Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
No way. We would have had a trailer by now. Disney owns the fucking xmas holiday movie scene... They are going to turn Christmas and december into star wars month from now until eternity and build a tradition around people seeing SW movies in December.

It is known.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
I've seen the 40th anniversary argument made before. That's the only one I give a smidgen of weight to, and just a smidgen.

Disney can't re-release the originals. Fox still owns the distro rights to those (and will until 2020, except Ep IV which they have permanent rights to).

Personally I think they'll stick to the current schedule.
I actually paused thinking along the same lines, although I understood it to be only ep4 being the only one under Fox's control still and I figured they could make an agreement that would benefit both parties on that one movie. Was a longshot but when I heard it laid out I actually thought it was a real possibility. Guardians 2 coming out the same month gives me greater pause than anything else.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
No way. We would have had a trailer by now. Disney owns the fucking xmas holiday movie scene... They are going to turn Christmas and december into star wars month from now until eternity and build a tradition around people seeing SW movies in December.

It is known.
except they have Han Solo 1 slated for May 2018. They intend to lock down both at their discretion I think. That's real power.

edit: also, a trailer by now would confuse people with Rogue One in December. You start the media onslaught in mid to late February. If I was playing devils advocate. But you are probably right really.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
except they have Han Solo 1 slated for May 2018. They intend to lock down both at their discretion I think. That's real power.

If I had to bet on a shifting around in the current slate, I'd put my money down on Solo getting pushing to Dec 2018.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Well my guess is once the machine gets rolling we see 2 star wars movies a year. 1-2 Star wars stories, and 1 Trilogy movie. Star wars stories could become the next MCU. Disney knows how to slowly ramp this up.

Confirmed Bob Iger Below

hqdefault.jpg

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I've seen the 40th anniversary argument made before. That's the only one I give a smidgen of weight to, and just a smidgen.

Disney can't re-release the originals. Fox still owns the distro rights to those (and will until 2020, except Ep IV which they have permanent rights to).

Personally I think they'll stick to the current schedule.
How come Fox has permanent rights for the 1st movie?

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Potential spoiler revealed by Mark Hamill today, although in my opinion not at all surprising...

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
So is the spoiler that he lives to be in Episode IX? Because he could be a force ghost too.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
It could be anything... they're going have a bit until they film again and it's not like they won't have access to the greatest make up artists in the world that can make him look like whatever they want... he could be making room for a new face piece/mask due to an injury he faces in VIII... I just don't think this is anything more than Hamil having a little fun at our expense but it certainly stirs the conversation a bit. He could even decide to travel back to whatever planet/base and simply decide to shave an give up his hermit status lol. I love this though... awesome to have stuff like this drop for the fans. Really loved what they did with Thor recently on YouTube.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
"He is also said to be the father of Kylo Ren." what a shitty fucking article. Why are you even linking conspiracy BS with a line like that?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
although its completely unnecessary, I could see them doing some sort of flashback to what caused the split between Ben and his parents. I actually think it could really add some emotional impact to the story now that I think about it. Wouldn't surprise me, but yeah that article is complete clickbait garbage.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I already know everything that will happen in the next two movies. Should I spoiler it all for everyone? Be warned, you won't have to watch them after you read my two spoilers.

Episode 8 and 9. Kylo Ren completes his training and conversion completely to the dark side after he killed his father, Han Solo. He is named "Darth Lidicus". His goal is to realign the empire and continue his lineage as Darth Vader's Grandson. Which also includes a subplot to overthrow Snoke. Late in Episode 8 before the credits roll, it is revealed who snoke is. Vader.

Rey obviously begins her training with Luke Skywalker after Luke gets a visit from Yoda (Ghost) and Yoda explains to Luke that the dark side is more powerful now than ever before and driven from an unseen force which puts the previous emperor to shame. Throughout the training, Rey finds out she is the half sister of Kylo Ren. Han Solo had an affair, which led to the divorce which will be explained in the movie once the twist begins. However, Snoke, isn't Snoke. Snoke is Vader (As mentioned above - and you can actually see this as you notice the scar marks on the forehead of Snoke and everything resembles Vader when he took his mask off in Return of the Jedi.) Vader was brought back to life by None other than... You guessed it. Darth Plagueis. He never died. He was manipulating the strings the entire time and trying to gain control of the one true family born of the force. Everything else, including the other movies, were just a side attraction as he gained power and influence over them from different vantages.

The movie ends with Plagueis, Vader, and Kylo Ren in a battle for the ultimate control of the sith. Kylo and Plagueis die. Vader, comes full circle, and destroys what's left of the Jedi once and for all.

The end.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Plinkett dropped a deuce. Oh God, I'm literally shitting on star wars.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users