Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Yeah Driver has some really exaggerated features. You want to draw the eye away from his nose, not to it.

Abrams probably figured fuck it, he'll be in a mask most of the time anyway. Which itself is kinda dumb. You don't cast a reasonably talented actor and keep him behind a motionless mask three-quarters of the time he's on screen.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
dav.jpg

• 2Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
I really wish they never had Kylo remove his mask.

I agree and disagree. It would've been awesome to have him be a masked man the entire series, but Driver can act and they really wanted an emo twatty character, so they had to show it. Man it would've been great to have him go 3 movies without removing the mask though. But then they would've just had him voice over like James Earl Jones probably.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
The poster for this film is sooooooo amazingly great. Seriously one of the best Movie posters in a very long time.

MV5BOTE5NzYyNjM0Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjk4MDIwMjI@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,674,1000_AL_.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I really wish they never had Kylo remove his mask.
Like i said before, it would bring more impact IF he only removed his mask when he faced his father. Doing that with Rey didn't make any sense at all.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Very cool. Very cool. For me, personally, personally, I just think that's very cool.

At least it's not orange and blue. It's not a bad movie poster.
The poster has some great vistas....

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
It's so dense, every layer has so much going on. They may have gone a little too far in places...

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Like i said before, it would bring more impact IF he only removed his mask when he faced his father. Doing that with Rey didn't make any sense at all.

There was no way to convey his dismay when Rey was able to turn the tables on him and pull some information from his mind if he's wearing that mask. I suppose it could have been attempted with voice ques but it wouldn't have been nearly as effective and would have undermined the imposing visage effect of the mask anyway, seeing him made vulnerable like that while wearing it. They'd have been better off ditching the scene altogether rather than try to pull it off with his face hidden.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
The face reveal in that scene and Rey's visible confusion were to show that he was just a young person like she is and not some kind of monster. That whole scene was differentiating him from Vader, Rey saying that he was scared he would never live up to Darth Vader was a great line, very meta!

• 1Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
What the fuck is his motivation though? Can someone explain why he's fighting himself to be a gigantic piece of shit who kills everyone?

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What the fuck is his motivation though? Can someone explain why he's fighting himself to be a gigantic piece of shit who kills everyone?

I think it's the same reason why skinny, asthmatic kids who are bullied in highschool fantasize about, "making the jocks pay."

• 2Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I agree and disagree. It would've been awesome to have him be a masked man the entire series, but Driver can act and they really wanted an emo twatty character, so they had to show it. Man it would've been great to have him go 3 movies without removing the mask though. But then they would've just had him voice over like James Earl Jones probably.

This. Coming off of Hunger Games and Divergent, which this movie is aimed directly at, the mask was coming off. He was casted specifically to be an emo twat. That was a foregone conclusion at the casting call.

The mask coming off was never not a thing. Can't believe its still a topic post-casting. smh lol

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I think it's the same reason why skinny, asthmatic kids who are bullied in highschool fantasize about, "making the jocks pay."
Oh, do we get an awesome flashback montage of him being the little shit outcast in Luke's Jedi summer camp and then killing everyone because they were mean to him (because of his nose)?

Awesome, real original shit here, can't wait.

• 1Like

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh, do we get an awesome flashback montage of him being the little shit outcast in Luke's Jedi summer camp and then killing everyone because they were mean to him (because of his nose)?

Awesome, real original shit here, can't wait.

39f4936eb05e452f3f14b501686b1b8e_44751918jpg-angry-elf-meme_400-400.jpe

Nothing is original. People just tell stories in good ways or bad ways. Chill.

• 3Like

iannis

Musty Nester
Teenage rebellion is his motivation.

Love it, hate it, that's what it is. Grandad was METAL. Eventually little kylo realized that it doesn't take Han five years to go buy a pack of smokes.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Teenage rebellion is his motivation.

Love it, hate it, that's what it is. Grandad was METAL. Eventually little kylo realized that it doesn't take Han five years to go buy a pack of smokes.

DID HE GET RICKY BOBBY'D?

• 3Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Eventually little kylo realized that it doesn't take Han five years to go buy a pack of smokes.

LMAO this got me off guard.

The casting was so young compared to the OT. The ages are the same, but man, Leia at 19 isn't Rey at 19. I do realize Rey is not supposed to have anywhere near the maturity of Leia. George talks Leia's casting at Star Wars Celebration.

I do miss having a visionary in control of he project. I still haven't figure out what Kathleen Kennedy's vision is, but I'm sure we'll find out when Ep 8 drops.

You guys keep talking directors but they only have so much creative control over the arc-- gross gross understatement.

Last edited:
  • 1Like