Steam Deals and Digital Sales

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, last month's was pretty killer w/ X-Com 2, Project Highrise (a Sim Tower game that's pretty neat), Abzu and Ryse in addition to some decent looking indies.

I have most of those, so just subbed today for Warhammer.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, last month's was pretty killer w/ X-Com 2, Project Highrise (a Sim Tower game that's pretty neat), Abzu and Ryse in addition to some decent looking indies.

I have most of those, so just subbed today for Warhammer.
spronk spronk So is the Humble Bundle monthly for PC, what PS+ used to be for Ps3 back in the day?

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
After the first few months of quality releases, I'd call the Humble Monthly Bundle probably the best deal in gaming, up there with EA Access. I can cancel tomorrow and keep my stuff, so I'd put it above PS+ at any point in it's existence, and higher volume of games.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You guys like Humble Monthly? I did it for a while and got some good games like Mad Max and Grim Dawn but most of the games I got were indy BS games that go on sale for 20 cents and are not worth playing unless you are in to 8 bit graphics and crappy game play.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Well that is kind of what it is best for. You get a quality $19.99+ game that you could have skipped at full price and most of the time are lucky in getting some smaller games that are worth trying but even at $0.20 you may have skipped. The monthly sub has more than made up for the main release and there's a couple of indy games that were totally worth it too. Went to check my previous months for some examples but it is blocked at work. I'd fully support it until it dropped off in quality at some point.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm gonna second the value of Humble Monthly. I've been on it for almost a year (I think I skipped the month with COD) but I can tell you I've almost never get a title I already had and this is coming from someone that has a 700+ library on Steam. Not only that but I would say that most of the titles are not shovelware, they are pretty decent/newish stuff. Some of the stuff that's been in there I probably wouldn't have paid full price for (like Abzu) but I'm glad it was in there. For 12 bucks I'd say it's worth the value you get back. Vast majority of the time it's worth just for the title that they initially reveal.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Are they Steam codes for Humble monthly games?

Aside: Any deals anywhere atm for PC Battlefield 1?
Steam Codes except for the Humble Exclusive titles, which need to be downloaded and run outside of Steam. Usually experimental indie stuff.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
You guys like Humble Monthly? I did it for a while and got some good games like Mad Max and Grim Dawn but most of the games I got were indy BS games that go on sale for 20 cents and are not worth playing unless you are in to 8 bit graphics and crappy game play.
I'm gonna have to call this BS, because almost every month has 2-3 indy games from my wishlist that haven't dropped below $5-8 on their cheapest days. There have been a FEW duds from month to month. One of the reasons I started regularly subscribing though was the duplicates or titles I didn't want I would sell to people and end up covering the cost of the bundle anyway, give or take a couple bucks.

If you ONLY like flashy AAA games, then bundles aren't for you at all. If you have varied tastes though, Monthly Bundle has been knocking it out of the park for a while now.

Also, while I was initially annoyed at the Hollow Knight demo thing, it's actually a 9th item so it didn't take up a normal slot and it moved the game from my wishlist to a full preoder and now I can't wait for it to come out.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
If you ONLY like flashy AAA games, then bundles aren't for you at all. If you have varied tastes though, Monthly Bundle has been knocking it out of the park for a while now.

Yep, this is extremely accurate. If you're someone who can enjoy well made games in different genres, it's great. If you stick to one or two specific genres, it's usually not going to be up your alley unless the main game is.

• 1Like

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
lol, i saw that on the new release list.

A friend threatened to buy this for everyone for a LAN we're having next weekend ...