dog shit. Youre all faggots for having seen it and I need to go kill myself to atone for having seen it myself.

• 7Solidarity
  • 4Worf
Reactions: 10 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Just literally got done declining a viewing tonight. These 2 younger couples had not seen it yet. T'was a #Proudboy moment, politely declining.

I pushed Jumanji hard. One of the couples was already pushing Jumanji anyway (no surprise) This is the 20-25 yr old demo.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
They trashed luke's story and the Jedi simply to reach a place where everyone can have lightsaber type weapons, because they will sell more toys... peeps dig lightsabers you know ;) Douchebag red guard was just a preview.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
So what’s the current theory as to why this garbage has criminally high ratings from critics?

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Douchebag red guard was just a preview.

Hand held weapons that could be used to fight against lightsabers are certainly nothing new. It was a concept introduced in the some of the games with cortosis weave enhanced weapons. And of course the prequels featured the magnaguards with electrostaves that could do the same. The weapons in the ST we've seen so far that can be used in that way seem to be variations on the later.

Last edited:

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So what’s the current theory as to why this garbage has criminally high ratings from critics?
Disneys dick tastes like $100 bills.

This movie was just so bad. Rogue one was better than this.

• 3Solidarity

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures

They've all been bought off. Didn't you know?

Of course that doesn't explain why tent pole movies from the major studios don't all get rave reviews from critics across the board. They're not all as large as Disney but still large enough to throw some money around to critics that are inclined to put their opinions up for sale. Heck some of them like Warner Brothers are parts of even larger media giants than Disney, so they can both afford it as well as curry favor through access and then cow the remaining holdouts.

Or TLJ is just another movie where the prevailing opinion of the critics doesn't line up with a particular segment of the general audience (which seems to be fairly split on the movie, without quibbling over just how split). It happens with some regularity, in both directions.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Rian Johnson's entire instagram is members of the media and media event days and selfies with media guys during the press tour.

His. Entire. Instagram. If you let Rian sit down 1 on 1 with you and explain the entire movie and creative process you would be talked into a 10/10, and if you are a really hard sell then a hand-shake and video selfie and tag/shoutout of your nobody self on his social media profile will absolutely seal the deal. I don't give a fuck what you think of the guy. He directed a Star Wars movie. Him spending time with you is going to be a big deal.

And you are still wondering about TLJ reviews? He just about hauled off to the cemetery and tried to snap a picture with Ebert.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Douchebag red guard was just a preview.

I'm pretty sure that Finn wielding a lightsaber and fending off one of the "great force powers to ever exist" with no force sensitivity of his own was the preview. TLJ was a stinker but the red guard was not as stupid as that scene in TFA was.

• 3Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm pretty sure that Finn wielding a lightsaber and fending off one of the "great force powers to ever exist" with no force sensitivity of his own was the preview. TLJ was a stinker but the red guard was not as stupid as that scene in TFA was.
Finn using the lightsaber 2 times (!!) was pretty dumb imo

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
The progressivism shoved down your throat probably had a lot to do with it. Fagboy journalists get off on that shit. The Disney machine is also more powerful and more entrenched in the media than ever before.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Two years ago when I pointed out how completely nonsensical the entire ending sequence in VII was I distinctly remember having gaggles of retards calling me an idiot for not picking up on the "secret training" Rey had received at some point in her life and how Finn had received lightsaber weapons training despite being a guy who mops the floors. I should really go dig up the quotes and put these people to shame.

• 4Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Hand held weapons that could be used to fight against lightsabers are certainly nothing new. It was a concept introduced in the some of the games with cortosis weave enhanced weapons. And of course the prequels featured the magnaguards with electrostaves that could do the same. The weapons in the ST we've seen so far that can be used in that way seem to be variations on the later.

Everyone will have glowbats soon !

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I'm kind of surprised at the amount of people who don't seem to understand that Rey was one of the trainees with Luke when Kylo went on the killing spree. The flashbacks/visions she had all were specific to her. She saw herself in front of the Knights of Ren, being given away as a 5 year old, and even herself in the forest which became the setting for the final lightsaber fight. I feel like this was spelled out pretty clearly throughout the movie. Everything that happened between her and Kylo was the force awakening in her.

Saw it for the second time today, and it was better the second time. Things I missed because of the excitement first time I caught. People are still missing that Rey had training before being abandoned, whether Keg calls me a dickhole or not. There are multiple times in this movie that it is implied or straight up put in your face that Rey was one of Luke's students. Yet people are saying she magically picked up force abilities. It sprinkled throughout this thread. During Kylo's interrogation of her, I'm pretty certain that by the end he recognizes who she is from before the massacre of Luke's students. The awakening was within her is the entire point.

I see a lot of people talking about how there was a lot of things unanswered or uncertain in this movie. As someone who saw all the originals in the theater as a kid, with three years in between movies, some of my fondest memories growing up were the talks I would have with my friends about "what do you think...". One of the biggest issues with the prequels to me was that Lucas spelled absolutely fucking everything out explicitly, and answered every question he could think of (where did Boba Fett come from...fuck I was happier not knowing). I've already had more in depth conversations with my friends and my nephews about what we think is happening moving forward from this movie that I ever did with my friends after any of the prequels.

The old gen Ties didn't have any protection. Finn and Poe stole a Tie Elite next gen Tie Fighter. The ones with the red arm leading to the left wing. They have gunner seats, some shielding although very little, and limited hyperspace capability. Just nerd stuff, but true.

Lets revisit this when its shown in the next couple movies that Rey was already training with Luke when Kylo cleaned house killed everyone, except her. There are so many hints to this in the movie, it amazes me that people aren't picking it up. Maybe if it was spelled out like fucking absolutely everything was in the prequels you love, you would have gotten it. Fuck off.

maxresdefault.jpg

• 6Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

spronk

FPS noob

TLJ was in many ways an Anti star wars movie, doing things that subverted typical star wars tropes - good and evil is absolute, good always wins, etc. Critics love shit that is different, not necessarily good. Most critics probably have little star wars in their bones, so they don't care about the things TLJ overturns. The fact that women were the stars and men were all idiots really warmed the hearts of critics. The introduction of the brave fat heroine Rose who happens to not be white added 2 points. All that turned to make this a 90% on RT.

Contrast that with Bright which got savaged by critics,obviously isn't the great movie ever made but doesn't do anything really with race, semi stereotypes orcs as gang banging blacks but does absolutely nothing with racial identity, and just tells a pretty standard action story with no political or social message and you really get a sense that a lot of critics nowadays just care about getting people to watch movies that have a social message.

y0rg4bx72q701.jpg

Last edited:
  • 4Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Quick note, just saw. Catching up on thread.

For those mad about Luke towards the end, remember he didntbdecide to get involved until after the falcon left, and he had no way of leaving since he sank his x wing