1 billion, 1 chin in Expanded Universe Hutt currency

Lucas Chin.jpg

See how look good you will when you stack 5.2 chins ahummmmm

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Ever since Rogue One every time I see that bag of meat draped around his neck I hear Forest Whittaker say "Bor Gullet".

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Agreed the poster and marketing looks awesome so far, if they do age the concept of the base story and give Luke a darker tone in this it will easily be my favorite.

I've always thought the best stories were ones where the hero wasn't a true hero but a dark antihero if that makes sense.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Royal

What the fuck is his motivation though? Can someone explain why he's fighting himself to be a gigantic piece of shit who kills everyone?

I don't think we were ever going to find out entirely in the first part of the trilogy. We do know that idolizing Grandaddy Darth is a part of it though.

• 1Like

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Ever since Rogue One every time I see that bag of meat draped around his neck I hear Forest Whittaker say "Bor Gullet".

LOL glad I'm not the only one.

I'm really leaning towards Rey being Luke's daughter from the perspective that:

1. Anakin
2. Leia
3. Emo Ren

1. Anakin
2. Luke
3. Rey

And somehow, it'll come full circle and Rey & Darth Emo will bring closure/balance to the force (how remains to be seen).

Caliane

I'm leaning more towards Rey being related to Obi-Wan.
Disney execs: "so what you are saying is by making her Obi-wan's granddaughter, we can make ANOTHER solo obi-wan movie, featuring HIM and this lost lover. AND, then make ANOTHER movie featuring Obi-wans lost son/daughter, he never knew about. Fund it."

frankly this is probalby the answer if for only that reason alone. it guarantees 2 more movies to explain it.

• 1Like

Royal

You can get that two movie play off of the Rey as a Palpatine theory as well though.

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Leaning towards Rey being a Darth clone created by Palpatine or Plagueis (Snoke) with the intent of making a more perfect Vader they could mold from youth, but the force intervenes and makes it a female and the Sith are not down with this and throw her on a desert planet with fat boy so that they can instead mold Vader's grandson. The clone theory is the only one that explains Rey's power, skills, visions, affinity to Anakin's lightsaber, etc. reasonably.

• 1Solidarity

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
On the record, again, that she is none of those things and all of them make the story worse.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

iannis

Musty Nester
LOL glad I'm not the only one.

I'm really leaning towards Rey being Luke's daughter from the perspective that:

1. Anakin
2. Leia
3. Emo Ren

1. Anakin
2. Luke
3. Rey

And somehow, it'll come full circle and Rey & Darth Emo will bring closure/balance to the force (how remains to be seen).

Well that's easy, they'll have a baby and OH GOD THEY'RE FIRST COUSINS

• 1Like

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
The poster is bland but the trailer was good. The Force Awakens trailer was a massive dose of awesome, WTF/OMG, don't know if I will like it. They are clearly playing it close to the chest now so meh.

I agree with Mist that all theories we come up with will be cooler than what ep 9 ultimately delivers. I'm not cynical so I'll enjoy it anyway.

• 1Like

Royal

I'm alright with them going for something that seems "cool" or at least different so long as it doesn't come off as overly contrived or require some level of mental gymnastics to make sense. If that's they only way they can get to cool (the George way) then I'd rather have something more ordinary. I'm perfectly fine with Rey being an absolute nobody, for example.

Either way I think it might be a divisive movie amongst the fans. Any modern Star Wars movie will be to some extent but this one may be particularly so.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Do you believe they'll use Star Wars as a platform to further social agendas?

• 1Like

Royal

Do you believe they'll use Star Wars as a platform to further social agendas?

I tell ya what, I'll throw my response over in the general Star Wars movie thread so as not to bog this one down with it. It's a discussion that applies more to the franchise as a whole rather than any one specific installment.

• 2Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
RLMs true feelings about the new era of SW is starting to show. If the TFA wasnt a star wars movie but a generic sci fi they would of ripped it to shreds.
I really wish they never had Kylo remove his mask.
It would of been great if he just removed it at the end when Han confronted him. Removing it during the interrogation was meh.

• 1Like

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Rey is a Disney princess with a classic Disney origin story. They made it vague enough in the first movie so they could go in any number of directions with the remaining films. It wouldn't shock me if they used a combination of fan theories to basically crowd source her story.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Royal

RLMs true feelings about the new era of SW is starting to show. If the TFA wasnt a star wars movie but a generic sci fi they would of ripped it to shreds.

Mmmmm .. yeeeeaaahhh.

More like "If they had known at the time that they would end up going for the disgruntled fan/Star Wars backlash crowd they would have ripped TFA to shreds." Because that schtick gets them way more run than if they were just another collection of voices out there saying middle of the road or otherwise generally positive things about the franchise.

So they pick fights with the fan shows staffed by fans who have made it (or rather the YouTube equivalent of making it) because they can't really compete with those shows in that space by trying to do what those shows do. RLM isn't in California so getting the occasional guest directly involved with the property is out of the picture and some of the humor that they had in the video series that put them on the map has probably made getting press credentials or premier invites from any of the companies under the Disney umbrella an impossibility.

Last edited:

iannis

Musty Nester
Honestly, I think RLM's true feelings on Star Wars are: "We don't care THAT much. The product is alright. It's fine. It's somewhere above mediocre, somewhere below great. It's not really FOR us. But this merchandising is off the damn hook. This shit's nuts. Look at this shit."

If Mike wanted to do a prequels style plinkett deconstruction about TFA... well, he wouldn't be able to. TFA is a well made, competent movie. There's a lot of dumb parts in it, but there's nothing that really destroys the logic of the movie. It's self consistent. Those prequels were just hot garbage. They couldn't even muster too much critisism of Rogue One beyond, "It was bland. Really really bland. But it's nice that Disney is TRYING. Kinda. I guess!"

Precisely because of the plinkett reviews that basically bar them from Hollywood access... I don't think they'd have any trouble at all eviscerating a bad movie. The two movies so far just aren't bad. They're also not exactly masterpieces. So yeah, you make fun of the paid shills who say they are.

If they keep pushing out bland nostalgia fests though, the RLM guys will probably get a little bit nasty about it for a few shorts and then just be like, "Fuck it. Whatever. Time to roll the Polyhedron of the Worst and git KRUNKED."

• 1Solidarity