Steam Deals and Digital Sales

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Bastion is awesome. It's also got one of my top 10 all-time video game songs in it:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I could never get into Bastion. Maybe it's time to give it another shot? Wonder how it plays with an Xbox controller...might be a good one to finally get use out of my Steam Link.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
this weeks humble bundle is weirdly ps3/ps4 games, a bunch of THQ/Nordic games.
Humble THQ Nordic PlayStation Bundle (pay what you want and help charity)

i don't think the BTA or $15 tier are worth it, but for $1 you'll get 5 decent games.

Note: you get a single key for all the games you buy, you can't add to it later or give out game codes to share or anything. one key, all the games. I guess if you don't own a gaming PC then $15 is decent for all the darksiders but otherwise I'd just stick to $1.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not sure this is the right place for this question, but anyone got a suggestion for a casual survival/crafting type game; solo probably would be best, but casual multiplayer might be okay too.

I want something in the vein of Rust, just without the retarded as shit PVP (I don't want to log off and have my entire shit raided and start from scratch).

I've been tempted by a few things like The Forest and Stranded Deep, but don't have a good enough feel whether they're in a complete enough state or if the gameplay is worth a shit. I think that might be the biggest problem; there are lots of games that kind of look to fill this criteria, but they're almost all "early alpha" right now.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
If you want sci-fi feel, I can recommend Empyrion, despite being in EA (and still having plenty to add), it's plenty fun to build up a base and harvest stuff from multiple planets and get your ass kicked by volcano spiders if you aren't paying attention. It mostly turns into Minecraft/creative mode after you max out everything and have plenty of resources, but with spaceships and lasers/rockets, and the climb there is novel and interesting, at least to me.

I have heard good things about the Forest but haven't tried it yet myself. As you said, there's exceedingly few of these games not in early access and it's super hard to judge how early they are.

There's always heavily modded Minecraft too, I suppose :p

Edit: Actually it may not have been the Forest, I can't keep them all straight. It was something though! There's probably a subreddit or forum somewhere of people that love that genre that would set you straight, I would hope.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Edit: Actually it may not have been the Forest, I can't keep them all straight. It was something though! There's probably a subreddit or forum somewhere of people that love that genre that would set you straight, I would hope.
I actually don't think I was either. I'm probably thinking The Long Dark. Either way, it's EA and lots of the reviews are negative about how it needs more development.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Not sure this is the right place for this question, but anyone got a suggestion for a casual survival/crafting type game; solo probably would be best, but casual multiplayer might be okay too.

I want something in the vein of Rust, just without the retarded as shit PVP (I don't want to log off and have my entire shit raided and start from scratch).

I've been tempted by a few things like The Forest and Stranded Deep, but don't have a good enough feel whether they're in a complete enough state or if the gameplay is worth a shit. I think that might be the biggest problem; there are lots of games that kind of look to fill this criteria, but they're almost all "early alpha" right now.

Subnautica was pretty fun

• 1Like

Rime

<Donor>
Subnautica is also slated for a May release, so it is going to escape Early Access soon!

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Feels like it'll be the first game in five years to accomplish that
No shit. I was tossing around between trying Rust or 7 Days to Die again, and both have been in Alpha since like 3+ years ago. I'm actually trying to think of the last game I saw that was released as early access on Steam to actually ever get out of alpha.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
If you don't count just survival-type games there's a ton of EA games that get released. The survival ones are frequently the slowest to get anywhere and some of the more popular ones though. But Kerbal, Escapists, Prison Architect, and Poi are 4 just off the top of my head that went from EA to release in like the past year and are all fairly popular in their genre.

spronk

FPS noob
pretty good bundle if you don't have them already
Humble Intergalactic Bundle (pay what you want and help charity)

$1 - space hulk, sins of a solar empire, galactic civs ii
$bta - planetary annihilation: titans, rebel galaxy
$15 - Gal Civ 3, Offworld Trading Company

$1 worth it, the other games are good but older at this point and drop on sale all the time. You can also get Gal Civ 1 ultimate edition for FREE on that page